Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr : a review.

LascarCapable

il y a une heure, Voka1 a dit :

How did you approach Lephantis?

I was expecting a hard time, but in fact i didnt had any trouble at all. The most painful boss fights i had were versus the zenoid prelate (because it is a huge bullet sponge with teleport and invincibility phases ... until i found the good glaive build for him) and the ropalolyst because it too is a bullet sponge (his last phase) and i ran out of energy so i had to be careful not to be hit. For lephantis, i simply used my vectis prime. With hovering tailwinds, the fight should be even easier than it was.

I'm using a semi-tank umbra build through, so i can take a hit or two. The reason is, Zephyr has a rather high base health, and the prime version has a semi decent base armor. So that helps surviving what turbulence can't counter. And Zephyr can use the ability power, even if it's not her most important attribute. I replaced airburst with Mirage's eclipse, so i DO like ability power.

On 2021-03-24 at 1:57 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

If hitting a wall, use your Aim button, it triggers a Wall Latch that completely removes momentum.

If free in space, hold 1, it triggers the Hover and completely removes momentum.

Yeah it is quite useful, but ONLY on flat walls that you can latch on. Most of the time i end up standing on some rubble, or ledge above the door, or rock, or any other of many props sticking out and keeping that blasted momentum while standing. And you can't latch while standing. Going into hover mode in those situations is the same as keeping the momentum, it takes time to activate and more time to deactivate. That bs is really messing up my flow. I'm trying to be fast, i have an ability that should help me be fast, but instead it gets me stuck in places that would never got me stuck if i just ran.

On 2021-03-24 at 1:57 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

If hitting a wall, use your Aim button, it triggers a Wall Latch that completely removes momentum.

If free in space, hold 1, it triggers the Hover and completely removes momentum.

Yeah it is quite useful, but ONLY on flat walls that you can latch on. Most of the time i end up standing on some rubble, or ledge above the door, or rock, or any other of many props sticking out and keeping that blasted momentum while standing. And you can't latch while standing. Going into hover mode in those situations is the same as keeping the momentum, it takes time to activate and more time to deactivate. That bs is really messing up my flow. I'm trying to be fast, i have an ability that should help me be fast, but instead it gets me stuck in places that would never got me stuck if i just ran.

49 minutes ago, OniGrimm said:

Going into hover mode in those situations is the same as keeping the momentum, it takes time to activate and more time to deactivate. That bs is really messing up my flow. I'm trying to be fast, i have an ability that should help me be fast, but instead it gets me stuck in places that would never got me stuck if i just ran.

You can invert tap/hold. This makes Hover & Stationary Tornadoes on Tap. Sadly Airburst that sucks is on hold.

ps. Tailwind is on hold... but I don't use it so it's not a problem for me.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

You can invert tap/hold. This makes Hover & Stationary Tornadoes on Tap. Sadly Airburst that sucks is on hold.

That's the problem, it's not holding that wastes time, it's all the animations. Sure i can hover instantly, but to exit hover i need either jump or roll. Not other it takes extra time, but it launches you allover the place.

54 minutes ago, OniGrimm said:

That's the problem, it's not holding that wastes time, it's all the animations. Sure i can hover instantly, but to exit hover i need either jump or roll. Not other it takes extra time, but it launches you allover the place.

You may few things to consider:

- Amalgam mod that reduce rolls

- any melee attacks, aerial attacks are fast

- you want to move somewhere

Rolls are little shorter/faster with Amalgam mods.

I'm using Zaws with Exodia Contagion. I go to Hover mode, press block (won't break Hover) and attack. It's pretty fast and have little CC + damage. Pretty nice combo if you like this Exodia.

With above and any movement (like rolls or slam attack) you move to other places.

It's all tips, for me rolls or other mentioned methods are ok (still... I wish to use melees in Hover mode!) but it might not ok for you. I wrote some topic about removing tailwing and/or replacing it with some other functionality (like teleporting to previous Hover location) but we have this.

Archived