Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Gara Prime Broken/Glitching?

Melodic_VibeZ

Question

Can somebody please help me understand why Gara's #2 doesn't always activate the damage counter in the bottom right?

As you can see, it's been activated, and the counter is at 45 seconds, but the damage counter is missing.  This is incredibly annoying because it still consumes energy to use.  More than 50% of the time I press #2, I have to press it 2-4 times in order to see the damage counter, which is a bit of a piss-off because it uses up all my energy...

Is there some sort of a cooldown I'm missing from somewhere?

Also, on a number of occasions, I got my damage to reach 200k+, but the damage would randomly disappear even though #2 is still active and counting down.  If it was a nullifier, it would deactivate the #2, but there wasn't... and it was also Hydron that I was in when it kept removing all my damage...

Help?

F001379E53BB048320BC4DD53CCBE5B0058C8854

12 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, MaddawgTL said:

Yup, you cast it on an ally. Pita if you ask me, recast it and should be good.

45 minutes ago, McCIoud said:

You cast it on an ally

So wait... I have to aim towards an ally before I press 2? So what do I do if I'm in a solo mission? lol

And what about when the damage I've stacked suddenly disappears even though the counter is still running?

They are saying you cast it on something not you. You can also cast it on enemies and defense targets(unless they removed enemy part). 

Test to see if this is a bug by staring at the ground and casting it. Try several times to see if you can replicate what you have been experiencing while being sure it is not cast on someone else. 

as for the counter. Don’t rely on the one by skills. There is a counter in the buff section at top of screen by health bar. That is the instance of splinter that is cast on you, the power counter may not be that instance. 

No, there is 3 cast scenario for Splinter storm

no target : shield on yourself, DR + base DMG aura + additionnal DMG build up

friendly target : shield on them, DR+ base DMG aura, no DMG build-up for that shield instance(to my knowledge, can be wrong)

hostile target : DMG aura + DMG vulnerability up,  no DMG build up for that shield instance

Each instance have it's own timer display in the skill bar and only your personnal instance use the build-up counter

what happen here is that you casted the skill on an ally thus you got the timer for that instance of splinter storm but no DMG counter since you didn't have one on you.

has for the counter vanishing, you simply run out of time on your personnal instance of splinter storm causing it and the counter to dissapear, but since another one was still active on an ally the skill bar still show a timer for that other shield instance

you can always see your own shield timer in the buff area on the left of your health bar

6 minutes ago, Ombretrone said:

friendly target : shield on them, DR+ base DMG aura, no DMG build-up for that shield instance(to my knowledge, can be wrong)

It can be built up, but it requires co-ordination to have them be inside your 4 to refresh it and outside your 4 when you detonate it. I've used it on my sentinel before (targeting the sentinel is very difficult, but possible) to get double the damage per cast (since the sentinel's damage aura is getting boosted along with your own, and is always next to you).

11 minutes ago, Ombretrone said:

No, there is 3 cast scenario for Splinter storm

no target : shield on yourself, DR + base DMG aura + additionnal DMG build up

friendly target : shield on them, DR+ base DMG aura, no DMG build-up (for that shield instance)

hostile targer : DMG aura + DMG vulnerability up,  no DMG build up (for that shield instance)

Each instance have it's own timer display in the skill bar and only your personnal instance use the build-up instance

what happen here is that you casted the skill on an ally thus you got the timer for that instance of splinter storm but no DMG counter since you didn't have one on you.

Thank you for explaining that!

Now, where the heck is this information??? Why do I feel like you need to buy a whole instruction manual just to play this game?  Not even Wiki tells us this information, nor does it anywhere in the game.

I feel like this game is just becoming a nuisance where if you don't spend hours researching every aspect of this game, you're at a disadvantage.  This whole casting business should be clearly indicated somewhere.  If the first 2 responses to this thread are only partially correct, then that means there is a serious disconnect. 

4 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

It can be built up, but it requires co-ordination to have them be inside your 4 to refresh it and outside your 4 when you detonate it. I've used it on my sentinel before (targeting the sentinel is very difficult, but possible) to get double the damage per cast (since the sentinel's damage aura is getting boosted along with your own, and is always next to you).

What damage aura?

il y a 11 minutes, -AoN-CanoLathra- a dit :

good to know thanks ^^

il y a 10 minutes, Melodic_VibeZ a dit :

Now, where the heck is this information

in the hint section of the power tab in your arsenal

il y a 10 minutes, Melodic_VibeZ a dit :

I feel like this game is just becoming a nuisance where if you don't spend hours researching every aspect of this game, you're at a disadvantage.

Personnally i enjoy experimenting in the game to find how things really work, but if it's not your case all you need to know can be found with a 5min read of the frame wiki page, not the most ergonomic system but still pretty easy.

i personnally see it like that: in most game you get detailled tooltip for the skill but the game will not tell you the optimal skill rotation, or give you a guide on how to handle a specific boss, in warframe we don't have complex skill rotation or punishing/complex boss fight so all the complexity get move to the basic mecanisms.

I personnally love it but i fully understand that other don't ^^"

8 minutes ago, Ombretrone said:

good to know thanks ^^

in the hint section of the power tab in your arsenal

Personnally i enjoy experimenting in the game to find how things really work, but if it's not your case all you need to know can be found with a 5min read of the frame wiki page, not the most ergonomic system but still pretty easy.

i personnally see it like that: in most game you get detailled tooltip for the skill but the game will not tell you the optimal skill rotation, or give you a guide on how to handle a specific boss, in warframe we don't have complex skill rotation or punishing/complex boss fight so all the complexity get move to the basic mecanisms.

I personnally love it but i fully understand that other don't ^^"

OMG I totally just realized you can tab over to more tips!!! LMAO!! Wow, talk about being oblivious... XD
Ok, but I'm still having an issue with the fact that these tips don't tell you anything about the damage stacking.  They should really clarify when damage stacking is only applicable.  Honestly, why would anybody want to use #2 and not get any damage stacks?  I personally feel this should be automatic no matter who you cast it on...

Experimenting with the game is one thing, and yes, I agree that's part of the fun.

Splinter Storm's description says, "Gara's armor splinters into a mealstrom of shattered glass.  Allies who contact the cloud are fortified against damage."
This means that it's the ally's responsibility to come in contact with the "cloud", not the other way around.  This information is certainly not organized well, and is not conducive to understanding the way this works...

il y a 4 minutes, Melodic_VibeZ a dit :

Honestly, why would anybody want to use #2 and not get any damage stacks?

As -AoN-CanoLathra- clarified i was wrong about the no stacking part, the one and only rule is if a splinter storm is active in range of mass vitrify cast/detonation, then that splinter storm get buffed (timer reset/DMG increase)

examples :

scenario 1 : you and your ally have both a splinter storm on and you are both in vitrify explosion range, you both get a stronger DMG stack up

scenario 2 : you and your ally have both a splinter storm but only your ally is in vitrify explosion range, only them get the buff

scenario 3 : only your ally have a splinter storm if you detonate vitrify only them can get the buff since you don't have the shield one

4 minutes ago, Ombretrone said:

As -AoN-CanoLathra- clarified i was wrong about the no stacking part, the one and only rule is if a splinter storm is active in range of mass vitrify cast/detonation, then that splinter storm get buffed (timer reset/DMG increase)

examples :

scenario 1 : you and your ally have both a splinter storm on and you are both in vitrify explosion range, you both get a stronger DMG stack up

scenario 2 : you and your ally have both a splinter storm but only your ally is in vitrify explosion range, only them get the buff

scenario 3 : only your ally have a splinter storm if you detonate vitrify only them can get the buff since you don't have the shield one

No, I totally get that.  My issue is with the game not specifying that you can NOT get a damage stack in certain scenarios (i.e. casting splinter storm on others but not yourself).  The ability in general assumes that once you cast #2 (whether on yourself, defense objective, ally, etc), you automatically should get the damage stack.  If this is not the case, there needs to be some sort of a description advising of this.  There are so many things in this game where it's incredibly vague and frustrating, especially for newer players who want to get into the game and be able to enjoy all the benefits of the abilities.

If this information was so well-known, it would be on Wiki, but this is completely foreign to most of the players...

All I want is a clear indication of when the damage stack occurs.  Otherwise, for newer players, #2 is a waste of energy even though it's the primary ability Gara is built upon.

Archived