Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When is the weapon for a riven assigned?

Zahnny

Question

This is just something I've wondered for a while but never bothered to ask. How exactly does it decide what weapon you get? How is the assigned weapon chosen when you get the riven?

Or is it chosen when you unlock it? I mean this in technical terms, not "how to"

e.g. if I got a riven, an update drops with new weapons. Is it possible for me to unveil my riven and get a weapon riven for a weapon added after the update?

7 answers to this question

1 minute ago, (PSN)Quantaminum said:

You can save veiled rivens to open when a new update drops. That's how I got two Corinth rivens on the day Corinth was released (I saved about 6 veiled Shotgun Rivens before the update).

When unveiled, the riven randomly picks a CURRENTLY RELEASED/AVAILABLE weapon in the weapon pool.

Thanks.

I don't know if I'll ever even use this method but it was one of those questions that kept itching the back of my mind.

10 hours ago, Zahnny said:

This is just something I've wondered for a while but never bothered to ask. How exactly does it decide what weapon you get? How is the assigned weapon chosen when you get the riven?

Or is it chosen when you unlock it? I mean this in technical terms, not "how to"

e.g. if I got a riven, an update drops with new weapons. Is it possible for me to unveil my riven and get a weapon riven for a weapon added after the update?

once riven challenge is completed it draws from the current poll of items that the riven is of what weapon type.
so if you know a weapon you like is coming up that DE has showed off at some point for a update save the riven of that type before trying to unlock.
if a weapon you like that coming up is a prime weapon then feel free to do rivens of that type at hopes of getting it as the only prime item is euophona prime which has no standard version an every other prime weapon has a normal version of itself.

30 minutes ago, (XBOX)ShadowBlood89 said:

once riven challenge is completed it draws from the current poll of items that the riven is of what weapon type.
so if you know a weapon you like is coming up that DE has showed off at some point for a update save the riven of that type before trying to unlock.
if a weapon you like that coming up is a prime weapon then feel free to do rivens of that type at hopes of getting it as the only prime item is euophona prime which has no standard version an every other prime weapon has a normal version of itself.

There might be more, but Reaper Prime is another one.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)ShadowBlood89 said:

oh ya forgot about that one, but xD given im still in recovery from 2nd covid shot my sleepy brain cant remember everythign

I feel you. Got my first two weeks ago. Was bedridden for half a week.

Archived