Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox is hilariously unplayable in steel path.

Velaethia

I just tried to play Equinox in some level 110ish steel path (mars) and had a horrible time. Equinox an incredibly strong warframe wasn't functioning. Enemies seemed resistant to down right immune to most of her abilities.

Main issue. Rest and Rage sleep effect was NOT working about 1/10th of the time which doesn't seem like a lot but considering I can get 2 shot missing even one guy equals a fatality. They'd have the visual aura like I hit them with the sleep but they'd keep acting and attacking. They'd still preform actions like hoping into a rampart and attacking. Some refused to fall to the ground and the ones that do would sometimes still fire there weapon (from the ground sleeping...). I'd often have to spam rest about 5-6 times to get them all asleep and by that time some more adds come pouring in and I have to reset the whole process.

Mend and Maim is hilariously non functional currently. I had 200k damage stored up and hit an army of things for like a tiny itty bitty fraction of their health. Didn't kill a single thing with a 200k maim attack. I had a similar issue with Nyx' absorb that would only deal a small percentage of the damage it said it would do. Never had this issue before. In all cases it would deal flat out the exact damage it said it would do not being stopped by things like armor. I think only thing that could prevent/avoid it were nullies. But I'm not sure what's going on but 200k maim is more like 2k maim. I could hit harder with an unranked unmodded wraithe in the time it took to build up to 200k. 

These issues are making Equinox completely unplayable in the very unforgiving steel path. 

I would really like to play Equinox. Please she is needing emergency fixing. ASAP. 100% unplayable with any build in steel path. Abilities are virtually non functionality. 

Also running into an unrelated issue that steel path enemies are hitting me while invisible as operator and breaking me out INSTANTLY invisibility, killing operator, AND killing Equinox all in one blow. 

Ran it effortlessly with Xaku. Zero deaths. My mind control actually worked consistently unlike Equinox' rest. I was also taking considerably less damage when I was damaged. Literally every single hit would down me. EVERY ONE. Even though night mode equinox should have way more armor than Xaku plus pacify reduced their damage by 2/3rd and yet I still kept dying in one blow. I think she has to be bugged. I'm not sure why but her armor value is more accurately zero. Rest and Pacify don't seem to be working to their full potential and Maim is doing virtually no damage. Please hotfix Equinox asap.

It may be the map. It seems INCREDIBLY bugged. Tried running it on several character. I keep falling into the "abyss" despite walking and running on solid ground. Playing on Sevagoth when I die my passive's shadow would simply despawn randomly (wasn't killed). My abilities random cancel out. Exalted shadow would randomly end for no reason. Enemies were occasionally immune to my abilities. Enemies would spawn ON TOP of me. Rather than flooding in from other rooms like they normally do. Not really sure what's up.

Was solo.

Ara Mars. Steel Path. Capture.

Il y a 1 heure, Velaethia a dit :

Mend and Maim is hilariously non functional currently. I had 200k damage stored up and hit an army of things for like a tiny itty bitty fraction of their health. Didn't kill a single thing with a 200k maim attack. I had a similar issue with Nyx' absorb that would only deal a small percentage of the damage it said it would do. Never had this issue before. In all cases it would deal flat out the exact damage it said it would do not being stopped by things like armor. I think only thing that could prevent/avoid it were nullies. But I'm not sure what's going on but 200k maim is more like 2k maim. I could hit harder with an unranked unmodded wraithe in the time it took to build up to 200k. 

These issues are making Equinox completely unplayable in the very unforgiving steel path. 

Armor.

Ran a different mission as Equinox. Having the same issues. Enemies continuing to attack even while "Asleep" being hit way harder than other frames with lower armor are being hit. Maim doing virtually no damage what so ever. Unleashing main is barely hitting harder than the slash procs. Rest is so inconsistent that I was surviving better with the flinch effect from main's aura. Pacify doesn't seem to be reducing enemy damage, Being knocked out of operator mode while invisible/invulnerable. 

12 hours ago, dwqrf said:

Armor.

are you suggesting they have a 99% damage reduction from armor? Cuz my melee hits exactly as hard as it says it does if not harder. And these abilities should do true damage or something akin to it. Never not seen them hit for the exact number stored. Though I do believe it does damage to shields before health so not quite true damage. But it can't be reduced by armor because it deals the damage it says it does. Least it has in everything else. I've gotten up to level 100 on equinox before in endless missions. But it has been awhile since I played equinox so did they just hella nerf maim? Cuz I know for a fact that level 100+ grineer did not take reduced damage from maim. Let alone 99% reduced damage. Don't take 99% reduced damage from any other type of attack or ability.

6 minutes ago, Pzykdruhgs said:

Level 100 non-sp =/= Level 100 SP.   SP enemies are much more heavily armored (250%). Not every frame is going to excel in SP, something you just kinda gotta get used to..

Still shouldn't be taking 99% reduced damage when none of my other abilities are reduced by that amount. My ignis wraithe is hitting harder.

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg said:

I run equinox in SP with no issues - but I don't even pretend to try to use Maim - night form only, in fact on my SP build  I helminth'd away his first ability so I can't even switch to day form.  

Yeah it's busted atm. Not sure why only absorb/reflect damage abilities are hitting like wet noodles but others hit fine. I realised to even have a chance I had to treat Equinox like a stealth frame which is radically different from how I played them in non SP which is like a nuke frame they are. Even then the bugs with sleep is a pain in the arse. 

10 hours ago, Velaethia said:

these abilities should do true damage or something akin to it

Maim simply deals Slash damage when you unleash the stored damage.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Equinox/Abilities

Though I do believe it does damage to shields before health so not quite true damage.

"True" Damage no longer bypasses Shields, inflict some Slash procs on shielded enemies and see for yourself.

But it can't be reduced by armor because it deals the damage it says it does. Least it has in everything else. I've gotten up to level 100 on equinox before in endless missions. But it has been awhile since I played equinox so did they just hella nerf maim? Cuz I know for a fact that level 100+ grineer did not take reduced damage from maim.

Well sorry but, all I can say then is that your memory is faulty I guess? :P

Maim having to deal with Armor reduction (as well as damage falloff) is not a new thing at all.

24 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Maim having to deal with Armor reduction (as well as damage falloff) is not a new thing at all.

Never once in my several years of playing not seen maim and similar abilities inflict the damage it says it does until very recently. 

2 hours ago, Velaethia said:

Never once in my several years of playing not seen maim and similar abilities inflict the damage it says it does until very recently. 

Almost all abilities are affected by armor, Maim especially. The stored damage does NOT bypass armor, never has. Slash PROCS bypass armor to cause true damage, but the stored damage from Maim isn't 'true' damage. It would appear you're simply mistaken.

Archived