Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First time steel path weapon

VeldezOlaf

Question

I am dipping my toes into steel path finally, and my weapon setup has proven weak. I have only cleared the first few nodes by using spores lol. What weapon and mod setup works best here? I would rather not use condition overload, and would ideally like some advice on just 1-2 weapons that I can swap mods for different missions.

5 answers to this question

Putting a potato and forma on your weapons would be really helpful. And then for individual nodes, it is helpful to look at the enemies that you will be facing. Its incredible how much modding your weapons for the correct damage type can help on steel path.

It is difficult to suggest specific weapons when you haven't let us know what weapons you like. I personally use the glaive weapons the most because I like how they feel, and normally run one of the volatile mods, crit chance, and elemental mods. I also like using the dual swords weapons and I will mod those for combo counter with Naramon focus school.

Edit: The warframes I have found most useful for steel path are Nyx for the CC and armor stripping, Hildryn for same reasons, Revenant for CC and never dying, and Nova.

if you have Efficient Beams, get Convectrix and build for Viral + Slash, melts pretty much anything. Also, frames matter a lot more than weapons imo, I mostly used Nyx for SP, 100% armour strip is pretty useful, Nova is also very good. Generally, with a decent build most weapons can do SP, I've used Hek and Vaykor Hek for a big part of it :P

53 minutes ago, VeldezOlaf said:

I am dipping my toes into steel path finally, and my weapon setup has proven weak. I have only cleared the first few nodes by using spores lol. What weapon and mod setup works best here? I would rather not use condition overload, and would ideally like some advice on just 1-2 weapons that I can swap mods for different missions.

For the most part you will want something that can bypass Grineer armor. 

Other than that you can go viral+radiation or viral+heat for most enemies.

Steel Path requires high damage numbers and/or quickly scaling damage (IE: condition overload) to do in a timely manner. 

For missions where you have to defend an objective it will be more important than regular missions to go with a frame capable of very strong CC. Nova is my personal recommendation (for all of steel path) due to her immense tankiness coupled with S-tier crowd control capability. Subsume something that can strip armor and you are good to go.

Some examples of viable steel path weapons (not an exhaustive list):

Primary:
Kuva Bramma
Cedo
Primary Tombfinger
Ignis Wraith
The new infested bow (forget its name)
Arca Plasmor
Daikyu

Secondary:
Kuva Nukor
Secondary Tombfinger
Secondary Catchmoon

Melee:
Any hybrid (crit+status) melee weapon will work. The higher the crit+status potential the better the weapon should scale across Steel Path.
Pangolin Prime
Ninkondi Prime
Gram Prime
Galantine Prime
Ninkana Prime
Hybrid Zaws
Etc.

I would't worry about the weapons and just cheese the whole thing with frames of your choice.  For example

Khora, Octavia, or Vauban + any half baked critviral melee can solo 90% (Strangle+whip, Invischeese+cc+DPS, vortex map lockdown with max range/efficiency etc) - ropololyst and openwolrd bounties aside I suppose.

The bosses are basically identical to a standard sortie so whatever you rock there should work.

Xaku + the mk1 weapons  could easily handle 70%+

Helminth system means almost any frame can be redesigned to add what they may lack (some add'l cc or dps etc)

Great CC frames means you have more time to beat on them with a dull sword or shoot them with a nerf gun and still "win".

etc etc

Also note to "clear it" is just 5 minutes, one rotation, one successful hack or whatever.  If you want to stay for endurance runs, then use whatever you use on regular endurance, just imagine it starting 1 hour in.

I have actually been using a corrosive/heat ignis wraith, and a corrosive speedy helicor I got a lucky riven for. They just are not modded right maybe. I will see if I can find a melee I can get viral/slash going on maybe. I have a couple dozen frames, but have only saryn, necros, and ivhara forma’ed up. I was thinking of building my khora up for the strangle dome thing...... I have seen how good it is for CC, but can it actually kill mobs fast too?

Archived