Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Veil proxima abandoned derelict

(PSN)AndreaCapizzi86

Question

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I mean I got Spectra Vandal ages before and since I never got a part from it, I didn't have a vested interest in the Derelict.

Yeah i heard you could get it in operation hostile mergers before it came to railjack abandoned derelict consoles, but this was long before me playing warframe so i had to farm it via railjack. Only reason i knew it was dropping there was because I actively hunted down every single farmable mastery point to get to MR30 asap (which i achieved at login day 192)

Just now, (NSW)M0rgarath said:

A lot of people don't seem to know (or care), as plat prices for the spectra vandal parts are super high due to very low supply. Of course this changed on PC with the 29.10 update though with prices plummeting.. 

I mean I got Spectra Vandal ages before and since I never got a part from it, I didn't have a vested interest in the Derelict.

I honestly didn't even know it gave that lol.

A lot of people don't seem to know (or care), as plat prices for the spectra vandal parts are super high due to very low supply. Of course this changed on PC with the 29.10 update though with prices plummeting.. 

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

So this is just supposed to stick out to people, background objects that that are widely ignored?Image

Pretty much lol. Thing is, I found them on the first day Railjack was released because I was poking my nose into every corner hunting resources. I noticed what looked like an entrance, went in, realised there was nothing useful and didn't bother with them after that.

They were kinda hidden, basically just a structure on Veil maps with no waypoint unless you get close, you run through it but you didn't get anything special from it.

The only thing they were good for is if you wanted the spectra vandal gun, as it is the only place where you can get the parts and blueprint for that.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Why have I never heard a single thread or youtube video about these if they've been here since day 1 RJ? Finding out now, since I'm currently in Ruse with the anomaly, it had impeccable timing.

They were kinda hidden, basically just a structure on Veil maps with no waypoint unless you get close, you run through it but you didn't get anything special from it.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Um, definitely not obvious if you don't see the glowing "door" from a distance.

I meant the entire structure is clearly visible since it's fairly big, not necessarily the door. Sometimes multiple structures do spawn, some though can't be entered. Most i've seen was 2. But on ruse war field with anomaly there should always be one that can be entered. 

Unlike with the new update you won't get a waypoint to the enterable derelict though unless you get close to it (like 3km).. Cephalon Cy will tell you about it. It's obvious to see though even without a waypoint. 

Um, definitely not obvious if you don't see the glowing "door" from a distance.

Just now, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Why have I never heard a single thread or youtube video about these if they've been here since day 1 RJ? Finding out now, since I'm currently in Ruse with the anomaly, it had impeccable timing.

Unlike with the new update you won't get a waypoint to the enterable derelict though unless you get close to it (like 3km).. Cephalon Cy will tell you about it. It's obvious to see though even without a waypoint. 

There are abandoned derelicts in the Veil for console, they were there for PC before the update. They do not however drop the Carmine Penta parts yet.

Lol yes there are. Abandoned derelicts aren't something new. Just start ruse war field with sentient anomaly present and be surprised... 

Spectra vandal has been in the game for a long time and the abandoned derelict console is the method to acquire it, even before update 29.10... 

49 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

No it doesn't, there are no abandoned derelicts in console railjack.

Lol yes there are. Abandoned derelicts aren't something new. Just start ruse war field with sentient anomaly present and be surprised... 

Spectra vandal has been in the game for a long time and the abandoned derelict console is the method to acquire it, even before update 29.10... 

6 hours ago, (NSW)M0rgarath said:

Is that a new thing for PC players with the new update? Prior to 29.10, so for me still the case, doing the ruse war field mission with an active sentient anomaly was a way to guarantee the presence of an enterable orokin derelict. (No way to guarantee a console being inside though) That's the way i farmed spectra vandal.. every time an anomaly was on ruse war field i did the mission to 100% get a derelict. Load times into ruse war field on nintendo switch are atrocious so i didn't want to abort and restart a dozen times till a derelict is even present, having to do that for the console is annoying enough already.. 

Trolling here, right? troll GIF

3 minutes ago, cliffghost said:

I got the Spectra Vandal (bought the barrel as last part yesterday for 5p) within one week since the update. Didn't get more than (maybe) 10 Abandoned Derelicts in that time.

wow 5p. On consoles current set price is around 300p. Guess it will go down in price with the update due to more people playing railjack missions.. Looking at PC wf market history it went from around 100 before to 30 after. 

Maybe i shouldn't have wasted so many hours specifically farming it :D (but MR30 was near..)

vor 21 Minuten schrieb (NSW)M0rgarath:

That honestly sounds to me like the spectra vandal is even harder to get with the new update, since it doesn't drop in corpus missions and only in grineer missions, which don't have guaranteed derelict spawns and don't even have a way to guarantee that anymore like they did prior to the update. Looking at the drop table i'm also fairly certain that the individual components had a higher drop chance before the update. Now it's main bp 8.7% and components only 6.52%.. I'm very sure every part had the same drop chance before of around that 8.7%.. 

Funnily the patch notes don't even mention update 29.10 despite the obvious changes the veil proxima article had due to this update lol. 

I got the Spectra Vandal (bought the barrel as last part yesterday for 5p) within the few days since the update. Didn't get more than (maybe) 10 Abandoned Derelicts in that time.

Warframe-Forge-Spectra-Vandal-Building.p

6 minutes ago, cliffghost said:

Abandoned Derelict

Due to Veil Proxima containing both Corpus and Grineer nodes, different Abandoned Derelict variants are present. The Grineer nodes utilize the traditional Abandoned Derelict structure. Unlike Corpus nodes, the derelict does not have a guaranteed spawn and can also be inaccessable. The derelict interior closely resembles the Orokin Moon tileset with Infestation covering some of the tiles. Moreover, the derelict will not spawn if a Sentient Anomaly is present. Grineer nodes may reward blueprints/parts for the SpectraVandal.png Spectra Vandal and blueprint for the IgnisWraith.png Ignis Wraith.

That honestly sounds to me like the spectra vandal is even harder to get with the new update, since it doesn't drop in corpus missions and only in grineer missions, which don't have guaranteed derelict spawns and don't even have a way to guarantee that anymore like they did prior to the update. Looking at the drop table i'm also fairly certain that the individual components had a higher drop chance before the update. Now it's main bp 8.7% and components only 6.52%.. I'm very sure every part had the same drop chance before of around that 8.7%.. 

Funnily the patch notes don't even mention update 29.10 despite the obvious changes the veil proxima article had due to this update lol. 

vor 7 Minuten schrieb (NSW)M0rgarath:

Is that a new thing for PC players with the new update? Prior to 29.10, so for me still the case, doing the ruse war field mission with an active sentient anomaly was a way to guarantee the presence of an enterable orokin derelict. (No way to guarantee a console being inside though) That's the way i farmed spectra vandal.. every time an anomaly was on ruse war field i did the mission to 100% get a derelict. Load times into ruse war field on nintendo switch are atrocious so i didn't want to abort and restart a dozen times till a derelict is even present, having to do that for the console is annoying enough already.. 

Abandoned Derelict

Due to Veil Proxima containing both Corpus and Grineer nodes, different Abandoned Derelict variants are present. The Grineer nodes utilize the traditional Abandoned Derelict structure. Unlike Corpus nodes, the derelict does not have a guaranteed spawn and can also be inaccessable. The derelict interior closely resembles the Orokin Moon tileset with Infestation covering some of the tiles. Moreover, the derelict will not spawn if a Sentient Anomaly is present. Grineer nodes may reward blueprints/parts for the SpectraVandal.png Spectra Vandal and blueprint for the IgnisWraith.png Ignis Wraith.

Corpus nodes, however, use the Derelict Freightlinkers from Pluto Proxima. Corpus nodes may reward blueprints/parts for the PentaCarmine.png Carmine Penta.

(Source: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Veil_Proxima#Abandoned_Derelict)

Maybe you want also read: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Veil_Proxima#Patch_History

47 minutes ago, (PSN)AndreaCapizzi86 said:

Can someone explain how the abandoned derelict works? I've done many missions but i get inside only two times and never found the console. Thank you

As kyori already said better to wait for the update 30 to arrive for you since apparently it will be easier to farm then. 

The way it currently works on console: In veil missions you have a chance to have an enterable orokin derelict present. Best mission imo for that to happen is ruse war field. You will have to restart/abort the mission a couple times eventually though to get one in your mission. There is a way to guarantee the presence of such a derelict: do ruse war field with an active sentient anomaly on it. Whether or not the derelict has a console in it is random too, so abort if you don't get a waypoint upon entering it... no way to guarantee a console unfortunately..

4 minutes ago, cliffghost said:

In Grineer missions the derelic spawns only if no sentient anomaly is present, so you can't have both at the same time.

Afaik the Abandoned derelict spawns within missions in Veil Proxima at a low percentage probability.

In Grineer missions the Abandoned derelict spawns only if no sentient anomaly is present, so you can't have both at the same time. If a Abandoned derelict is present then you'll get a white marker for it. The Abandoned derelict is an ancient Orokin tower leftover in space and is filled with infested. If you board it, then you'll get a yellow marker for a console that you have to hack.

For Corpus missions I'm not sure if the abandoned freighters take the place of the Orokin tower Abandoned derelict within the Grineer missions. I can't remember how often I got them nor what was inside because I was focused on other things...

Archived