Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need a tracker for Tenshin shop

Serafim_94

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Not really sure how it is needed since we know it resets every monday with a new item. And when the item you want is there you'll likely have the needed essence and then some from the previous weeks.

Baro also have a fixed reset day, 2 week rotation with very little exception, so by your logic he also don't need a reminder right? Everyone would just remember when he come, no biggy .... Yet he have, what? an email notify that he came, a chat bot respond to "when baro", a button in the navigation panel with is face on it whenever he arrive. How come? Because he have new things every week, his wares are unpredictable and valuable enough that most player would need one copy of almost everything he sell sooner or later.

Right now, the 2 other vendors that have reset day with no reminder mechanic in the game are Nora and Paladino, but both of them have more or less the same rewards that change very little that you don't expect to have new things added every visit. However, that predictability would practically let you don't even need to remember their reset time for reward purpose

For Palatino,  you can come to Iron Wake whenever you want a new riven, as long as you didn't cash out one within the last 7 days, no need to even remember her reset day. The same is almost apply for Nora as i bet after a player get all the cosmetic item Nora have, they would just return whenever they earn enough credit for potato or nitain.

We don't know the full extend of things Tenshin would offer yet, so it's still unpredictable and invoke a decent amount of FOMO. Even after 8 weeks and that no longer true, you still can't cash out your SE whenever you want for umbra the same way as Palatino  If you miss the week of umbra for tenshin, you missed it forever, which is even harsher than the months long window for umbra in each nightwaves season. In this state, Tenshin need more of a reminder mechanic than Baro for a fair amount of players.

Heck, even for Nora case, she would have new stuff in her shop every new season that player might missed out at the beginning. She also need a reminder that her shop reset too while we are at it.

4 часа назад, SneakyErvin сказал:

Not really sure how it is needed since we know it resets every monday with a new item. And when the item you want is there you'll likely have the needed essence and then some from the previous weeks.

See, Baro's rotation is relatively easy to track - every second week. Even then, before tracker got implemented, chat was filled with "when baro" stuff. And "where baro" when he did show up. Adding a tracker was a major QoL improvement.

Teshin's shop is on 8 week rotation. I'm personally only interested in umbral forma - meaning I'm waiting on an 8 week cycle. And I already lost track of it. Sure, I can google. Or go and check on relay. But that's inconvenient - just as searching for Baro was.

Then there are open world timers and nightwave fragments. Kuva missions got their own form of "tracker" at some point too. None of those things were that hard to check out - yet their trackers make them that much less tedious to check.

It's a basic QoL improvement with literally no downside, widely implemented for other features. Except this time it's for very scarce umbral forma and generally limited rivens. Just put another line in there, with "ware of the week".

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Why does someone ALWAYS have to be against progress and good ideas. 

Just today I was cursing why theres no tracker somewhere about Teshins inventory because I can never remember if I checked it this week or not, and Im afraid I'll forget it when theres something good. 

Maybe add it in the mobile app with an option for phone alert if it's not there yet. 

3 hours ago, FireSegment said:

Baro also have a fixed reset day, 2 week rotation with very little exception, so by your logic he also don't need a reminder right? 

Exactly, he really doesnt need it. The moving icon on the map is more than enough. Though in Baro's case it makes some sense to have a reminder since it is over a weekend, with several possible items to purchase that then go away for several months. Everything on Teshin is there at all times except for one single item, which you have 7 days to check up on.

3 hours ago, Serafim_94 said:

Teshin's shop is on 8 week rotation. I'm personally only interested in umbral forma - meaning I'm waiting on an 8 week cycle. And I already lost track of it. Sure, I can google. Or go and check on relay. But that's inconvenient - just as searching for Baro was.

Then there are open world timers and nightwave fragments. Kuva missions got their own form of "tracker" at some point too. None of those things were that hard to check out - yet their trackers make them that much less tedious to check.

Well Kuva are missions, having them easily accessible through a button click on a mission selection menu is pretty standard. And at times it can be hard to spot which two planets are actually effected by the fortress. It isnt really comparable to Teshin, since we know the specific day it updates and we know exactly where to find him. I mean, yeah, they could add a CD tracker in his shop that shows the upcoming week maybe, but I wouldnt want to see more clutter on the star chart or any other place that is frequently used. 

45 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

Why does someone ALWAYS have to be against progress and good ideas. 

Just today I was cursing why theres no tracker somewhere about Teshins inventory because I can never remember if I checked it this week or not, and Im afraid I'll forget it when theres something good. 

Maybe add it in the mobile app with an option for phone alert if it's not there yet. 

Progress in this case is a matter of opinion as I see it, since to me it would be nothing but clutter since the thing is already easy to track in one of several ways. I wouldnt mind access to Teshin's shop through the syndicate UI, since it would need to be actively sought out. That would be actual QoL since I'd be able to shop from my Orbiter and check what is up for the week. There are already too many in-your-face reminders in the game, I dont want another one (thank the gods they removed the #*!%ing ghoul infomercial!).

I still dont see how it is needed. Can we make use of such a feature? Yes. Do we need it though? No not at all.

9 hours ago, Serafim_94 said:

Something similar to Baro tracker, on navigation console. Something that will show his rotating item on sale. Manually tracking 8-week cycle for umbral forma (or whatever else you're interested in) is an utter pain.

I'd highly suggest this in the mobile app category, it would really help to see what Teshin has while you're not able to visit him in-game.

If they did implement this on the app, I think that would be a much better place for it than the navigation console, considering the camera angle you have to work with (Unless you went into decoration's viewpoint), it would be a bit easier to see it at a flat angle, for one reason.

Just like Baro's section on the app, Teshin's could show your current Steel Essence total, and whichever thing he has that week and for what price. I don't see any reason why that couldn't or shouldn't be added.

• 9 months later...

I absolutely agree and find it odd how anyone can argue against this as though it would have no utility. "It's not needed", sure, however a lot of things in life are not actually needed for your survival, you can desire things that help you in some way with everyday life or whatever the case may be. Such a counter could help you time your steel essence farming and spending to make sure you have enough for that Umbra Forma right away once it turns up.

In the meantime, this paragraph of this wiki page has a simple counter and list of rotating offers that allows you to time the rotations. Scroll down a bit and you'll see it:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_Steel_Path#Steel_Essence

44 minutes ago, MajitsuPrime said:

I absolutely agree and find it odd how anyone can argue against this as though it would have no utility. "It's not needed", sure, however a lot of things in life are not actually needed for your survival, you can desire things that help you in some way with everyday life or whatever the case may be. Such a counter could help you time your steel essence farming and spending to make sure you have enough for that Umbra Forma right away once it turns up.

In the meantime, this paragraph of this wiki page has a simple counter and list of rotating offers that allows you to time the rotations. Scroll down a bit and you'll see it:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_Steel_Path#Steel_Essence

How do you know when you get paid? When to pay the rent? How do you know if you're in the beginning of the week or month versus the middle or end? 

If you can answer those questions for yourself....you've made it far, congrats.

Not sure how that's related to the thread topic, but more relevantly I think it would still be useful if Teshin's Wares were added to the mobile app, along with showing how much Steel Essence one has.

Hypothetically, it could even track SP Incursions. But there wouldn't be a noticeable downside to implementing this as far as I can tell.

On 2021-09-13 at 2:38 PM, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

How do you know when you get paid? When to pay the rent? How do you know if you're in the beginning of the week or month versus the middle or end? 

If you can answer those questions for yourself....you've made it far, congrats.

Respectfully, MaduraiPrime, your reply and question make no sense in this context.

Archived