Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thumpers in the plains of Eidolon

Admiral_Dunt

In my opinion the inclusion of the Thumpers in the plains of Eidolon has made the area essentially unplayable for any other purpose than fighting. Fishing during the day has been rendered impossible because as soon as you start, a thumper will pop up so you have to go away from fishing to kill it and by the time you do that there are so many enemies nearby that fishing is still impossible so you end up having to move either way. I strongly believe that Thumpers are a massive nuisance, not fun to fight, and just generally a detractor from the game. 

19 minutes ago, Admiral_Dunt said:

In my opinion the inclusion of the Thumpers in the plains of Eidolon has made the area essentially unplayable for any other purpose than fighting. Fishing during the day has been rendered impossible because as soon as you start, a thumper will pop up so you have to go away from fishing to kill it and by the time you do that there are so many enemies nearby that fishing is still impossible so you end up having to move either way. I strongly believe that Thumpers a massive nuisance, not fun to fight, and just generally a detractor from the game. 

You do realize that Thumpers don't actually spawn across the entire map? There are plenty of areas to fish at, you're supposed to fish at hotspots and most of those are away from Thumpers.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

You do realize that Thumpers don't actually spawn across the entire map? There are plenty of areas to fish at, you're supposed to fish at hotspots and most of those are away from Thumpers.

They can spawn nearly anywhere, those guides you see around wiki and YouTube just tell you where the most probable spawns are.

I've had spawns all the way down to the Hillside ruins coast and south of Twin Horns. The areas that are marked ''Not worth checking'' still spawn them, but simply less often than the other areas. After spawning they tend to follow you anyway. What you can also see is that nearly every lake or pond is included inside one of the circles, and you cannot control where the hotspots spawn either.

a5ccf371dc6d2aa5be6f41cb7656d2b5.jpg

3 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

They can spawn nearly anywhere, those guides you see around wiki and YouTube just tell you where the most probable spawns are.

I've had spawns all the way down to the Hillside ruins coast and south of Twin Horns. The areas that are marked ''Not worth checking'' still spawn them, but simply less often than the other areas. After spawning they tend to follow you anyway. What you can also see is that nearly every lake or pond is included inside one of the circles, and you cannot control where the hotspots spawn either.

a5ccf371dc6d2aa5be6f41cb7656d2b5.jpg

They don't actually follow you very far, especially if you are in archwing or k-drive, they can't jump that fast and the chunk isn't loaded when you get farther away. The only good fishing spot in one of your circles is the pond southwest from The Seethe, the other spots are nowhere near the circles. Lake fishing is done in Gara Toht, not on the shores, so your only enemy to watch for is flying dudes. The two ocean locations are southwest from Hillside Ruin and straight south from Twin Horns, near the beached shark. Thumpers have never spawned near those areas for me, Hillside Ruin one has occasional patrol that will shoot from distance but otherwise you have smooth fishing all around. So overall, Thumpers are not a problem for fishing as others exaggerate them to be.

My gripe with the Thumbers is the fact that to defeat them you essentially do pixel hunting, as well as being immune to all damage except their weakpoint.

Personally, i'd make them take REDUCED damage everywhere except their weakpoints, plus some other situational weaker parts, like their cannons, etc.

Also, their movement and over the top jumping makes no sense, and its also bugged. They jump-cut from the ground to 20 meters away in a single frame.

4 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

Personally, i'd make them take REDUCED damage everywhere except their weakpoints, plus some other situational weaker parts, like their cannons, etc.

More than that, I'd have heavy anti-vehicle weapons (archguns, in other words) do full damage regardless of where they hit and have this apply to other things of similar size with some kind of innate damage resistance (eg. noxes, juggernauts, those #*!%ing BS corpus treasurers). It's a vehicle with vehicle armour, we're using anti-vehicle weapons on it.

I agree with OP. The thumpers and dargaryns are a nuisance. The map listing those locations is only a guideline and really applies to when you want to fight a thumper. However if you want to fish in a quiet hotspot, for example next to the dead giant shark, they will literally spawn right next to you! It is infuriating.

• My solution is to restart the Saya's Vigil Quest

The plains are pretty peaceful in the quest mission because it is a controlled environment.

On 2020-12-26 at 2:20 PM, Admiral_Dunt said:

In my opinion the inclusion of the Thumpers in the plains of Eidolon has made the area essentially unplayable for any other purpose than fighting. Fishing during the day has been rendered impossible because as soon as you start, a thumper will pop up so you have to go away from fishing to kill it and by the time you do that there are so many enemies nearby that fishing is still impossible so you end up having to move either way. I strongly believe that Thumpers a massive nuisance, not fun to fight, and just generally a detractor from the game. 

omg yes, these annoying 8ng wastes of programming time will pop out of the floor like an evil Lego. they make the plains an utter pain. I can't even kill these walking poopheaps fast, but have to wasted my time, my happiness and usually my bait... 

turning those personalisations of that guy a bit down would be actually a good decision 

btw 2 of these poops spawned during a single day bc I dared to sit on the rock in the sea, at the lanx corpse. 

first popped up, like a pimple 3 minutes after I started fishing. 

the 2 popper up legit 25 minutes later. 

They are my worst unit of the game and whoever designed them should feel bad. >:(

On 2020-12-28 at 10:21 PM, (PSN)Tunalikevirus said:

omg yes, these annoying 8ng wastes of programming time will pop out of the floor like an evil Lego. they make the plains an utter pain. I can't even kill these walking poopheaps fast, but have to wasted my time, my happiness and usually my bait... 

turning those personalisations of that guy a bit down would be actually a good decision 

btw 2 of these poops spawned during a single day bc I dared to sit on the rock in the sea, at the lanx corpse. 

first popped up, like a pimple 3 minutes after I started fishing. 

the 2 popper up legit 25 minutes later. 

They are my worst unit of the game and whoever designed them should feel bad. >:(

Take sniper with and always destroy them, free resources. Thumpers are literally a hopping loot chest.

Archived