Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to Official Clanevents DE?

Budlemon

Question

19 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Budlemon said:

I do own a clan with 99 other very active players and we would all apreciate any type of clanevent. Thats all.

Understandable, I just feel they're too out of touch with how to run them successfully. You can however try what we did in our little competitive clan, devise a series of Rank up challenges with silly rewards like a personalized colour or role on the clan discord, that sorta thing. To give an example we have 4 ranks of gradually more challenging tasks starting with easy stuff like "crack a relic and complete the mission in under 1 minute solo" and then ranging up to things like "complete 500 kavor rescues in 1 defection mission" or "beat Pluto Regna spy in under 1:10 and get a cosmic specter blueprint reward" that kinda thing. It'll give your clan mates something to do.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Methanoid:

that applies to any game where you can chat to people, warframes hardly rocking cutting edge features here, also other games tend to have actual clan/guild system that are more than just a badly made 1990's irc chat channel.

yep in every game where a chat function is you can make friends. No community needed. Jesus, thank god the normal playerbase in warframe is not nearly as toxic as they are here on this forum.

17 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I mean in terms of game impact yes you're right. But I've made many good friends who I now consider mates through my clan and alliance, some of which are now real life mates not just online.

that applies to any game where you can chat to people, warframes hardly rocking cutting edge features here, also other games tend to have actual clan/guild system that are more than just a badly made 1990's irc chat channel.

1 hour ago, Methanoid said:

clans and esp alliances have always been a joke as a whole, at best they are an extra chat channel, beyond that they are as usual, minimal effort.

I mean in terms of game impact yes you're right. But I've made many good friends who I now consider mates through my clan and alliance, some of which are now real life mates not just online.

10 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Hopefully never, the last one was so heavily nerfed by DE making sure new players could compete with good clans, that the whole thing was a joke.

clans and esp alliances have always been a joke as a whole, at best they are an extra chat channel, beyond that they are as usual, minimal effort.

1 minute ago, Budlemon said:

Yes you can get creative with intern events and those are really good tips. We also did some stuff like Dojo Duel events or even a lunaru event the other day :D
I opened this thread because I wanted to know if there is actually some info about upcoming events, maybe I missed something, but doesnt seem like it.

I haven't any whispers no. And I do keep an ear open for such things just incase they actually release something worthwhile.

vor 20 Minuten schrieb -CdG-Zilchy:

Understandable, I just feel they're too out of touch with how to run them successfully. You can however try what we did in our little competitive clan, devise a series of Rank up challenges with silly rewards like a personalized colour or role on the clan discord, that sorta thing. To give an example we have 4 ranks of gradually more challenging tasks starting with easy stuff like "crack a relic and complete the mission in under 1 minute solo" and then ranging up to things like "complete 500 kavor rescues in 1 defection mission" or "beat Pluto Regna spy in under 1:10 and get a cosmic specter blueprint reward" that kinda thing. It'll give your clan mates something to do.

Yes you can get creative with intern events and those are really good tips. We also did some stuff like Dojo Duel events or even a lunaru event the other day :D
I opened this thread because I wanted to know if there is actually some info about upcoming events, maybe I missed something, but doesnt seem like it.

16 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

Yeah, i used to do that. Or stuff like "race to X" weekends. I'd choose a more expensive thing (dyes nowadays), and the guy that donated the most for the objectives would get a reward, usually in the form of ranks, but sometimes a prime set, or something like that.

But i think we're talking about "official" clan events, and those are sorely missing. The old dark sectors was flawed, but even that was better than nothing.

I like those ideas for clan incentives, to be honest these days our competitive clan is just a bunch of mates who play other games plus Warframe and talk together on discord each day. We also organize occasional plat giveaways for prizes for our social clan players in the more casual dojos of the clan.

Well I was with ICE alliance with dark sectors so it was fine for me :D
But yeh I miss the old events, we used to compete pretty fiercely. I just think that these days DE's too hellbent on making each event casual friendly to actually make a good event. They simply need to plonk it down. step away and come back in a week when the good clans have finished dissing each other on discord and achieving good scores. Before they wiped the scoreboards during Hostile Mergers I was in the top 10 scores then pretty much all my clan lost their scores and we couldn't be bothered trying again considering the way that DE handled it, they didn't even extend the event. Then they wiped people's scores again with 3 days left, it's just not the way they used to treat the game, it used to be a proving ground of sorts in the events instead "everybody gets a trophy" day which is what it is now. One of our clans is still full of trophies from the days when not everyone did get a trophy.

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Yeah, i used to do that. Or stuff like "race to X" weekends. I'd choose a more expensive thing (dyes nowadays), and the guy that donated the most for the objectives would get a reward, usually in the form of ranks, but sometimes a prime set, or something like that.

But i think we're talking about "official" clan events, and those are sorely missing. The old dark sectors was flawed, but even that was better than nothing.

2 minutes ago, Budlemon said:

lol spamming this type of event wouldnt have got you anywhere since you needed those points in actually one run. It was exactly the opposite of the normal 'spaming missions and hope for a good reward' kinda thing.

I'm pretty sure that was cumulative. Might be wrong, anyway i know that i got to gold with just me, my brother and a friend doing it. And wasting time for bragging rights, not really my thing.

I do agree that it would be nice to have clans be involved in actual gameplay somehow, but these events aren't the way.

vor 1 Minute schrieb ReaverKane:

Awesome? What's so awesome about spamming the same mission over and over? That's normal gameplay.

lol spamming this type of event wouldnt have got you anywhere since you needed those points in actually one run. It was exactly the opposite of the normal 'spaming missions and hope for a good reward' kinda thing.

7 minutes ago, Budlemon said:

Ah okay, I see. And thats why you dont want clanevents back at all? Because some clans managed their way to the top via exploits and that affected maybe some legal runs? Isnt that something that could be better in the next event?
You dont see any aspect in clanactivity or just the life in a clan in general, clanrecruiting, building a community and do something with them, etc. no? 
And btw I still dont get your point how new players could compete with good clans since this is a clan vs. clan kinda thing and new players could never reach lets say 20k points in one run without help.

Essentially I don't want them back because DE have shown lately that they just don't know how to simply launch an event, step back and let the good clans scrap it out without interfering due to whining and complaining from casual players and their never ending quest to bend over backwards for such demands. In the old days the clans would just enjoy a week or more of hardcore play, giving it to each other on discord and finding the dodgiest ways possible to reach their goals and it was ok, DE didn't interfere and let us duke it out. It was fun. Now, it's not fun and it's not worth it.

17 hours ago, Budlemon said:

Is there any info from DE on upcoming clanevents in the near future? I think the last one (disruption) was awesome.
Just curious if such events are dead and or still possible to come...

Awesome? What's so awesome about spamming the same mission over and over? That's normal gameplay.

Ah okay, I see. And thats why you dont want clanevents back at all? Because some clans managed their way to the top via exploits and that affected maybe some legal runs? Isnt that something that could be better in the next event?
You dont see any aspect in clanactivity or just the life in a clan in general, clanrecruiting, building a community and do something with them, etc. no? 
And btw I still dont get your point how new players could compete with good clans since this is a clan vs. clan kinda thing and new players could never reach lets say 20k points in one run without help.

9 minutes ago, Budlemon said:

Pls explain ? Points wise? How coulve new players compete with 'good' clans?

Because they banned every single score achieved in a manner they saw as an "exploit". Regardless of whether or not the players were using abilities in a clever way or whatever. Essentially they nerfed it down to 1 way to do the content, rather than allowing a multitude of ways to achieve a good score. 

Archived