Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Embolist And Ignis... What?

Vitras

So, I got an Embolist a week or so after U10. It was awesome when I used it for the first time. Great damage. And I never used the Ignis before. Until today.

What they heck is up with the huge range difference? I mean, using the Embolist first then going to Ignis is like going from a shotgun to a sniper rifle (slight exaggeration). I realize now that it's pretty much as risky to use the Embolist as it is to melee.

I hope they buff Embolist's range after the whole damage rework.

I used the ignis first and found it very enjoyable, then when I tried the embolist I was absolutely shocked. It's damage is okay but it's range is awful. I expected it to be shorter than the ignis's range because it was pistol but not by so much! It felt like it was only a quarter or third of the range.

I went to the wiki out of curiosity and saw that they say the ignis has a range of 20m while the embolist has a range of 5-6 m. I know the wiki can be wildly inaccurate but if that's true it's too short of a range for a gun, I mean according to the wiki that's the same range as the galatine's slam radius.

So you are fine with Embolist before you use Ignis but find Embolist risky after you used Ignis?

I think it's more of a question of "why can't Embolist be similar?" It would be too powerful if it had Ignis' range and spread (20m cone of armor ignoring damage? Yeah...). I still stand with the idea that Embolist's range should be buffed a bit, make it at the very least 10m or something (that's half of Ignis' range).

It's also about economy. Ignis' ammo consumption is huge, and you'll probably run out of them often unless you have a mutation mod with you, or you're very good with gauging your ammo consumption.

Edited by Casardis

no pls...

Embolist dmg is poison which ignores armor...

giving Embolist a range buff will Outclass ignis in every way...

Ignis has better ammo and cone. But idc anyway, since I use both at the same time(call me weird but I enjoy shooting green flames and pink gas together)

no pls...

Embolist dmg is poison which ignores armor...

giving Embolist a range buff will Outclass ignis in every way...

And Embolist needs mastery rank 8 to use. It's kinda logical that it has to be quite powerful and useful (not that it isn't already, but using "it will outclass Ignis" isn't the best argument to avoid changes/little buffs). As mentioned above, Ignis also has WAY better ammo than Embolist. Since Embolist doesn't have much ammo to begin with, the 5m range makes you waste a whole lot of it.

Buffing its range doesn't mean making it the same as Ignis (that would be stupid and broken), nor does it mean making its cone the same (not to mention Ignis can have an even bigger cone with Firestorm). It can just be a +5m range. I mean, Embolist has 5m base range, while Ignis has 20m, 4 times the range.

Making Embolist with half of Ignis range while keeping the current cone (smaller than Ignis seemingly) is quite a good balance, and will also reflect its mastery rank 8 requirement a lot more without making it OP like the Soma.

Edited by Casardis

Embolist ignores armor, Ignis doesn't. It's not noticable at lower levels but as enemies get stronger you will definately find that the Embolist takes things down faster.

I would like to see the Embolist's cone increased a bit though.

Edited by Fundance

Embolist ignores armor, Ignis doesn't. It's not noticable at lower levels but as enemies get stronger you will definately find that the Embolist takes things down faster.

I would like to see the Embolist's cone increased a bit though.

^ this, armor ignore is a big +1 for embolist compared to ignis