Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream: 152 Overview

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

1wiezj0jhu2Wt_b4EkDEDkJqsgBzF2CegGHj9b1K88KF8o3IXqSKgPR-f5mRRh81rbBsGUGGVtWhNj1vUgMw1uFw6LzkCWphNcx-wUROgSiw_7y85WTzS8RLhAAYceIDBRinopfd

Welcome to another devstream overview 

Gift of the lotus

Spoiler

HGJiM5eQJ0JGPiw-V7VUpVBUEv8ggXRAZya8ofG3gSfqVuzfj0r7J-nMRGR18c6y3e4dbB-InYZuHvirpwYBMdV5lK0VGP69yEx9JeIHA-PCmoqervVV19gWImuzJNkwTatUqGI0

Warframes

Spoiler

UMBRAS 

(are more umbras in the works?) 
https://clips.twitch.tv/BombasticObservantLyrebirdKevinTurtle-eDbwnBDnrRK5VMDG

basically more umbras will come (eventually..) , but other things at this time take precedence , none are in the works right now 

Sevagoth

Gloom is subsume 

xN3d9A-dF9z-XMwLtV5JzYEpqr7hj34_zFLuFDeWmK92HUZVYy1LCtwk9o34w_0Q1vvJ9uKBQSnhyCqBK_qOo_zNSgW34P7oGNcEb78MUykXxEvnxD-oj74Uepak58Vl_h12B5mn

Mod sevagoth shadows and customize the appearance to be different 

rkvse4m06A2rrIeCdEGNiL3gWroq4M385NYaj18imIEHqbpcY7NeYbFEtWVThe82tZ-sl3JODJOh_CF8I5mcWyW9M3FkhApV8wWeHPcCe0Bom2bu1aqoFmjusGrkuThLVggLDTJG
IDLE
https://clips.twitch.tv/TolerantTolerantDogePanicBasket-KQqIn_vHVn_K8PHj

Sidearm
https://clips.twitch.tv/OptimisticZealousBorkFUNgineer-zp3sYi4l6rY9bi8C

Game Changes

Spoiler

Good year....
https://clips.twitch.tv/PhilanthropicAliveGrouseDatSheffy-sXVsMftHt9sSnnvI

Primary /secondary VS melee
Devs are not happy with this current divide
https://clips.twitch.tv/GiftedGorgeousKittenDatSheffy-ls1gebLzbb9M2Tn_

https://clips.twitch.tv/SavageShortWalletGingerPower-moE0f9rxs9kzxtmZ

Basically the talks are 
-nerf melee attack speed 
-tweak 1st n 2nd weapon mods
-new mods
-tweak melee mods
TLDR (nerfing melee a bit , and buffing guns  )

(the plan)

6hcmXb6sPZ6OJQeEBAKeA_8R5xgzsDD5CHRIjsERuzYUPlmtjpmaDWUcx4enPlVz0CqP9AYWhymZdd9W0soXOsYW40vwRUxDmWFs24oBFYqUe1VPBzpu2A8txS8byeZ-2H1W8rnO
Railjack  (re-revisit)

n6POlqWT048pbFM8x5VleYRT17ROyfndzMCCh5rKuX0m8Plo6lsQRtXMpotPoEgPJyCKjhspK7uxlh_ciy1A18hSfAIGHfHQ9ZUN_eMWB6Ak-rGaJRBHHj7_Xceay5AQwi6Fpjcr

https://clips.twitch.tv/ExquisiteBreakableOcelotKAPOW-MxCx0a41AEyj6PmF

U8Mk9ZDIXzc3b72KNTlgqT7klS1H095qZJbgVtmt2Szx_OmfUKLYNTR33j52N3FLwHdd1NwEETdaLC0PKw-mslnmBsteLNc55VyC4AYftQd0hhF3rKbH467z6JVvw5vrScxWOtUd

Grind reduction and give back
https://clips.twitch.tv/AbstrusePerfectSlothPanicBasket--t6JflNHG2FZu0zY

W-HsUjY27NcBoft02lBpIRHzStiuveKJJO0hJwMahAb67-vIpoRWw0pL0S12W6gVkdfeDRIyM2OwqBTs9rkOf7ZR4hngdMTyQjyJGpxjFUXjog-5NwJFfENFj5wtKIkM_oMMhi4v

-new game modes 
-void storms
-spawn mech via intrinsic anywhere 

(to be shipped possibly in the update) the long awaited boss update

llwWg6QVTLeJnAW7wJP-Vz7izjfLuGGST8RCbCXExmN6kjUxb5wqlL0NuBq-Tq2XIHZM8mu6t7Rq6wWAitUNYYGp7WPSag8Of0EybhzoMaWM4YJL-QU2SMh03N71sCPBuQamhI3w

Ghoul saw

n1n2m_OPSA4_F7nYdv6nKhQnDqkKRAUhmPM1I3B5yAOR5irI3vU0xrJgmz2m2Pm7IWUNzj4RXgGo1ZrYige-AS3Jia8qqqMRHlpB7JGrR0pwkQ9NKUwZZPdVDKK24WSBV0FG6Jer

finisher

https://clips.twitch.tv/ColdbloodedPrettyNigiriDogFace-o29K-mBYzQC2MCsZ

animations
https://clips.twitch.tv/BeautifulFriendlyRadicchioOptimizePrime-f3LsqPkEG3C9SSiy

Cosmetic

MISC

Spoiler

(this was a normal length one,but it was fairly loaded with some heavy topics, please keep all convos civil in the thread)

Thanks for checking out the overview 

here are links to get notified via my twitter and discord when its up

ogikGNh5AP5BDu-SbUITmo7IxGsiGJY8ug6Z3M97_g1DNyeytNfxdDWRtchi7a6b8U2OzzJAyJNc4SLsxuifOm2vJ8WZn3r3GNhbaF5ntZP6f8TYur3PBam9PbPBZcyiOB4fDGDhtANoEh1X5hJIQ_8wlrJ3AIxVVCN1fhFXJd768qzaURvdE_4Chnx57eCe_N0xPrZ4Tc2QrZMLqi4ncCykRQEQT1DW_7iTKYD-TUFuJwNRMqMQ36BRT8pDcTx5Ctbw-pouSKMi8mQi

Best regards 

~Mako

Man. It honestly sounds punishing what they're planning on doing to Railjack.

"Oh. I hear you enjoyed having a well built Railjack. Having a good ship. With good equipment. Yes. Well, we're improving your Railjack experience, by having your build, your actual build, depend on the glue snorting randos who join your mission. Please, observe: Rando Calrissian, who joined onto someone else's ship specced for, and 'specting to have, the pilot role, regardless. Rando II (Gives First Blood), who's brought unranked battle Avionics that will interfere with your gunnery. And, last but not least, Marlon Rando, who's brought nothing to the table at all."

"Have fun."

I'm noticing that they're answers are becoming more PC in an attempt to sidestep the next forum outrage. Way too many non answers. I miss when Steve felt free enough to say what they were working on long term and what they hoped they could work on. Now its a bunch of "maybe we're doing something, but let's focus on next months update" or "No, but we're talking about it" or "we have plans but don't want to hype you because you'll replay my words over and over like it was a contract bound in blood, if things change in any way"

Nerfing melee I think its a good thing , in its current state it completely trivializes entire game. People talk how much they want some sort of end game or challenge but we can't have that until player power has been adjusted to not be over the top .

Yeah I was cautiously optimistic in the other panic thread but now that I've seen the details, there is just no hope.
The Harness is just supremely a bad idea. It completely depersonalizes YOUR Railjack, like why would your railjack fly faster because some other dude with the mods is sitting in the chair? How does your turrets shoot harder?? It just does not make sense.

The individual player powers were supposed to come from intrinsics but that is a really busted mechanic.

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I'm noticing that they're answers are becoming more PC in an attempt to sidestep the next forum outrage. Way too many non answers. I miss when Steve felt free enough to say what they were working on long term and what they hoped they could work on. Now its a bunch of "maybe we're doing something, but let's focus on next months update" or "No, but we're taking about it" or "we have plans but don't want to hype you because you'll replay my words over and over like it was a contact bound in blood, if things change in any way"

It's sad to see, but it has been happening slowly over a long time, and I think the Youtube partner program was greatly to blame for setting the wrong tone. 

Now they are afraid to dream out loud, to us, the players, for fear of being mobbed later for not meeting expectations. 

Just now, bad4youLT said:

Nerfing melee I think its a good thing , in its current state it completely trivializes entire game. People talk how much they want some sort of end game or challenge but we can't have that until player power has been adjusted to not be over the top .

problem is it also hurts the exalted melee , melee is powerful but problem is most people dont have to fight anything to high level and steel path seems empty on pc/xbox when i play . 

primary and secondary just need scaling factors and their own combo IMO , but ill wait and see what happens 

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

primary and secondary just need scaling factors and their own combo IMO , but ill wait and see what happens 

I disagree with this , this will lead only to more power creep . We as players should not be reaching lvl 150 enemys because game brakes beyond that and its not made to go that far .

Broadly in favour of a bit of a nerf to melee, to be quite honest. Bring ranged up just a tiny bit, but bring melee down a step, so long as it's still fun to use, and it'll be a healthy change.

Railjack Harness system still sounds absolutely godawful, mind. Honestly, just...look, I am trying really hard to give it the benefit of the doubt, but sweet Jesus they're not making it easy. The Harness system sounds like it was designed for a team to spend five minutes arguing over builds and roles before a mission. It absolutely guts a lot of really great utility. Wanna cloak your Railjack while lining up a main cannon shot? Too bad sucker, you had no room for it in your required build to have the Railjack be remotely battle functional, and no-one else brought it. Wanna go fast and have good guns? Suck it Tenno. Just suck it. Stop having fun. Go premade or go home. 

EDIT: It also absolutely does not solve the issue of cookie cutter builds either. Eight mod slots.
1 Health                 2 Armour                3 Speed                4 Shields

5 Heatsinks            6 Turret Damage   7 Battle Avionic    8 Tactical Avionic / Forward Artillery

It's the optimal choice for a pilot. This change achieves one thing: it cuts the utility out of a build, that's all. I wonder if the general custom will emerge: Railjack owner/host brings the core build I outlined above, and when you're joining someone else's crew, you're expected to bring utility?

Ignoring the what sounds like absolutley horrible railjack changes,

what in god's name is that center torso on the zephyr deluxe.

Her body looks like a mech or something but that orange torse looks like a damn vest out of a bad 80's sci-fi movie. Like a sleeveelss rain jacket. What the actual hell is this?

2 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Ignoring the what sounds like absolutley horrible railjack changes,

what in god's name is that center torso on the zephyr deluxe.

Her body looks like a mech or something but that orange torse looks like a damn vest out of a bad 80's sci-fi movie. Like a sleeveelss rain jacket. What the actual hell is this?

See the source image

24 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

"Oh. I hear you enjoyed having a well built Railjack. Having a good ship. With good equipment. Yes. Well, we're improving your Railjack experience, by having your build, your actual build, depend on the glue snorting randos who join your mission. Please, observe: Rando Calrissian, who joined onto someone else's ship specced for, and 'specting to have, the pilot role, regardless. Rando II (Gives First Blood), who's brought unranked battle Avionics that will interfere with your gunnery. And, last but not least, Marlon Rando, who's brought nothing to the table at all."

"Have fun."

It sounds like any school group project, ever.

One guy does all the work, one just watches, another one actively tries to sabotage everyone else and the last guy doesn't even show up.

33 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

"Have fun."

Well, this not only gave me a good laugh, but also sums up the whole ordeal as accurately as you can get. 

Archived