Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Demolysts Need Better Visual Indicators

Alpheus

As it is right now, the only reliable way of running Disruption missions is with the use of directional audio to locate the objective, in this case the demolysts. The two visual indicators are woefully insufficient at pointing out their locations ahead of time, with the red squad waypoint not even being visible until you're practically right on top of them. The tiny red arrow that pops up at the edge of the screen to show you the right direction easily gets lost in any textured backgrounds and goes away when the demolyst is in your FOV (if it doesn't then that just reinforces my point of its poor visibility). No other gamemode makes me feel as though headphones are absolutely necessary for long-term success.

• Interception missions have an alarm where headphones help, but the tower beacon pulses, and the nodes both on the minimap and below it flash to let people know the tower is being taken.
  • Excavation missions show you every battery on the map.
  • Survival missions mark all life support modules on the tile and all life support tower markers are always visible.
  • Kuva Survival marks the elite unit holding the canister as soon as you enter the cell.

The argument could be made that "Defense has you protect an objective and the enemies aren't marked in there." The massive difference is that you aren't protecting the objective from a horde that you can hold back indefinitely, CC, distract with other targets, etc. while being able to heal the tank/VIP. The whole point is to target one specific enemy that charges toward the objective, nullifies itself every few seconds, is immune to most forms of CC, has massive resistances, and will without fail destroy the objective once it gets in range. My problem isn't the "difficulty" in killing the demolysts, it's that if I can't find them to begin with then that's not hard, it's just irritating. Please put the squad waypoint on them as soon as they enter audio range, There's no reason something beeping as loudly as Little Duck makes it seem should be able to sneak up on us. If anything, the current way it works should be a negative modifier for a vault called "Concealed Demolysts" or something.

I COMPLETELY agree.

I hate this game mode simply because I can't hear the things like we're expected to. Being hard of hearing is a major disadvantage in this game mode. It would be really nice if we'd just have the enemy indicator pop up as soon as players are able to hear them.

Yeah it would be great that they just mark the Demolyst as soon as it's spawns. To compensate, DE can make them move faster. I don't like disruptions demanding headphones to be played properly. This is the major gripe I have with this mode.

Archived