Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack reactor vents invulnerable

B4HEK

On 2021-03-20 at 5:32 AM, B4HEK said:

Can`t complete mission because all vents in corpus ship are invulnerable after activating heating.

Just to be absolutely sure it's a bug - Only one vent becomes marked at a time, you can only destroy the vent marked with a yellow box icon, and then another one somewhere else gets marked on the map - the unmarked ones are invincible.

Is that what is happening? The marked vent can't be destroyed? Or no vents are marked at all?

I recorded this video to show the difference - the first two pipes are marked one after the other (they blow up), the third one I shoot at down below isn't marked and that's why it won't blow up.

2 hours ago, TheMostFrench said:

J The marked vent can't be destroyed? Or no vents are marked at all?

Just happened to me as well. In my case, after destroying the first vent, it never marked another vent. All other vents remained invulnerable and unmarked until the mission failed.

I have ran into this a few times. I think whats happening is that marker doesnt appear, even though the vent gets active to be hit, but without marker its almost impossible to find quickly - theres a lot of vents, in fact the reactor room is so big you wont even see a marker on other side of it. The only way to see thouse is to look at Minimap

But HUD markers tend to get messed up in Railjack missions quite a lot, especialy if you do side objectives first, you get bunch of stuff covering the markers. making it really hard to navigate, the pace of the mission with corups coming from all directions non-stop and engineers dont help the situation either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah I had this. My first experience of this mission trying to progress through Venus.
Tried it again, a couple of times but solo. Same thing, did 2-3 circuits of the reactor room. First time round, Helios highlighted all pipes, so that wasn't helping.

Watching stuff online, player responses seem to indicate it is the weakest part of the mission. Many take to running round spamming (e.g ignis, necromech) in the hope of triggering the right pipe, with zero actual interest in the mission.

Either the pipe is really badly highlighted, or it needs a waypoint. Maybe use one of the rooms many otherwise unused terminals to trigger it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The thing that helped me to clear this mission was to bring up the map overlay, not just the mini-map.  There is only one vent active at a time and it can spawn far outside of the reactor room.  Also handling the vents is more important than the engineers.

DE, it's still a poorly designed mission that needs the spawn radius for the vents reduced, or possibly have two vents active in the Venus mission.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived