Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oxium drop rates are deplorable and busted. It's time to fix it DE.

Ssalem

16 oxium in 5 minutes of survival. Really???

I've gone to Disruption, Sabotage, Assassination, Defense, Oxium osprays are virtually extinct in all mission nodes - Jupiter, Venus or Neptune.

Either cut oxium quantities across the board from all recipes minimum by HALF - or introduce reliable ways to farm it.

I'm a veteran player with a 26 mastery rank. I'm entirely out of this garbage resource - after literal years of farming. I can only imagine the frustration new players must feel.

1 hour ago, Oggyswe said:

If you go longer they start spawning more and more. I net around 150-300 per 15-20 min survival or 3-4 round of disruption

So it "only" takes 1-2 hours of farming nothing but oxium exclusively to build (1) yes, ONE, single kitgun loader. Maybe you wanted to build Lavos while at it? Add 2 more hours of farming.

Wait, is this a game or a full time job?

I'm sorry but this is unacceptable.

30 minutes ago, Ssalem said:

So it "only" takes 1-2 hours of farming nothing but oxium exclusively to build (1) yes, ONE, single kitgun loader. Maybe you wanted to build Lavos while at it? Add 2 more hours of farming.

Wait, is this a game or a full time job?

I'm sorry but this is unacceptable.

If you play normally, you'll get those resources without even noticing. I don't even get the appeal of specifically grinding for very common resources to be fair.

If you only run missions when you need to craft something, of course you'll find "busted" situations like this one, but honestly...

57 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Enemy Specs used to differ across Tilesets and certain Mission Types, which not only increased variety across the game but also let people target Resources.
but, the game isn't like that today. heh.

wut? It used to be horrid to get oxium. I don't even know why OP is complaining, it's no longer that hard, and definitely not nearly as hard as it used to be where you had to do endless corpus missions for at least 20 minutes before the drones that were the only source would start to spawn is small numbers.

As someone who went on a solo ghost clan decorating rampage a few days ago, and needed to farm several tens of thousands of oxium, I feel your pain.
Though, I must say, you are shooting yourself in the foot if you try to farm oxium on survival missions.

Just do Io. Jupiter. Get a resource booster (drop chance booster not needed), a smeeta kavat, and Nekros. Desecrate/Despoil is your friend.

If you find yourself in the situation that I did - having to farm 100k+ oxium -, I suggest subsuming Mag's Pull on one of your Nekros configs, and slapping Greedy Pull into the build. You will also want Despoil and Equilibrium, and all the range you can get; disregard any other stat. You won't be relying on Pull to kill enemies - you can shoot while pulling! Duration and Efficiency are not really needed: as your Despoil saps your health, you will pick up health orbs, which Equilibrium grants energy from. And Pull uses your energy, pulls orbs to you, and as you pick up the energy orbs, Equilibrium will revitalize your health. 

The build needs a few energy pizzas in the first waves, but after that you just stand on the pillar near the cryopod, toggle Despoil, spam Pull, and shoot Nullie bubbles.

This setup nets me an average of 1.2k oxium in 15 waves on Io with a full squad. If you get lucky with the Smeeta buffs, you can go as high as 2.4k per 15 waves.
After 15 waves, oxium ospreys spawn less and the enemies take much longer to kill, so imo it's not worth the time.

I wish everyone that embarks on this path a strong will and everlasting sanity :'D

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

wut? It used to be horrid to get oxium. I don't even know why OP is complaining, it's no longer that hard, and definitely not nearly as hard as it used to be where you had to do endless corpus missions for at least 20 minutes before the drones that were the only source would start to spawn is small numbers.

certain Enemies like Oxium Ospreys do show up in all Specs a bit more often now, but i very much miss when the Enemy Specs differed and that you had regions of the Solar Map to play in when looking for certain types of Enemies. that was both good feeling for collecting Resources as well as made Missions feel less redundant as they were less samey. different Gameplay experiences in different regions.

On 2021-04-09 at 3:52 AM, (XBOX)Codekalamiti said:

61000 oxium. . Dont know what you talking about. . .

Just kill osprey before they self destruct 

somehow I doubt very much the OP is MR30 with 2800 hours in the game.

and 61,000? how do you sleep at night knowing you might run out tomorrow with so little.  382,000 here. 🤣

Archived