Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NEKROS: Shadows augment concept

(PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk

Initial cast cost (100) and summon cap (7) currently unaltered; ability would be converted to Channel. When a Shadow is killed, replacement Shadows are auto-spawned (up till cap) from stock; each shadow auto-spawned will consume energy.

(100/6), cast cost divided by replacements, rounded up to 17 energy per replacement Shadow before efficiency mods are factored?

Is that worth giving up significant damage reduction as well as Status immunity, though?
(As well as the easing of player confusion over whether they're looking at enemies or Shadows, heh.)

Plus FWIW, you can now Shadow up individual enemies via Bonedaddy's 1, if you wanna refill a slot without casting 4 again.

Personally, I still think Shadows shouldn't be individually taking damage, with some dying off earlier than others,
they should just all be immune to damage, as well as Squad healing (urgh that Oberon anti-synergy),
and only have the "natural" Health decay, which as a (big) bonus would also mean you can have a UI indicator for your Shadows' Health %.

Like, an immortal, invincible shadow zombie army, that so much better fits the theme of "fear" that Nekros is going for.

Lastly, to allow filling your ranks with better Shadows, add a hold function to gradually de-summon active ones, in reverse order of summoning priority.

6 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Id honestly enjoy to have the ability as something i can turn on and forget about

Its what i strive to do with it everytime i play him. An augment to do it would be lovely

Exactly. Still has energy cost, like Desecrate, for balancing. Kinda why I drew this up, and it gives options to your building.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk:

Initial cast cost (100) and summon cap (7) currently unaltered; ability would be converted to Channel. When a Shadow is killed, replacement Shadows are auto-spawned (up till cap) from stock; each shadow auto-spawned will consume energy.

(100/6), cast cost divided by replacements, rounded up to 17 energy per replacement Shadow before efficiency mods are factored?

I think that's great. Casting is no fun for me either.
i want to play necro from diablo2 with mods and not this 4th skill simulation.
at wukong it works! and over time the devs have turned strange skill into aura. in the past, nekro and trinity required to hammer keys until my fingers bleed ... apparently it is still the case with trinity?

therefore i think the idea is great! and i play necro without 4th. max tank and max range with resonator ... but there shouldn't be another way?

Archived