Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin ships In Railjack

.Stormtopia.

I think it could be kinda of awsome to see abandoned orokin ships. Perhaps, a bit broken, maybe still operational in some capacity. Most of what we have are either defense stations-like starbase or tower stations. But orokin ship? Maybe a derelict? Doesn't have to be infested. Ha yes, the songs of a golden dying ship.

Dang all these time and this somehow gives me vibes behind "Treasure Planet" for some reason. That was surely the movie of my infancy but that aside.

branislav-perkovic-bp-orokin-spaceship-marct.jpg (1200×529) (artstation.com)

6 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

I am surprised DE has not added this yet. Maybe they are saving it for Void Proxima?

I know for a fact they have been focusing on Tenno carriers for a while behind the concept. Could this be the carrier that will lead us to Duviri Paradox? Looks like a long travel anyway.

jeff-ross-warframe-tnocarriership01.jpg (1280×830) (artstation.com)

jeff-ross-warframe-tnocarriership.jpg (1280×830) (artstation.com)

14 minutes ago, .Stormtopia. said:

I know for a fact they have been focusing on Tenno carriers for a while behind the concept. Could this be the carrier that will lead us to Duviri Paradox? Looks like a long travel anyway.

jeff-ross-warframe-tnocarriership01.jpg (1280×830) (artstation.com)

jeff-ross-warframe-tnocarriership.jpg (1280×830) (artstation.com)

Thats the orbiter, i.e. our ship.

1 minute ago, .Stormtopia. said:

I thought our ship was the liset? Though, the images show a 3D model.

43qa8j5166xz.png (1068×678) (redd.it)

Nope the liset is the craft that ferries us from orbiter to mission and back. You know the triangle thing you control in the loading screen.

Our orbiter is much bigger and what you linked just looks like a variation on the existing orbiter.

9 minutes ago, Carl_Bar said:

Nope the liset is the craft that ferries us from orbiter to mission and back. You know the triangle thing you control in the loading screen.

Our orbiter is much bigger and what you linked just looks like a variation on the existing orbiter.

That is.... odd. I mean the liset already has all accomodations. I can't really see the orbiter as useful unless we move unto another solar system. Or unless The Liset is some kind of emergency shuttle. Warframe seem to have pretty good connection from far distances.

EDIT:
Saw the Fandom saying the Orbiter is a mobile base.

10 minutes ago, Ryuujou. said:

the landing craft is only the frontmost part of the ship with navigation and the codex and market consoles, everything else is the orbiter. they dock together like this

UoruX4i.jpg

Dang. Now i get it. Very odd. So our ship is bigger than what is being presented at the moment.

EDIT
Assuming then that our orbiter might have mutiple floors alone. The engine room, etc. I could be wrong though, and what we already have is what the ship is.

kqrysghbkeq21.png (1024×684) (redd.it)

EDIT
I thought the orbiter would be like a normandy from mass effect. But looking at the dimensions i might be measuring wrong. Still. Ya. Orokin ships anyone?

wait until the void keys arc, beginning with the janus key and captain vor.  void tempests will be the wilder hurricane/cyclone versions of the storms, entire void towers with aggressive neural sentries warping on in at the size similar to famorians, releasing armadas of orokin style ships from those appearing as little lisets, orbiters, and likely crewships of that image in the post above.  background whispers give the possibility that duvirri paradox is the automated reaction of all the keys (given by the ORO to the pre-orokin long long ago) to the sentient invasion (sentients actually winning and gradually obliterating all non-sentients in the solar system ) resulting in in the formation of space-time fractures  to protect the orokin empire (which does not exist any more, but it just might still have colonies in pocket worlds similar to granum space that many escaped to during the tenno uprising) from total annihilation.

i look forwards seeing the infested forms of ships for their railjack segments, too

6 hours ago, .Stormtopia. said:
6 hours ago, .Stormtopia. said:

These are all the same ship, the Orbiter. From it's name, I assume they would have been used to travel from planet to planet(never saw this), while the Liset was supposed to drop you off. Unfortunately, the introduction of other types of Landing Craft has made this concept obsolete. Whatever we walk around in right now, it's a massive gray area.

4 hours ago, .Stormtopia. said:

It would be amazing to see them in some other place than potentially during a Void mission introduction screen. The problem with having them in-game is that they would've drawn literally all the attention right after the end of the Old War. The ones that didn't make it into the Void got blown up, scrapped and sold, or Infested. For a time, that last one was the standard, but the tileset got moved to Deimos, giving it non-open world gameplay.

Presumably, the event with the Infested-worshippers saw the destruction of most, if not all, remaining Infested Orokin Derelicts.

12 hours ago, .Stormtopia. said:

I think it could be kinda of awsome to see abandoned orokin ships. Perhaps, a bit broken, maybe still operational in some capacity. Most of what we have are either defense stations-like starbase or tower stations. But orokin ship? Maybe a derelict? Doesn't have to be infested. Ha yes, the songs of a golden dying ship.

Dang all these time and this somehow gives me vibes behind "Treasure Planet" for some reason. That was surely the movie of my infancy but that aside.

branislav-perkovic-bp-orokin-spaceship-marct.jpg (1200×529) (artstation.com)

My new Railjack HELL YEAH!. :)

Archived