Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream: 152 Overview

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

I'm glad they're doing something about melee. I'm concerned that they're buffing guns more than nerfing Melee, because the degree to which Melee needs to be nerfed is, whilst severe, also quarantined to a suprisingly small area.

In so many words, Scaling Mods are more effective than all other non-augment or Riven mods put together. Seriously, crunch the numbers - (60*4) + 90 = 330, that's the maximum status chance all weapons have access to, then add in the conditional boosters and they'll usually come out to 470-odd. Weeping Wounds, all on its own, is doing +479%. Crit's even more extreme.

6 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I'm concerned that they're buffing guns more than nerfing Melee, because the degree to which Melee needs to be nerfed is, whilst severe, also quarantined to a suprisingly small area.

You and me both...

I am currently praying to whatever deity will listen that they don't just slap a combo meter on guns, make scaling mods for said combo meter and call it a day.

35 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I am currently praying to whatever deity will listen that they don't just slap a combo meter on guns, make scaling mods for said combo meter and call it a day.

Rewatching the devstream, Scot said "[we] are looking at mods that could be added into the primary and secondary system that will bring those up to the level of melee"

Which could mean anything, but as many have stated, the main difference between melee and ranged comes down to scaling mods. Fortunately adding a combo meter for guns, that would need independent scaling due to vast RoF differences between weapons, seems way too much work to be considered by DE, and I agree with the fact that it would just exacerbate already existing problems, like escalating differences between weapons in the same slot. So let's hope it's not that.

One thing that will never change, though, is what Pablo said a good while ago about Single target vs AoE, no matter how much you buff single target, AoE is simply a better means of dealing damage. We'll get nowhere without some enhanced enemy design that justifies bringing Single Target weapons to a mission, and that unfortunately doesn't take just a few number tweaks. 

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)ShonFr0st said:

One thing that will never change, though, is what Pablo said a good while ago about Single target vs AoE, no matter how much you buff single target, AoE is simply a better means of dealing damage. We'll get nowhere without some enhanced enemy design that justifies bringing Single Target weapons to a mission, and that unfortunately doesn't take just a few number tweaks. 

Even making single target slightly better would be a small victory at this point sadly...

20 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

leme gues , invisibility or AI / spawn abuse otherwise you would get insta-gibed 

using a squad with CC , and survivability was another method , plenty of ways to have one focus a team to do it well without cheesing it. via ai or hidey spots,  in solo invisibility was nice , but cc was king , as even invisible you can still get hit by stray shots and 1 shot. i never said it wasnt hard, but it was fun.  i wont say old naramon shadowstep didnt make it easier when that was a thing, skiajati can help do that also now so meh? 

now with the way things scale its much the same and the rewards are not worth it past a certain time anyway, so the game in a way makes it unneeded to go that far . though it can be fun to see how long a build will last or perform , still do it on mot /coba to verify builds for a while till people start needing to be revived rapidly. i mainly play now to make build experiments and find fun ways to tweak my builds.

I am very unhappy with the idea that the pilot of the Railjack decides the Avionics of said Railjack. This could easily lead to trolling, and will lead hosts to instead deciding not to play public and go invite only or solo. I know for a fact I will never play host again if this change comes into effect, and will strictly play solo or with friends, and even then I'll be relegated solely to pilot's chair due to me having the best Railjack out of my friends. This is a bad idea for a change. It has the potential to do good, but it also has the potential to be utterly negative in the worst kind of ways.

That being said, the Void Storms sound amazing and I really really want them.

Archived