Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how to use warframe with steam (and not with epicgames)?

MollAgdeduba

I have this problem: tooday, for take the free skin on epic games i have downloaded warframe from epic game. Skin taken, but now i want to play with steam, but it look like i can't anymore. 

If i start the game from my usual icon on desktop, now it is linked to epic games. If i delete the icon, and say to steam to create a new one, it is automatically create with epic games link. 

I don't want epic games will be open every time i open warframe, so how could i link it back to my stam account?

EDIT: if for open the game i use the right click steam icon on the right botton of my screen, it is opene with steam. If i go inside my steam library and i open the game, is still opened with steam. But every desktop icon just open the game using epic games. 

32 minutes ago, MollAgdeduba said:

But every desktop icon just open the game using epic games. 

You clicked "make a desktop shortcut" when you installed wf from epic.
It replaced the original icon.
I deleted it and try to make it from stem(there is an option on the game from steam - make a desktop shortcut) but for some reason every time I did it it agan made and epic shortcut.(I think win10 kinda is at fault for that)

When I uninstalled epic, restarted the computer and then made a desktop shortcut trough steam it worked.
qbDBWCd.jpg

28 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

Do a clean install of steam warframe after having Uninstalled and deleted any trace of epic warframe and epic launcher. Is what I would do as basic troubleshooting 

Yea you can fix a headache with a hammer too, forever. XD

If you run into this problem in the future you can always edit a shortcut. I don't have Warframe on my laptop, but here's Steam's shortcut for example:

https://i.imgur.com/p90C8g5.png

Just replace the path in the Target/Start in boxes with the right path.

You can also make a new shortcut on your own, just copy the Warframe launcher executable from ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\Tools\ and right click → Paste shortcut. Rename the shortcut and you're good to go.

Another option is you can just Add Warframe to Steam as a "Non-Steam Game" but this not work because The Warframe Launcher needs to run before the actual game exe. Does so yeah.... That's a Thing....

And all that does is allow you to use certain steam Features like the Steam Input Profiler.... The game would still be technically tethered to Epic Games Store and all its Features.

This could be useful for people thet want to avoid to unistall the epic-games launcher:

Right click the game icon, and in the window it open, you should replace the epicgames code with this code "steam://rungameid/230410" in the URL text zone, like in the image i post. I tried that, and it worked.

temp123.jpg

PS: the code is "standard" and is the same on every pc!

Archived