Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brakk 'hand Cannon'

Gigaus

This is more a wtf thread than anything else; Here's the definition of a hand cannon [or close enough there of].

In modern usage, the term "hand cannon" may also be used colloquially to refer to a pistol or revolver chambered for a powerful cartridge such as the .454 Casull or .500 S&W Magnum.

For simple terms, it's a beefed up revolver or heavy pistol......Not a shotgun pistol. The closest thing we have to such are sawed-off shotguns.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of having another shotgun pistol; heck I can even justify it in saying it's just a pistol or revolver chambered to fire shotgun shells......It's just, when I get told I'm getting a handgun, I expect it to act and fire like a handgun, not a sawed off shotgun. Which makes me wonder...how the heck would the Corpus 'hand cannon' have worked? ow0

It's a shotgun. A multi-shot revolver that does 5 damage per bullet unranked to Grineer at Mercury doesn't deserve to be called a hand cannon.

I was disappointed with the weapon. It's not bad, but it's not what I was hoping for. Was sort of expecting a slightly beefier Seer without the sniper zoom.

It's a shotgun. A multi-shot revolver that does 5 damage per bullet unranked to Grineer at Mercury doesn't deserve to be called a hand cannon.

I was disappointed with the weapon. It's not bad, but it's not what I was hoping for. Was sort of expecting a slightly beefier Seer without the sniper zoom.

10 per bullet, with 15 bullets....That's technically worse than the other shotguns; it means more overall damage, but less damage per bullet....Which technically means it'll scale worse in terms of damage mods, could be [very] wrong. Though, the upside is that it has twice as many bullets compared to the Broncos, so there's that.

My bet is that the Corpus hand cannon would have been the exact same as the Brakk as they both have revolving cylinders and are both "hand cannons"

Honestly, I'm thinking the same. To be Frank, given some of the language used in handling the weapons through the event, I got the impression that both guns were the same, save for skin, and no one outside the dev team would be the wiser; the other 'hand cannon' is locked in a safe somewhere until they decide to throw it out there.

Yes, thank you...one, it doesn't expressly say it's a shotgun revolver, and two I already brought that point up. Thank you.

I was actually bringing it to Vor thinking "let's see whose 'handcannon' is stronger now!" and as I was aiming a pumpkin for a precise headshot, bullets flew everywhere.

I share your "wtf-ness"

Exactly XD; Again, when I think hand cannon, I think magnum heavy, with high precision and recoil, and low rate fire-- I don't expect a vegetable that fires all it's seeds out at once all over the place.

Actually the Brakk is a multishot revolver.

it has chambers just like a revolver.

The weapon has been classified correctly.

It's a revolver that for some reason acts like a shotgun.

Uhh.....Sure, yeah, it has revolving chambers, but 90% of the time the term revolver is used for precision pistols with simple mechanisms...like the Vasto. The Vasto is a classic revolver; The Brakk is a revolving chamber shotgun....kinda like the one out of Bioshock 2.

Again, it's a good gun, I just feel it was improperly labeled. If they said 'shotgun pistol', or 'shot cannon', then I'd expect it to be this way...As it stands, I got a surprise when trying to snipe Grineer across a map.

I must say that Hand Cannon is missing the cannon what what?

In all honesty I was really hoping for a "Super Lex" something that did more damage less clip and massive recoil, that's what came to mind when I read "Hand Cannon." The gun is not bad but I feel like I have been bait and switched here :/

10 per bullet, with 15 bullets....That's technically worse than the other shotguns; it means more overall damage, but less damage per bullet....Which technically means it'll scale worse in terms of damage mods, could be [very] wrong. Though, the upside is that it has twice as many bullets compared to the Broncos, so there's that.

Ahem... You were saying?

Just tested it out on terminus. Feels nice and as I hear the name, BRAKK, I initially thought of a shotgun like sidearm.

Dunno why everyone wanted to have the detron so badly because it looked cooler...  this gun looks nice and has nice animations too. No remorse.

Yup, the Brakk is a beast.  I took a level 5 Brakk with an AP and multishot 100% mod to T2 void.  It absolutely wrecked the face off of everything.  Got it a bit higher and slapped on my crappy 100% serration mod and it fires blobs of 600 damage before armor (and AP damage) out of the front.

Edited by ZefiruShrike

Yeah cry now people you helped the grineer win so now suffer the consequences and stop whining this is what u wanted and its what you got...

btw i was for corpus till the end.... you cared about the story and not cared about the rewards so now even corpus players are suffering so thx aggain and remember kids no whining now.... but not only is the pistol S#&$ but the machete is even more S#&$... gj everyone and enjoy your stinkin rewards now! You see me rooooling and i hate you x)

Yeah cry now people you helped the grineer win so now suffer the consequences and stop whining this is what u wanted and its what you got...

btw i was for corpus till the end.... you cared about the story and not cared about the rewards so now even corpus players are suffering so thx aggain and remember kids no whining now.... but not only is the pistol S#&$ but the machete is even more S#&$... gj everyone and enjoy your stinkin rewards now! You see me rooooling and i hate you x)

Brakk is a good weapon, only people I've seen complain are die hard corpus, people who took event way to seriously, and the people who always cry power creep. People need to calm down about this, seriously.