Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Machete Wraith Model Mistake?

SJunior

ly7f.png

^Wraith pic

ebns.png

^Normal Machete

Now, As a fan of the look of the normal Machete, I was pretty happy to get this new Wraith. But when I equipped it, I knew something was off. As the Wraith looks more like a short sword/dagger. Whilst the normal Machete is pretty long.

So I took the two pictures to compare. Also, When you swing the wraith, The reach radius is a lil' bit longer then it's model. So.. Bug/Mistake with the model?

Edited by SJunior

Not only that but the Wraith's energy seems a bit bland compared to Gram, Machete (regular) and Plasma Sword, even with the same color.

I think that is intentional. With the whole Wraith theme, Maybe. -Shrug-

But The model seems pretty weird to me. Especially since I quite liked the size of the original.

honestly, Machete Wraith is the size of well, a Machete. 

the original Machete, isn't. it's the size of a Sword. Machete's are rarely that long. they generally are more along the lines of a short sword.

is this relevant to Warframe? not necessarily. 

but due to that, it's totally justified to me. 

besides, these smaller melee's are the only ones that don't look ridiculous on the smaller frames (i.e. Nova). 

honestly, Machete Wraith is the size of well, a Machete. 

the original Machete, isn't. it's the size of a Sword. Machete's are rarely that long. they generally are more along the lines of a short sword.

is this relevant to Warframe? not necessarily. 

but due to that, it's totally justified to me. 

besides, these smaller melee's are the only ones that don't look ridiculous on the smaller frames (i.e. Nova). 

Oh I know Machetes in Real life are smaller. It's just, The Normal Warframe Machete I liked. With how small this Wraith is, It completely changes the feel of the thing for me, And I'd rather be using the non wraith variant. And will do so, If this wasn't an accident of some kind.

Edited by SJunior

I'm kind of disappointed that the Machete wraith is too small compared to the normal one.

In my imagination the Machete is bigger, longer and can be compared with the Galatine in attack range. Well now look at what we have here, a toothpick size Machete wraith.

+1 vote to resize it

A few thoughts: Firstly, to be honest, the machete looks too long, but, we'll get to that.

Secondly, balance: Every weapon in the game has some semblance of balance. Higher dps means you'll have a lousy reload or a shorter range.

The strun wraith probably has a lower range than a strun, but we don't go around comparing, it's a bit hard.

If you look at the stats, the machete wraith does 1.6x times the damage of the regular machete. They swing at the same speed, have equal crit chances... they're quite identical in every way, except for the 1.6x damage multiplier.

So, in order to have some semblance of balance, rather than having the "tier 2"(but incredibly easy to get) reward be the ultimate melee weapon in the game, they have to change something.

So, why not make it proper(smaller) sized? There has to be a trade off somewhere for all that extra damage. That may as well be it.

Thirdly, there is no machete. Yes, you own one. Yes, you own a wraith machete too. However, when the PS4 version launches in 2 weeks, not a single solitary PS4 player will ever, EVER get a machete. It was deemed improperly made(for whatever reasons) and removed from the game. It's GONE. So, asking "hey, can this be more like that thing you purposely removed?" is really silly. If the machete was the right size/damage/speed, it'd still be around. It wasn't, so it's gone. It was so wrong, it had to go.

So why would they purposely make something new with the same mistakes?