Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about infinite Umbra Formas for steel essence, but...

Vortex

I'm thinking, how about infinite Umbra Formas for steel essence, but for 500 essences? yes, its to much, but would make Steel Path more interesting, i want to bring my friends to play this kind of mission but actually steel path don't have a real incentive, actually its just a simulacrum with more enemies.

Would be really good to see high valuable itens here for high amount of essences, since that would be the supposed end game.

With infinite i mean repurchasable.

You REALLY dont need the Umbra Forma/Umbra Mod, you can complete any Steel Path Mission without any. At the time you reach SP and be ready for it - you know the proper rules for modding frames/weapons. Adding Umbra Formas just adds a little % for all the min/maxers out there.

Edit: Umbra Formas are indeed purchaseable, 150 Steel Essence each 6 or so weeks they rotate into teshins shop.

24 minutes ago, x_xGamerx_x said:

You REALLY dont need the Umbra Forma/Umbra Mod.

Don't get me wrong, but, who are you to say if i need something or not? and why you bother that much if umbra forma is that ignorable?

You can complete any Steel Path Mission without any.

I never said that you need umbra forma to complete Steel Path.

At the time you reach SP and be ready for it - you know the proper rules for modding frames/weapons. Adding Umbra Formas just adds a little % for all the min/maxers out there.

Hmm, isn't Warframe about ninjas playing free?

Edit: Umbra Formas are indeed purchaseable, 150 Steel Essence each 6 or so weeks they rotate into teshins shop.

Yes, i know it, but waiting every 6 weeks for it is kinda pointless, umbra forma should be more accessible.

17 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

You realize 500 essence is absolutely nothing, correct? 

Do you have a graph showing the average of how many essences people have?

17 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

You realize people had a month to hoard essence before the changes were made, and still were/are buying resource boosters to add to their already large amounts, correct? 

Could you show me that?

21 minutes ago, Vortex said:

Don't get me wrong, but, who are you to say if i need something or not? and why you bother that much if umbra forma is that ignorable?

I never said that you need umbra forma to complete Steel Path.

Yes, i know it, but waiting every 6 weeks for it is kinda pointless, umbra forma should be more accessible.

Could you show me that?

I don't save every screenshot I see, but just last week someone made 300 in one endurance run. 

If you want specific numbers....ask DE, and you'll have your answer. Oh wait....DE is perfect capable of seeing this already and making their own decision. 

They probably want to slowly leak out one of the rarest items in the game, instead of letting people buy 5 at a time....that whole common sense thing and all.

1 hour ago, Vortex said:

It doesn't really matter how much SE people have right now. What matters is how much people could easily farm if they needed to.

If your request is implemented, SE would be in (very) high demand for a short period of time. So a lot of higher-level players would be farming it until they had enough Umbral Forma for their needs. I suspect most of them would go into SP survivals, where acolytes spawn every 5 minutes, dropping 2 SE each time (4 with booster). That's 48 SE per hour if you have a booster. 500 would take a bit of farming, but people would do the farm. And then people would get enough U.F. and would stop bothering with this farm (except for a week after each new frame arrives). And Steel Path would once again go quite empty.

As it is now, you can get more than enough SE by just doing the daily incursions - so a lot of people will be doing just that. Due to their randomness, this means missions all over the SP starchart get populated at various times of day - inevitably helping with matchmaking. And this will go on for a longer time, since people will be seeing U.F. back in the shop and farming up some SE to buy it. Which would promote SP matchmaking long-term.

Since DE explicitly stated that they made the whole incursion system to promote SP matchmaking, I am sure you can guess which of the options they prefer.

7 hours ago, Vortex said:

Because he has far more play time and experience in the game than you to know you dont really need that many Umbral Formas, i for experience agree with him as very few of my frames have any on them and the simple fact you dont need Umbral Forma to make highly optimized builds with up to 2 Umbral mods dont require any Umbral formas to begin with meaning they are Ignorable.

Heh, that slogan died long ago, also what does Umbral Forma have to do with Ninjas playing for Free? You do get the Umbral formas for Free as there is no way to purchase them for Plat, unless you want them served with zero effort on a silver platter, which will never happen.

I dont see the issue considering you can farm quite a bit of Steel Essences until then, just dont waste it with cR@b until then and you should be able to grab a few.

Tho i wouldnt mind there being a monthly tactical alert that gave one IF players managed to complete it.

Could you show me that?

Do you have the time to do your research? If you saw old Steel Path videos you would see people farming large mounts of Steel Essences at a single time, heres an example:

Spoiler

SteelEssenceResult.jpg

It ran like this for Months, people finding more and more ways to cheese Steel Path and farming Steel Essences so yeah, 500 is way too cheap for an Infinite Umbral Forma which surely and hopefuly will never happen.

By this point it's about shinobis entertaining themselves in a non-monetized manner.

It makes more sense, because that way the description doesn't exclude the forums and Reddit, with both also counting as parts of the game.

Archived