Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prevent reactor melt-down for 10 minutes, shoot reactor from Railjack. Amazing.

EmperorsChampion

13 minutes ago, EmperorsChampion said:

Walk 1200 meters to extraction, Rank 4 tactical "Omni-Recall" not usable; Tactical Plexus Mod "Form Up" not usable, still activates 240seconds cool down. Amazing, redundant, pointless. 

Not sorry for being butthurt.

There are corpus boards where Cy tells you your recall is being jammed/blocked.

In all honesty, this mechanic is pointless apart from the extra loot you may acquire while running back to the exit. 

1 minute ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

this mechanic is pointless

The entire janky transition between space and ground missions is due to technical limitations. If they had to have both loaded at the same time, the AI calculations would make the game explode - if I understood their statements in the Devstream right.

18 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I've already explained in that thread why you need to go to the exit, to summarize is how DE did the "on foot" part of the mission due technical limitations.

Some corpus missions don't have this problem, all grineer missions dont have this problem. If a recall to the railjack would cause so many problems as you state, why even add 2 different options that allows you to do that in the first place? One consuming a mod slot in your RJ loadout and capacity, the other one is making an intrinsic useless; just as stupid as "Defend this for 10 minutes, destroy it later, just because".

3 minutes ago, EmperorsChampion said:

Some corpus missions don't have this problem, all grineer missions dont have this problem. If a recall to the railjack would cause so many problems as you state, why even add 2 different options that allows you to do that in the first place? One consuming a mod slot in your RJ loadout and capacity, the other one is making an intrinsic useless.

Read again, please, you are so mad that you are unable to understand a word.

It's not recall not working, Point of Interest and "On foot" portions of Corpus Railjack aren't the same codewise, this is why in PoI's your Railjack can still take damage and in "On Foot" Corpus missions the Railjack is invulnerable. It's because you pass seamless (so seamless that for some users, like you, are the same as PoI's) from Railjack to a Regular structured mission, because they have technical limitations on how the enemy AI works and can be handled without frying your CPU. PoIs have a very low enemy spawn and density, while "On Foot" corpus missions requieres more enemy spawn and denstiy(Exterminate, Volatile, Orphix, Defense).

Due how they have to load in the missions, you can't recall to the railajck because it's just not there. The trigger to make the railjack available again is entering to the Arilocks where the change on load occurs (this is why you can't go back to the airlocks when you enter and why you can't go back to the mission when you exit). What they could do is reducing the playable area of said "On Foot" portions so players can reach faster the exit, but I suspect that they are already loading stuff while you for it, but that's my speculation. The info I'm providing to you was discussed by devs on devstream.

24 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Read again, please, you are so mad that you are unable to understand a word.

It's not recall not working, Point of Interest and "On foot" portions of Corpus Railjack aren't the same codewise, this is why in PoI's your Railjack can still take damage and in "On Foot" Corpus missions the Railjack is invulnerable. It's because you pass seamless (so seamless that for some users, like you, are the same as PoI's) from Railjack to a Regular structured mission, because they have technical limitations on how the enemy AI works and can be handled without frying your CPU. PoIs have a very low enemy spawn and density, while "On Foot" corpus missions requieres more enemy spawn and denstiy(Exterminate, Volatile, Orphix, Defense).

Due how they have to load in the missions, you can't recall to the railajck because it's just not there. The trigger to make the railjack available again is entering to the Arilocks where the change on load occurs (this is why you can't go back to the airlocks when you enter and why you can't go back to the mission when you exit). What they could do is reducing the playable area of said "On Foot" portions so players can reach faster the exit, but I suspect that they are already loading stuff while you for it, but that's my speculation. The info I'm providing to you was discussed by devs on devstream.

Apparently I'm so mad that I made you miss my point:

Why add that mod and keep that intrinsic ability if in the new update you can't use it half of the times and not change it with something else as they did with most of the other intrinsics level or not add that mod (Form Up) at all.

I'm so mad that my eyes and brain stopped working properly, according to you, but DEVS added mechanics that apparently cant function due reasons you previously listed. And still doesn't explain why the 240s cooldown should be triggered anyways.

P.S. I'm not mad at all btw, just hoping for some genuine changes, make railjack great again.

Just now, EmperorsChampion said:

Apparently I'm so mad that I made you miss my point:

Why add that mod and keep that intrinsic ability if in the new update you can't use it half of the times and not change it with something else as they did with most of the other intrinsics level or not add that mod (Form Up) at all.

I'm so mad that my eyes and brain stopped working properly, according to you, but DEVS added mechanics that apparently cant function due reasons you previously listed.

P.S. I'm not mad at all btw, just hoping for some genuine changes, make railjack great again.

Because you can use it everytime when the railjack is loaded.

You just can't use it in the "On Foot" corpus missions right now. Maybe they'll backpedal in the enemy density stuff, but I highly doubt it. 

Railajck is great, isn't ruined because you need to walk 30 extra seconds to the airlock to have the railjack loaded again. I think it's a fair trade right now on having new missions and more variety.

1 minute ago, vanaukas said:

Because you can use it everytime when the railjack is loaded.

You just can't use it in the "On Foot" corpus missions right now. Maybe they'll backpedal in the enemy density stuff, but I highly doubt it. 

Railajck is great, isn't ruined because you need to walk 30 extra seconds to the airlock to have the railjack loaded again. I think it's a fair trade right now on having new missions and more variety.

And when one is supposed to use Recall if can't be used while "On Foot". All I'm saying that they changed/removed a lot of intrinsics abilities and mods but those were left unchanged. I don't see the use of them anymore and could be changed into something more flexible since in the new missions those can't be used.

In the meantime the "Prevent melt down for 10 minutes and destroy it later" has been totally untouched. That is the perfect example of "F*ck it, lets just roll with it", I'm tired of that. Why would I need to prevent something for X time then just do the exact opposite. Its super lame, not funny, bad mission.

2 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

In the Airlock, when the Railjack is loaded again.

So you're happy with the mod(with capacity cost and cooldown if fails to activate) and intrinsic because they allow you to litterally prevent press two times "X" to exit the airlock and board the railjack (which is theoretically infront of the airlock) and should not be changed/improved.

1 minute ago, EmperorsChampion said:

So you're happy with the mod(with capacity cost and cooldown if fails to activate) and intrinsic because they allow you to litterally prevent press two times "X" to exit the airlock and board the railjack (which is theoretically infront of the airlock) and should not be changed/improved.

IPersonally, I don't use that mod since it's redundant for me since I have the intrinsic for teleport, in fact I use the version of that mod that doesn't teleport people to the railjack but heals them if they need it. Also, that "theoretically" is just the situation when you, the player, put it in there, since you can park the railjack whenever you want, the Slingshot cover quite a lot of distance... Also that mod doesn't cost capacity, just take one slot of your config and you aren't forced by any means to bring it in your Plexus.

I don't know if it can be changed/improved since it relies in a technical issue that's prevalent on every single engine (AI management costs on CPU), it's not just a warframe case.

Answering your question: Yeah, I'm happy to go to the airlock to use the omnitool to teleport me if that means I have new missions (and interestting, I don't get why you hate Volatile, for me it's very fun and quick to do). It's a minor inconvenience and trade off for that, new missions and interactions.

3 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

"I Personally, I don't use that mod since it's redundant for me since I have the intrinsic for teleport, in fact I use the version of that mod that doesn't teleport people to the railjack but heals them if they need it."

Thats what I'm talking about! x)

I don't necessarily "hate" Volatile, but it's just bad logic and I can see it/would love it improved/changed.

Just now, EmperorsChampion said:

Thats what I'm talking about! x)

I don't know if you now, but not everyone can teleport instantly if they don't have the necesary intrinsic level and they need to use that mod (coordinately) to being able to do it without the intrinsic. Your complaint doesn't make any sense, it's like trashing Energy Siphon because you have Arcane energize, when Siphon is important for new players or players that doesn't have Zenurik School or Arcane Energize. having multiple tools to achieve simialr results doesn't invalidate the other that maybe is more efficient, but oriented to players that have invested time in game.

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

I don't know if you now, but not everyone can teleport instantly if they don't have the necesary intrinsic level and they need to use that mod (coordinately) to being able to do it without the intrinsic. Your complaint doesn't make any sense, it's like trashing Energy Siphon because you have Arcane energize, when Siphon is important for new players or players that doesn't have Zenurik School or Arcane Energize. having multiple tools to achieve simialr results doesn't invalidate the other that maybe is more efficient, but oriented to players that have invested time in game.

Mine isn't a complain, this section purpose is for feedback, I dont know if you know, but its meant for players to write down what they think should be changed of the game. And the comparison you made is pretty stupid, those ways to get energy are used on a daily basis by every single player in warframe and has a point, we were talking about 2 different things with the same purpose and very very limited use, so limited it doesnt have any sense using those anymore, many other mods/intrinsics where changed due new changes in the railjack update and these did not. Yourself said that the mod is redundant, stop being so stuck up. I ironically called my self "butthurt" but you make yourself sound far beyond that, look at this topic, everyone shared their thoughts about it, you just went "Your argument is invalid".

6 minutes ago, EmperorsChampion said:

Mine isn't a complain, this section purpose is for feedback, I dont know if you know, but its meant for players to write down what they think should be changed of the game. And the comparison you made is pretty stupid, those ways to get energy are used on a daily basis by every single player in warframe and has a point, we were talking about 2 different things with the same purpose and very very limited use, so limited it doesnt have any sense using those anymore, many other mods/intrinsics where changed due new changes in the railjack update and these did not. Yourself said that the mod is redundant, stop being so stuck up. I ironically called my self "butthurt" but you make yourself sound far beyond that, look at this topic, everyone shared their thoughts about it, you just went "Your argument is invalid".

It's redundant for me, because I've had already maxed out intrinsics since the first iteration of Railajck. In the same fashion that running energy syphon + Zenruik + Arcane energize is redundant for me, I've always opt for one or 2 choices at the same time instead the 3... So it's not a "stupid comparision", at all, I'm comparing 2 situations of redundancy of tools avaible to reach similar outcomes.

Your argument isn't invalid, it's flawed since you didn't knew about the technical limitations in your rant post, wich I've pointed out several times and it seems that you still don't get it.

Try to read again, slowly this time.

2 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

It's redundant for me, because I've had already maxed out intrinsics since the first iteration of Railajck. In the same fashion that running energy syphon + Zenruik + Arcane energize is redundant for me, I've always opt for one or 2 choices at the same time instead the 3... So it's not a "stupid comparision", at all, I'm comparing 2 situations of redundancy of tools avaible to reach similar outcomes.

Your argument isn't invalid, it's flawed since you didn't knew about the technical limitations in your rant post, wich I've pointed out several times and it seems that you still don't get it.

Try to read again, slowly this time.

Think you're the only one with maxed intrinsics? Think youre the only one that played RJ since launch? Chill your nipples pal. I littereally joined forum because "Railjack Bug Megathread" at the time.

4 minutes ago, EmperorsChampion said:

Think you're the only one with maxed intrinsics? Think youre the only one that played RJ since launch? Chill your nipples pal. I littereally joined forum because "Railjack Bug Megathread" at the time.

Never implied that, but not a lot of players have them maxed out, since Railjack was poorly players by low level/newcoemr players, wich is the focus now, apparently sicne Railjack will be core for gameplay reasons from now on, being integrated more and more into the regular gameplay.

While I understand your points, you are pretty much neglecting technical issues you weren't aware because you are frustrated for walking certain ammounf of metters to get to the airlock and having access to teleportation again. Then you complained about the redundancy of an optative mod, while the game is filled in "redundant" tools to aim multiple levels of progress of millions of players, wich was my point on comparing the energy regen stuff we have available with the 2 methods of current teleport. I can say for sure that we are going to get more tools to teleport in the future, wich will be available in the airlock portion of the "On Foot" missions until they find a solution for the AI count issue.

The solution is simple: just don't bother with unfinished game mechanics. Ignore it until it actually works right.

Also, if the issue is AI calculations bringing your system to a halt, one would think that running space AI on one thread and on-foot AI on another thread would fix it. I'd say that pretty much every single CPU that runs this game has at least 4 cores and video games are notoriously hard to multithread - so they're not going to be maxed out either.

Since entities in one area cannot affect entities in the other (except for some very limited things like warframes teleporting back and forth), there are no dependency issues to worry about. The only other thing would be keeping enough RAM to have both mission areas loaded at once.

On 2021-04-16 at 12:20 PM, vanaukas said:

I've already explained in that thread why you need to go to the exit, to summarize is how DE did the "on foot" part of the mission due technical limitations.

I don't see how anyone could not see that DE then choosing to implement these ground missions was a mistake.  But I guess they were dead set on putting full ground missions inside Railjack.  Which I also think was a mistake (because I do not enjoy doing any of the new Corpus missions, though I can tolerate the Exterminates).  I know I was looking forward to Railjack being expanded.  Which I don't feel it was, even if we could use our recall once the forced ground mission was done.  What I wanted was an expansion of the Skirmishes, a possible activity that Archwings were best suited for, and more interesting space battles.  Along with bug fixes. 

What we got were new missions that were sometimes 80% (and even more if you need Oberon or Ash) standard Warframe missions.  Which also negate Railjack Intrinsics/Mods.

I know some people like them.  Great.  I don't, and no one I routinely play with (who, admittedly liked 2.0 Railjack like me) does.

5 hours ago, Wheelhouser said:

I don't see how anyone could not see that DE then choosing to implement these ground missions was a mistake.  But I guess they were dead set on putting full ground missions inside Railjack.  Which I also think was a mistake (because I do not enjoy doing any of the new Corpus missions, though I can tolerate the Exterminates).  I know I was looking forward to Railjack being expanded.  Which I don't feel it was, even if we could use our recall once the forced ground mission was done.  What I wanted was an expansion of the Skirmishes, a possible activity that Archwings were best suited for, and more interesting space battles.  Along with bug fixes. 

What we got were new missions that were sometimes 80% (and even more if you need Oberon or Ash) standard Warframe missions.  Which also negate Railjack Intrinsics/Mods.

I know some people like them.  Great.  I don't, and no one I routinely play with (who, admittedly liked 2.0 Railjack like me) does.

I like them a lot. Funny how tsstes works, isn't it? 

Archived