Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Revisit/Rework Idea

(PSN)xKNIGHTJK

REVENANT REVISIT

1. Introduction

Revenant is in a tough spot, ability and theme-wise. Half Sentient, half Vampire, many players agree that he is a bit of a mess. With this idea, I decided to streamline his theme, to a Warframe corrupted by Eidolon energy. And that required a few changes to his kit, like removal of Enthrall. This version of Revenant focuses more on adapting to enemies and stacking damage.

2. Ability Rework

thumb_show.php?i=hv9acvezy

PASSIVE)
After suffering from a Status Effect, gain immunity to that Status Effect for the next 20 seconds.

UPDATED: First time after your Health has been reduced to zero, turn into energy form that lasts 15 seconds, gaining damage reduction and reduced energy costs. 5 minute cooldown.

1) REAVE
Dash through enemies, marking them. On death, they leave Adaptive Pillars that can be collected.
Adaptive pillars grant a stacking damage buff on contact, depending on the enemy killed:
• Corrosive from armored enemies.
• Magnetic from shielded enemies.
• Gas from enemies with infested flesh.

2) MESMER SKIN
+ Collecting Adaptive Pillars restores Mesmer Skin charges.

3) EIDOLON BLIGHT
Release a pulse that drains X% of nearby enemy Health and shreds Y% of their defenses (Shields and
Armor). Increased for enemies marked by Reave.

4) DANSE MACABRE
+ While this ability is active, collecting Adaptive Pillars will also restore a part of Revenant's Energy.

3. Important notes

• Passive (New) - A safeguard that works for situations where Mesmer Skin doesn't, for example: suffering from a Slash or Toxin Status Proc, also complements the theme of adaptation that the Sentients are known for.
  • Reave (New) - Core of Revenant kit, you increase the power of the buff by constantly moving and collecting pillars, works well with 4.
  • Mesmer Skin - Now synergizes with new version of Reave.
  • Eidolon Blight (New) - AoE debuff that also heals Revenant, can even be used for killing enemies marked by Reave. It would become his new Helminth Ability.
  • Danse Macabre - The only ability that benefits from Reave damage buff, since it's the only one that deals damage to enemies.
  • Both Reave and Eidolon Blight can be used during Danse Macabre.

4. Summary

Personally, I think this version of Revenant would be much more coherent, powerful and fun to play. So my question is, what do you think of this idea?

I love your rework. Personally I have never considered the fact that revenant needed a rework, and I think it is a great warframe, but with your rework, it could be even better (I tell you as a main revenant).

27 minutes ago, (PSN)xKNIGHTJK said:

Passive (New) - A safeguard that works for situations where Mesmer Skin doesn't, for example: suffering from a Slash or Toxin Status Proc,

I would like to point out however, that this point is slightly useless, being that yes some things do damage through Mesmer Skin, but it is also true that as long as Mesmer Skin has at least 1 charge, Revenant can NOT go below 2hp.

28 minutes ago, (PSN)xKNIGHTJK said:

3) EIDOLON BLIGHT
Release a pulse that drains X% of nearby enemy Health and shreds Y% of their defenses (Shields and

I'd like to suggest a small side effect for this skill. When an enemy marked by Raeve is killed by Eidolon Blight, they will not die immediately, but will become a slave who will fight with Revenant for 15 seconds.

If someone in DE (maybe Pablo, idk) takes this into consideration, we could fix the themeing problem that Revenant currently has, as well as fixing some problems in his kit, despite him not having that many problems in terms of power compared to other Warframes.

22 hours ago, (PSN)xKNIGHTJK said:

PASSIVE)

After suffering from a Status Effect, gain immunity to that Status Effect for the next 20 seconds.

This passive doesn't work well with Mesmer Skin, but would be nice for when this ability is down. I would instead make it instead of a immunity a resistance for 30 seconds, similar to Adaptation but slightly nerfed to not be too overpowering.

1) REAVE
Dash through enemies, marking them. On death, they leave Adaptive Pillars that can be collected.
Adaptive pillars grant a stacking damage buff on contact, depending on the enemy killed:
• Corrosive from armored enemies.
• Magnetic from shielded enemies.
• Gas from enemies with infested flesh.

Why this ability sound so perfect? It's a damage buff but instead of instantly getting it you have to work for that buff. However, I would expand upon this and making the damage buff change depending on the health type of the enemy.

• Blast from enemies with Machinery health
  • Viral from enemies with Cloned Flesh health
  • Corrosive from enemies with Fossilized health
  • Heat from enemies with Infested Flesh health
  • Gas from enemies with Infested health
  • Electricity from enemies with Robotic health
  • Toxin from enemies with Flesh health
  • Slash from enemies with Tenno Flesh health (for Conclave, for the 2 people that plays it)

2) MESMER SKIN
+ Collecting Adaptive Pillars restores Mesmer Skin charges.

Makes sense and would help regaining the lost charges without having to recast it.

3) EIDOLON BLIGHT

This would probably make him more viable for Steel Path, specially if you can reach 100% defense reduction.

4) DANSE MACABRE
+ While this ability is active, collecting Adaptive Pillars will also restore a part of Revenant's Energy.

People are currently salty about this ability, saying that it's an AFK ability. I have one thing to say: LET THE SALT RUN. I see Danse Macabre as one of those abilities that it's an "oh S#&$" button to survive a S#&$ty situation, this would make this ability be a way to restore energy if there's a group of enemies affected by the new Reave.

On 2021-03-15 at 4:41 PM, ElecDeathblade said:

Why this ability sound so perfect? It's a damage buff but instead of instantly getting it you have to work for that buff. However, I would expand upon this and making the damage buff change depending on the health type of the enemy.

• Blast from enemies with Machinery health
  • Viral from enemies with Cloned Flesh health
  • Corrosive from enemies with Fossilized health
  • Heat from enemies with Infested Flesh health
  • Gas from enemies with Infested health
  • Electricity from enemies with Robotic health
  • Toxin from enemies with Flesh health
  • Slash from enemies with Tenno Flesh health (for Conclave, for the 2 people that plays it)

The way Adaptive Pillars would work was based on his 4, but I do agree that adapting to enemy health type as you suggested would be more powerful and interesting.

This is good, 10/10 actually imo

But

Heck you do with his ability to create thralls? You dont like the defense and easy infection of other units? Its almost a instant kill button in defense missions

Regardless, if rev thralls were removed a better themed infection frame can be created, 1 thats more werewolf or vamp designed

I honestly don't get it. It's like you just took what he can already do and just placed them in different abilities. In all honestly I don't understand why people complain about him so much. He's a frame where I wouldn't even Helminth a single ability cause they're all important and flow into one another. Are the pillars supposed to work like elemental damage buffs like how the Elemental Ability Augments do? Adding on a percentage damage buff based on the specific element? Reave already adds Mesmer Skin stacks. Eidolon Blight is almost like current Reave but AOE.

Revenant is borderline broken in a good way. A good Revenant will NEVER take a single tick of damage and keep his team alive, with full over shields. Especially now with shield gating. From using thralls as aggro shields, eating them for mesmer stacks, and cc what little can actually attempt to do anything in the chaos. His passive getting changed is really the only thing I would budge. Having a built in Arcane Eruption is neat, but it could be better. Even just making it trigger on his over shield drops would be an improvement. People want to force this mundane 'press 4 to win' playstyle with him and when it goes up in smoke, blame the frame. Thrall management could be better. You have to be watching your 'full' thrall counter but enemies that are primed could actually have some visual indicator. Currently the only way to know is to see if they show up as an ally on your radar.

7 hours ago, PR1D3 said:

I honestly don't get it. It's like you just took what he can already do and just placed them in different abilities. In all honestly I don't understand why people complain about him so much. He's a frame where I wouldn't even Helminth a single ability cause they're all important and flow into one another. Are the pillars supposed to work like elemental damage buffs like how the Elemental Ability Augments do? Adding on a percentage damage buff based on the specific element? Reave already adds Mesmer Skin stacks. Eidolon Blight is almost like current Reave but AOE.

Revenant is borderline broken in a good way. A good Revenant will NEVER take a single tick of damage and keep his team alive, with full over shields. Especially now with shield gating. From using thralls as aggro shields, eating them for mesmer stacks, and cc what little can actually attempt to do anything in the chaos. His passive getting changed is really the only thing I would budge. Having a built in Arcane Eruption is neat, but it could be better. Even just making it trigger on his over shield drops would be an improvement. People want to force this mundane 'press 4 to win' playstyle with him and when it goes up in smoke, blame the frame. Thrall management could be better. You have to be watching your 'full' thrall counter but enemies that are primed could actually have some visual indicator. Currently the only way to know is to see if they show up as an ally on your radar.

While his current abilities do have synergy with each other, they are not so fun to use, especially when you are not playing solo. But yes, I still tried to leave most abilities as they are, just improving upon them.

The issues I was trying to fix were mostly his theme and lack of team-play. I never said he is useless in his current state, just a bit messy.

Archived