Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kit's Hildryn Retouch

KitMeHarder

I think Hildryn is great, but almost every frame could use a bit of polish. So while I don't expect these changes, at least a couple of them would be really nice QoL things for her.

• Passive - Fine as is.
  • 1) Balefire Charger
    • Increase the status chance from 10% to 35-45%.
      • Or have Balefire force proc heat, or (less preferred) electric.
        • Don’t get me wrong, her base damage is insane, and Pillage helps with her scaling. But damage that can’t headshot, nor be increased through more than a few ways is rarely viable once high level armor is involved.
    • (Potential) Have Balefire rapidly explode upon hitting an object, splitting the damage over 4-5 explosions in a fraction of a second.
    • Convert the damage from electric to radiation.
      • IMO this is the best choice to keep with the shield/corpus theme, as base electric has some problems with it. But if it can be toxin (or player choice like Chromatic Blade), then by all means…
    • Increase the base radius from 3 to 4 meters.
    • While overshielded, Balefire will now knockdown enemies instead of ragdoll them.
      • As the current ragdoll just puts enemies into orbit and causes Balefire to be unable to hit said enemies occasionally, which makes it very annoying.
    • (Bug fix) I believe Balefire hasn’t been able to damage artic eximus bubbles (or the enemies in them) for a while now.
  • 2) Pillage
    • Make it an upper-body animation so I can use it while sprinting.
    • As for Pillage’s lack of effect against health only enemies - Either…
      • For enemies without armor/shields, have Pillage generate overshields based on a portion of their health. Just don’t have it drain their health.
      • Or give her augment (Blazing Pillage) enemy scaling, like how Grendel’s Nourish does.
  • 3) Haven
    • While active Hildryn’s overshield capacity is doubled.
      • This makes it so Haven actually benefits Hildryn, along with the change below.
    • While active, 100% of health damage is transferred to linked enemies.
      • This can’t be abused because Haven is turned off once you reach zero shields. Her passive overshield health damage prevention is fine… until you use your abilities, or run into something that does mixed toxin damage like a Nox/Lich.
  • 4) Aegis Storm
    • Double Balefire Charger’s fire rate during it, like the animation suggest.
    • Allow us to use Pillage during it. IDK why you think it will be so broken.
    • I personally don’t care, but a lot of people want the ability to use normal weapons during it, so I say why not?

And then you need to fix energy-over-time effects making her immortal to anything that isn’t toxin damage, or coded as an ability. IMO just make her unable to benefit from them at all, as opposed to screwing around with the code. To make up for it, you can make energy orbs actually useful (as they haven’t been since the Warframe Revisited patch). Have them restore 10x their energy as shields, or cause them to give Hildryn something like 5 seconds of zero shield recharge delay.

Also make all helminth abilities only 3x the shield cost compared to their energy. 10x is insane, and makes no sense when Pillage went from 150 shields to 50 energy (1/3 cost).

17 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

Passive - Fine as is.

I still don't understand what difference Hildryn's passive makes from normal shield gating.

I made a thread about it a year ago and a Dev replied to some of the comments saying she basically has "better shield gating than others".

It makes no sense.

Especially knowing that it says her passive will work again only at full shields.

So she's literally worse at her own job than others

2 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I still don't understand what difference Hildryn's passive makes from normal shield gating.

I made a thread about it a year ago and a Dev replied to some of the comments saying she basically has "better shield gating than others".

It makes no sense.

Especially knowing that it says her passive will work again only at full shields.

Her shield gating lasts significantly longer [which she can share], and has another form of it when excess shield is depleted.

Also consider, passives for a lot of Warframes are generally either fairly minor or useless. A long invulnerability phase that can be spammed is better than what others get.

She also gets protection from toxin [bypasses shields] when overshielded.

It also doesn't matter if she needs full shield to trigger the long shield gate, she can still repeatedly benefit from the shorter duration one, and she can instantly refill her shield constantly.

For me personally, one of the changes I want is her armor drain to be at the base level, so it wouldn't take so many casts to remove 100% armor.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

• Overshields protect Hildryn's Health pool from damage types that normally bypass shields to directly affect health, such as Toxin damage.
  • When her Overshield pool is depleted, any excess damage from the last hit is negated, preventing damage from leaking into the Shield pool in much the same way as normal shield gating does for Health.
  • Hildryn's Shield Gating grace period is 3 seconds when fully charged, rather than the usual 1.3.
    • This passive is shared with ally Warframes and Companions when linked via  Haven. Reset is dependent on the allies' own shield bar being fully replenished once protected by invulnerability.
  • While overshielded, Haven's damage is doubled and Balefire ragdolls enemies.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

It makes no sense.

her invulnerability after shields run out lasts 3 seconds instead of 1.something , if i recall correctly ^^

18 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:
  • Overshields protect Hildryn's Health pool from damage types that normally bypass shields to directly affect health, such as Toxin damage.
  • When her Overshield pool is depleted, any excess damage from the last hit is negated, preventing damage from leaking into the Shield pool in much the same way as normal shield gating does for Health.
  • Hildryn's Shield Gating grace period is 3 seconds when fully charged, rather than the usual 1.3.
    • This passive is shared with ally Warframes and Companions when linked via  Haven. Reset is dependent on the allies' own shield bar being fully replenished once protected by invulnerability.
  • While overshielded, Haven's damage is doubled and Balefire ragdolls enemies.

Thank you for the clarification.

But they really need to change the description of her passive

Archived