Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gifts from strangers you can't refuse!?

Deus-Ex-Vesania

Question

Here I am, back to the grind... I mean, Warframe and while browsing Simaris' store in case there is new stuff available I received the notification that redacted (get it? cuz no naming and shaming) gifted me a credit booster.

No mail, no chat message. Just a very short pop-up informing me.

So I'm not even 100% sure about the name of the player, given how long it took me to process what just happened.

Anyway, I went and checked my settings regarding 'Receive gifts from...' And lo and behold, it was still set to 'nobody'. As it was since the day I came across the information that random gifts will get ME banned for receiving them!

And again, as pointed out, no mail.

This booster I received from someone I don't even know, I shouldn't even be able to receive in the first place according to the game's own options, went immediatly active! Needless to say I wrote a support request and went offline just so I do not benefit from it.

Anyone else had similar experiences? Should I've posted this under bugs?

11 answers to this question

You say you were browsing Simaris‘ store, so i guess you were at a Station. If so, then you might have been gifted randomly by a MR30 player. That is a new feature which they can use via a terminal which you can find aboard space stations. Gifts from the shop usually come with an inbox message.

Gerade eben schrieb Die_Frucht83:

You say you were browsing Simaris‘ store, so i guess you were at a Station. If so, then you might have been gifted randomly by a MR30 player. That is a new feature which they can use via a terminal which you can find aboard space stations. Gifts from the shop usually come with an inbox message.

Sooo... No random ban hammer?

And yeah, I was in the Strata Relay at that time.

4 minutes ago, Deus-Ex-Vesania said:

Well, at least that eased my nerves a bit. Still, gonna wait till the booster went away and leave the support request open

To ease your mind further, gifting someone something does not create a random ban for no bloody reason as the in-game gifting system relies on the checks and balances of the player's plat balance giving the gift before the gift is given to you.  Refusing gifts is an option used by veterans like me as well as streamers trying out the game -- to prevent random audience members from giving everything and the kitchen sink before allowing the person to learn about the game.  (I can name several bigger streamers where this did in fact happen).  

Bans more often times than naught occur when creating negative platinum balances through the trade system.  And the refusing gifts does not exclude the trade system as that would require disabling 2FA for that to not happen for you.  

33 minutes ago, Deus-Ex-Vesania said:

Well, at least that eased my nerves a bit. Still, gonna wait till the booster went away and leave the support request open

Thanks though!

I do blessings all the time, they only last a sad 3 hours at 25%, the times I do them other players in the relay at the time don't even know I've done it no message to let them know so I do a text message in chat as well, a player only knows once they get back to their ship it shows up.

p.s I know it wasn't me because I only do affinity blessings. ;)

2 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

I do blessings all the time, they only last a sad 3 hours at 25%, the times I do them other players in the relay at the time don't even know I've done it no message to let them know so I do a text message in chat as well, a player only knows once they get back to their ship it shows up.

p.s I know it wasn't me because I only do affinity blessings. ;)

blessings show a great big banner with a button prompt to thank the person, and the booster will show that it has started in the usual place where boosters and such are displayed

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Greenguy5000 said:

blessings show a great big banner with a button prompt to thank the person, and the booster will show that it has started in the usual place where boosters and such are displayed

Never seen this big banner you speak of, where in the relay does it come up.

The blessing booster does not show up on your screen until you leave the relay.

4 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

Yeah, it's a random mr30 giving out buffs in the relay. I had this last night, funnily enough while I was in the Simaris shop.

You get a message saying someone's given you a buff and it has the mr30 mastery icon in the message.

Thank you, now I'll go buy my clanmates some glasses because you just proved they are BLIND, even when I tell them I'm doing it I ask them and nope they pull a Sergeant Schultz. "I see nothing:wink:

Archived