Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Windows Permissions Weirdness with Updates/Hotfixes

TheSixOfDiamonds

So, for years now, I've not had much issue with Warframe updates. Then, Deimos Arcana hit.

Now, with each Update or Hotfix, I flip a coin (figuratively). If it's heads, I have to add/remove Admin permissions to both the launcher and updater in order to update. It it's tails, whatever setting it happens to be on is fine.

I don't know why it only sometimes requires a change, and I don't know why actively removing admin permissions is sometimes required. Warframe isn't installed on my OS drive, so I can only guess that sometimes you have to update something in AppData?

Can I get some consistency? I don't mind having to give it admin permissions if I have to. I'd just like to not need to go back through directories because sometimes it need admin permission added/removed.

7 hours ago, bubbabenali said:

I remember I had that issue once several years ago...

I think one of the updates rewoke my writing permissions to one of the subfolders. 

Try enforcing them within the windows explorer. 

Quick check showed all possible users had write permissions, but I might poke around some more. I could definitely see that kind of the happening on the OS (C:) drive, but nothing says it can't happen elsewhere. It'd just be weird... which isn't unheard of for Windows.

Archived