Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slow load and freeze when entering the plains after last patch

--MEG--

As the title said, some players, including me, are facing slow load when entering the plains of Eidolons after last patch, the pc freeze in the load process, I don't know what's the issue with this slow load and freeze, but it's certainly related to last patch.

I hope this issue will be taken on consideration and fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks.

I am also experiencing slow loading when going into a mission, and when going back to orbiter, in which, should take less time than what I am experiencing after the recent update (Mirage and Banshee unvaulting).

I hope this issue will be fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks.

I'm having this issue as well. Also a comment from the patch page:

16 hours ago, DoubleXXF said:

The "memory leak" fix actually made it worse for Plains of Eidolon loading times. MTR ON usually gives you slower loading times but more fps overall, MTR OFF gave you less fps but faster loading times. But in this update its all the same, and people even disconnect / cant even load back into the 2nd/3rd run etc.. The memory leak probably kept stacking on RAM and that helped people load faster whenever they rejoin Plains. The memory leak didnt seem like a huge problem in the game, unless you play the game for a long time. Maybe try to revert the patch or look into it again. This is just information from 2 Eidolon hunts after the hotfix, and it felt pretty bad compared to thousands of other hunts i've done so far. thanks in advance

as a disclaimer when you set mtr to off, it warns you about "it should only be disabled in extremely rare diagnostic situations". using it for abusing loadings for daily basis is certainly not a "diagnostic" case.

so it was ram exploit all those years on mtr off runs (including old raids).  manipulating with memory in ToS clearly stated as bannable, so be glad you all ain't perma banned on top of this patch.

and don't whine about some unintended game behaviour taken away.

just get a better pc.

1 hour ago, tipsy_princess said:

as a disclaimer when you set mtr to off, it warns you about "it should only be disabled in extremely rare diagnostic situations". using it for abusing loadings for daily basis is certainly not a "diagnostic" case.

so it was ram exploit all those years on mtr off runs (including old raids).  manipulating with memory in ToS clearly stated as bannable, so be glad you all ain't perma banned on top of this patch.

just get a better pc.

turning off a feature = manipulating with memory

3 hours ago, tipsy_princess said:

just get a better pc.

lmao @ referring to turning off an optional feature as "manipulating with memory" and banworthy

3 hours ago, tipsy_princess said:

just get a better pc.

Just get better argument :), the option to turn off MTR is in the launcher itself.

2 hours ago, --Q--MEG said:

Just get better argument :), the option to turn off MTR is in the launcher itself.

it's unintended bug caused by memory leak after turning on function which should be used only for diagnostics. abusing bugs to benefit something is clearly an exploit. especially related with memory manipulation and while ignoring any kind of warnings. so it's a good argument.

you literally trying to ask them to return your ability to cheat. don't.

Now the game is literally slow loading, many players have huge fps drop after loading to orbiter or clan,  I think now we discover how this game is really bad developed.

The performance should be established the same or better as it was when MTR was disabled, cuz the game now is literally broken and not fun to play AT ALL.

Thanks for considering this topic for further analysis.  

Facing similar issues here.

This is not only a problem in the plains, it's the same issue but exaggerated in dojos too. I have no clue when this started or why it's happening but after the painstakingly long load into dojo after finishing a missing froze my game then started running at 2-5 fps for 10-15s. 

Maybe unrelated but the orb mother take about double the time to spawn in now. From 7ish seconds to 15ish seconds now. 

Last patch obviously deleted both in-game options, and dumped shader caches for the game. The stutters we're getting when entering new areas is the game loading shaders back and caching them, so much so that going back to those areas usually does not cause stutters again (meaning the shaders were successfully cached).
(Don't quote me on this, its my conclusion based on the evidence that most of my configurations defaulted, and that the stuttering does not repeat, but i could be wrong).

Archived