Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clarification on Arcane Arachne

Sixes_Wild

I thought this arcane might be neat to use, and encourage me to try and make use of wall latch a little bit more, however, I am having a tough time finding reliable info on it in some regards, as it seems to be a bit of a rare beast. I know some wall-latch mods etc require you to be latched to the wall for X# of seconds before they activate their buff/set buff, but I do not know if this is the case for Arcane Arachne. The wiki doesn't say one way or another if it is instantaneous or if there is a time requirement. Is there anyone who has experience with this arcane that can tell me one way or another before I go and waste Phasic Cells on it. I already have most of the other 'good' arcanes, so I am merely trying to branch out a bit.

Cheers.

29 minutes ago, Sixes_Wild said:

I thought this arcane might be neat to use, and encourage me to try and make use of wall latch a little bit more, however, I am having a tough time finding reliable info on it in some regards, as it seems to be a bit of a rare beast. I know some wall-latch mods etc require you to be latched to the wall for X# of seconds before they activate their buff/set buff, but I do not know if this is the case for Arcane Arachne. The wiki doesn't say one way or another if it is instantaneous or if there is a time requirement. Is there anyone who has experience with this arcane that can tell me one way or another before I go and waste Phasic Cells on it. I already have most of the other 'good' arcanes, so I am merely trying to branch out a bit.

Cheers.

https://streamable.com/u6cvk5

Triggers as soon as you latch to a wall with 150% dmg boost at max rank

The fact that it is nearly worthless on warframe.market (2p) should tell you how good it is....simply put, it isn't compared to other arcanes   You would be better off buying as much effective plat (plat per phasic cell) as you can with your phasic cells and then selling those "good arcanes"  and then buy the crap arcanes.

https://warframe.market/items/arcane_arachne

Regardless, the comments on the wiki have your answers.  You will need to wait for the buff to expire in order to reactivate it again.  

* Latch Wall

* Aim

pew pew for 30 seconds

* Latch Wall

* Aim

What makes this arcane not so great is it acts like an additional "serration".  So not only do you need to wall latch and deal with the timer the real buff is maybe 30% more damage total damage at max rank where Arcane avenger (9p single price) by comparison is better in every aspect and will give you at least 90% damage most guns that aren't crit based.   If it is a crit based gun it will still be 90% since the bonus is additive after and you will most likely have a crit damage mod on as well.  

Best overall arcanes are (IMO)

* Energize

* Guardian

* Avenger

Beyond that it gets subjective in terms of "good" down to pointless

1 hour ago, Chappie said:

The fact that it is nearly worthless on warframe.market (2p) should tell you how good it is....simply put, it isn't compared to other arcanes   You would be better off buying as much effective plat (plat per phasic cell) as you can with your phasic cells and then selling those "good arcanes"  and then buy the crap arcanes.

Regardless, the comments on the wiki have your answers.  You will need to wait for the buff to expire in order to reactivate it again.  

* Latch Wall

* Aim

pew pew for 30 seconds

* Latch Wall

* Aim

What makes this arcane not so great is it acts like an additional "serration".  So not only do you need to wall latch and deal with the timer the real buff is maybe 30% more damage total damage at max rank where Arcane avenger (9p single price) by comparison is better in every aspect and will give you at least 90% damage most guns that aren't crit based.   If it is a crit based gun it will still be 90% since the bonus is additive after and you will most likely have a crit damage mod on as well.  

* Energize

* Guardian

* Avenger

Yes I read the wiki, it just didnt seem to have the Arcane's "reaction time" listed. I know Arcanes generally activate immediately, but the fact that other mods tied to wall latch have a latch time requirement made me want to double check. I  already have Avenger, Guardian etc etc.  I may look at something else then.

26 minutes ago, Galuf said:

It is a multiplier on some spells too, like flechette and breach surge. For weapons it is decent if you want to replace a damage mod for something else. It's reliable, it's damage but it's boring to use.

a bit boring but at least it is simple to activate. *tenno-shrug*

2 hours ago, Chappie said:

* Latch Wall

* Aim

pew pew for 30 seconds

* Latch Wall

* Aim

* Energize

* Guardian

* Avenger

Mesa was like 30p the first year I started playing.....ivara is now 30 to 40p as well. Price doesn't equal good. What you probably meant to say is that it's just not meta enough because it requires the user to actually move. Average players and bandwagon followers don't like effort. 

As someone who played with the proton set + arcane arachne, I would say:

1. wall latching isn't even hard in ANY tileset, maybe yes for open worlds and that is it.

2. With full proton set bonus you have 50% damage reduction when wall latching

3. Arcane arachne gives buff instantaneously, make use with it with an AoE weapon with proton Jet, which gives crit/status chance when wall-latching

4. Proton snap status goes brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

5. I don't recommend investing to it though, since there are many better arcanes than AA

And yes, I tried doing 2 hr steel path with nidus + proton set + rank 3 arcane arachne so i kinda know what it feels

Archived