Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not what I envisioned - RJ/Core Merging

(PSN)Hikuro-93

When I asked for more core play mission equivalents in RJ, I certainly did not mean "get an RJ mission and a core game mission and glue them together just like that".

I meant having real RJ equivalents, like Skirmish is already the equivalent to Exterminate. Exterminate in space.

For Survival, I'd imagine an endless RJ mission in space where you'd survive an onslaught of ships and be offered the chance to leave every so often. Defense could be similar, but require you to guard an objective.

Spies could be more what DE did with the current RJ Corpus missions. We'd have to go to several ships to retrieve data. This would be fine. But always mixing up RJ and ground combat seamlessly, not one after the other. And I don't mean many instances of enemies. I'm talking about killing spacecrafts, then go to Spy Vault A. Then swat through another space swarm (could even be different types of threat) in order to reach Vault B. And so on. Instead of killing all space enemies in one sitting and going to a single spacecraft to get all 3 vaults.

We could get RJ invasion variants.

Stuff like Defection or Disruption, I must confess I'm short on ideas on how to RJ-ify them. At least in a fun way. So if anyone has thoughts please do tell.

Or Excavations, straight up impossible, imho. Unless we're talking about jamming an excavator over a cryotic tank in a capital ship and sucking it dry for ourselves.

Apply the same kind of logic where applicable. Let RJ be 80% space, a sweet 10% tried and true ground play, and 10% good and varied optional side objectives. Not making RJ being a mere prerequesite just to reach the normal missions we already have free access to in the star chart.

Most other things Call of the Tempestarii, bugs apart, since those are clearly not intended, great job with the update. Big fan of everything new UI-related. Now do the thing, please.

14 hours ago, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

Stuff like Defection or Disruption, I must confess I'm short on ideas on how to RJ-ify them. At least in a fun way. So if anyone has thoughts please do tell.

Or Excavations, straight up impossible, imho. Unless we're talking about jamming an excavator over a cryotic tank in a capital ship and sucking it dry for ourselves.

The amount of memory required for the maps (and RJ space map) is too much for those missions. This is one reason why for the Corpus RJ, all the players need to be on the same map before it starts.

5 hours ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

The amount of memory required for the maps (and RJ space map) is too much for those missions. This is one reason why for the Corpus RJ, all the players need to be on the same map before it starts.

Correct. That's why I suggested that either have everything be on space (survival/defense/skirmish examples), or alternating between space and tiles periodically in the same mission (the spy example). If we had a survival equivalent in RJ (say, endless skirmish but with a few modifiers), instead of regular survival just crammed into a Railjack tile (so, separated missions duct taped to make them seem one), RJ would benefit far more from it.

I was aware of what Scott said, and since that vision of several missions running at the same time is not possible, what I propose is to not have them and instead truly convert them for space playstyle, as much as possible, where applicable. At most what we could have is side objectives that featured stuff like a smaller exterminate, capture, or rescue. That would be possible since we already have the skirmish ship-killers/galleons and what not, and players have to face enemies in those instances while the Railjack is battling the skirmish enemies in space.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

Correct. That's why I suggested that either have everything be on space (survival/defense/skirmish examples), or alternating between space and tiles periodically in the same mission (the spy example). If we had a survival equivalent in RJ (say, endless skirmish but with a few modifiers), instead of regular survival just crammed into a Railjack tile (so, separated missions duct taped to make them seem one), RJ would benefit far more from it.

I was aware of what Scott said, and since that vision of several missions running at the same time is not possible, what I propose is to not have them and instead truly convert them for space playstyle, as much as possible, where applicable. At most what we could have is side objectives that featured stuff like a smaller exterminate, capture, or rescue. That would be possible since we already have the skirmish ship-killers/galleons and what not, and players have to face enemies in those instances while the Railjack is battling the skirmish enemies in space.

That will require a deep, deep overhaul of the mission logic modules.

For survival, you will have a Corpus (or Grineer galleon) tileset. Extraction should be done from the map, then back to the RJ (the mandatory all-party thing), just to stick it to you that you are in RJ survival. Instead of the mysteriously unseen Tenno operative, it's Cy doing his hacking bit.

For spy, parking your RJ next to the facility is kind of an alarm already (not very stealthy). Maybe force a timed spy mode (like in Nightmare mode) for RJ spy would make more sense.

As for the space only missions, I don't understand why DE won't look at their old Archwing missions and use them instead (with an RJ). Most of them are already designed for free space movement ....

Archived