Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RNG mitigation idea

damongautama

How's this for an idea? Every day we get to choose one resource that will drop at 4 times the normal rate. Every week we will get to choose a one day boost for a particular mission reward to get the 4 times treatment (I'm looking at you, Atmo Systems).  RNG would still rule the day, but this might take the edge off of some of those particularly painful grinds. 

Though it's a good idea, I find this unlikely to happen cause it would make things convenient for players.

The purpose of rng is to stretch your grind out as much as possible so buying boosters would make sense.

Also , the sheer number of resources and rewards would make any mechanism to choose between them would be extremely cumbersome.

7 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Though it's a good idea, I find this unlikely to happen cause it would make things convenient for players.

The purpose of rng is to stretch your grind out as much as possible so buying boosters would make sense.

Also , the sheer number of resources and rewards would make any mechanism to choose between them would be extremely cumbersome.

basically all of this^ as incredibly nice as it would be, it would reduce the grind by a substantial margin, which DE doesn't want as it means less chance for a booster purchase. it's completely counterintuitive to DE's business model, they have zero valid reason to go out of their way to implement this.

I feel OP's frustration with Atmo Systems though, it's one of the worst grinds. years later I can still remember the Enrichment Labs layout and the spawn points of the targets in PT Phase 2. sure, each run was under 4 mins in length, but by god did I have to keep replaying for those bloody systems. 

Archived