Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Link Mods Should Be On All Companions!

IgnisDraconis4316

I really feel this is VERY BAD game design. We had a little bit of an update for Companions 2.0 and Robo and Beast pets get to have Link Armor, Link Health and Link Shields. But ONLY Sentinels don't get to have the mods. WHY!!!???

This would definitely help with the survivability until DE can get around to ACTUALLY doing Companions 2.0 like they have been promising for YEARS!!!

No Link Mods needs to be removed. Their existence is why DE let companions in the sorry state we have now. On one end, you can get ridiculous amount of health, shields, and armor depending on Warframe. On the other end, you don’t get any benefits from the mods at all.

Remove Link-Mods, buff existing survivability mods. Also, remove companion permanent death and bleedout. Constantly reviving them every 5 seconds is annoying.

2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

No Link Mods needs to be removed. Their existence is why DE let companions in the sorry state we have now. On one end, you can get ridiculous amount of health, shields, and armor depending on Warframe. On the other end, you don’t get any benefits from the mods at all.

Remove Link-Mods, buff existing survivability mods. Also, remove companion permanent death and bleedout. Constantly reviving them every 5 seconds is annoying.

I agree. But right now Sentinels aren't even worth using and they just gave us another sentinel. 

Personally I'm getting tired of Sheldon saying...... oh we have nothing. Yet others on the DE team can push out Corpus Liches and new missions and other new stuff. 

4 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

hey. at least you gave them a minute to react.

To be honest I have made other posts and they only get DE's attention when other get them locked for toxicity. I'm just getting tired of trying to provide feedback and being told to put it in the cesspool of a forum where it is rarely if ever heard.

Personally I feel they need to have a main thread of hot topics the community wants. As more of a list that, We've heard you and here is our list of hot things we know you want.

I'm torn on this. As long as it doesn't stop DE from giving them a more complete overhaul, but as an interim thing to help out a bit I wouldn't be totally against it. 

I think eventually they need to be reworked or removed entirely, along with a total fix of the system, but in the meantime... I'm not against it. 

That being said, the reason why I am saying they are so flawed, is because they are dependent on your frame having at least one outlier defensive stat for them to be truly useful. When the link mods were first designed, that kind of outlier stat like Hildy's shield or Inaros health and stuff wasn't even in the game. So I have a feeling link mods giving pets that level of defense is more "not working as intended" than anything, and they've left it as is because they haven't had time to fix pets and companions in general properly. 

Archived