Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Machete Wraith Model Mistake?

SJunior

So, why not make it proper(smaller) sized? There has to be a trade off somewhere for all that extra damage. That may as well be it.

As the owner of this thread sayd, the effective range of the Wraith version is the same of the Original, so it is not "graphically smaller" to compensate the damage.

Also,i don't understand your reasoning: if a weapon has a problem it should be fixed, regardless if it is available anymore.

As the owner of this thread sayd, the effective range of the Wraith version is the same of the Original, so it is not "graphically smaller" to compensate the damage.

Also,i don't understand your reasoning: if a weapon has a problem it should be fixed, regardless if it is available anymore.

DE's concept, as explained by them, is that they remove weapons that are wrong for some reason. They don't like them, they get rid of them, and they make something else. They make "something else" anyway, they just review things and go "this sucks" and get rid of it. The more popular victims end up as event rewards. I'd suppose it's because it's easier to make sure the new stuff is right than to keep endlessly overhauling old stuff.

Also, from my personal usage, the visual size matches the range just fine. Haven't noticed it hitting anything it shouldn't, and I'm the kind of player that gets 94 melee kills on a map. It makes sense that a multi-target, higher-damage version of another weapon would have a shorter range to compensate.

If there actually is a difference in the range and the graphic, than this belongs in the bug section. However, I noticed no such discrepancy, and this is in the feedback section--he's not saying it's a bug, he's saying he really wishes the cooler version of machete was also really long. If he intended to say it was a bug, then he should've posted it there.

A few thoughts: Firstly, to be honest, the machete looks too long, but, we'll get to that.

Secondly, balance: Every weapon in the game has some semblance of balance. Higher dps means you'll have a lousy reload or a shorter range.

The strun wraith probably has a lower range than a strun, but we don't go around comparing, it's a bit hard.

If you look at the stats, the machete wraith does 1.6x times the damage of the regular machete. They swing at the same speed, have equal crit chances... they're quite identical in every way, except for the 1.6x damage multiplier.

So, in order to have some semblance of balance, rather than having the "tier 2"(but incredibly easy to get) reward be the ultimate melee weapon in the game, they have to change something.

So, why not make it proper(smaller) sized? There has to be a trade off somewhere for all that extra damage. That may as well be it.

Thirdly, there is no machete. Yes, you own one. Yes, you own a wraith machete too. However, when the PS4 version launches in 2 weeks, not a single solitary PS4 player will ever, EVER get a machete. It was deemed improperly made(for whatever reasons) and removed from the game. It's GONE. So, asking "hey, can this be more like that thing you purposely removed?" is really silly. If the machete was the right size/damage/speed, it'd still be around. It wasn't, so it's gone. It was so wrong, it had to go.

So why would they purposely make something new with the same mistakes?

Machete's come in all shapes in sizes actually.  The one I have has a blade that is a little longer than a Yard.  Also it's suppose to be an upgrade to the machete.  It shouldn't sacrifice anything.  It should just be by all rights, better.  There's nothing wrong with sizing back up to it's original size.

DE's concept, as explained by them, is that they remove weapons that are wrong for some reason. They don't like them, they get rid of them, and they make something else. They make "something else" anyway, they just review things and go "this sucks" and get rid of it. The more popular victims end up as event rewards. I'd suppose it's because it's easier to make sure the new stuff is right than to keep endlessly overhauling old stuff.

Also, from my personal usage, the visual size matches the range just fine. Haven't noticed it hitting anything it shouldn't, and I'm the kind of player that gets 94 melee kills on a map. It makes sense that a multi-target, higher-damage version of another weapon would have a shorter range to compensate.

DE actually stated they'd remove them, and fix them later.  They will always make something new.  The Snipetron for instance wasn't right by their standards, so they kept the model and turned it into a fitting rail gun, thus releasing a new Rifle (the Lanka) instead.

I'd say this:

Dear DE, please give Machete Wraith size of original Machete.And its texture as selectable.Pretty please.

I prefer the current size myself, but definitely would say NO to having the texture selectable.  For Wraith and Vandal weapons, only the energy color is changeable and that is the way it should stay IMO. 

Edited by Zurkr

The size was one reason I was pumped about getting the Machete Wrath, I loved the normal machete's look and size, I used it on my frames cause it looked awesome, but as soon as I equipped my new wrath variant, I was like something is off, and then I was like, Really? this thing is tinier then most long swords and it used to be one of the biggest longswords.... WHY, WHY DE?!?! Why would you do this to such an awesome weapon...

Edited by theangelbelow88

The sword only hits 1 person, why the reduction of length is a big mistake because it makes that sword obsolete and have a huge disadvantage. Please fixed the length. I much rather use the Orthos or my Amphis over this weapon. Another pointless sword.

The sword only hits 1 person, why the reduction of length is a big mistake because it makes that sword obsolete and have a huge disadvantage. Please fixed the length. I much rather use the Orthos or my Amphis over this weapon. Another pointless sword.

It can hit 2 at once actually.

• 2 weeks later...

November 12. Why is it still so small?

I guess they've just decided to leave it be..? -Sadface- I mean, At least make the sword not float in the Frame's hands because of it's small model (How Frames hold the Machete is as if it's a normal sized Machete, So. Their grip is actually holding the air, And the Wraith's handle is floating in the middle of the two hands.). That would make it a bit better to use if they intend to keep it as such.