Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unpopular Gamemodes

Joezone619

Intro

Something DE seems to be doing lately is trying to get players to play unpopular gamemodes like the granum void, orphix missions, void storms, etc. They seem to believe the problem is that they aren't rewarding enough, and to some degree this is true. However personally, the majority of why I myself don't play these is because they aren't fun.

To make a gamemode more popular, its not enough to just give it more rewards, you need to rework the gamemode, fix it, make changes to it. The reason why people aren't playing them is because as they are currently, they fail to interest players.

You can make granum void reward umbra forma and legendary cores at every rotation 100% of the time, so long as its no more then a glorified extermination mission, I'm not interested in playing it. As long as the enemies as so durable it takes heavy spam frames like ember, saryn, revenant, and so on to make any progress, I'm not interested.

Surveys

One thing I defiantly recommend that DE does, is create surveys for players. Its become very clear with recent updates, especially with corpus proxima, that DE no longer knows what their players want. One way is to just make forum posts with built in surveys, or links to surveys, though personally i think this would be the least effective method.

Instead I think they should add something to the orbiter, that has surveys on it. This way DE can control and collect a lot more specific data. How are MR 8 and below liking the free roam areas, do MR 16 and above enjoy railjack, you get the point. You could even give players small rewards this way like 5k credits, or 400 endo.

Just as a side note, i have noticed more player created surveys on the forums.

Test Clusters

Something that I hope they didn't forget about is the test clusters just sitting around in their back pocket. This is the best way to find out if players will like something or not... have players play it. It was a great success for testing steel path's difficulty, not so much deimos, but I still want to see and hear about future use of the test clusters.

Making Changes to Gamemodes

Something DE seems to be avoiding at all costs is making any sort of actual changes to the gamemodes that aren't reward based. The reason i don't play railjack isn't because its boring, its because they're just normal missions now. The reason I don't play void storms is because they are an unnecessary amount of extra effort for the same reward as doing something easier like void fissures. The reason i don't play orphix mission is because they disable everything you have and force you into specific gear like necramechs.

Simply put, changing or adding rewards isn't enough to make these gamemodes more popular, changes to how they operate need to be made. For 1, enable warframe usage in orphix missions, the paracesis is a melee weapon specifically designed to fight sentients, which we can't use because no warframes allowed. The umbral mods have extra defense and damage against sentients, which we can't use because no warframes allowed.

Something a lot of players wanted for void storms is the ability to crack 2 relics. If it were up to me, you would be able to crack 2 relics in void storms and pick 1 reward between the 2 of them. This would still keep balance as you are still getting just as much from the missions as you ware now, your just increasing the reward pool in more things you can potentially get.

Summery/TLDR

To sum up, I think DE needs to actually make fundamental changes to these gamemodes to make them more interesting for players, simply giving them better rewards isn't enough. DE also needs to start taking steps to understand what their players want in warframe, what they enjoy, etc. Surveys and test clusters are 2 great ways to do this.

Trying to find somebody on the European XBox servers other than on hydra is a chore on its own. 

Finding someone doing Archwing, special bosses like Ambulas, Disruption or Defection is even hard on the US servers... 

The game feels like a solo adventure compared to th PC Version. 

В 01.06.2021 в 08:53, bubbabenali сказал:

Trying to find somebody on the European XBox servers other than on hydra is a chore on its own. 

Finding someone doing Archwing, special bosses like Ambulas, Disruption or Defection is even hard on the US servers... 

The game feels like a solo adventure compared to th PC Version. 

Trust me, PC is no better.
Only 8-10 nodes have players most of the time, that's checking all planets, and a planet has a maximum of 1 open squad.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb mrpyro12345678:

Only 8-10 nodes have players most of the time, that's checking all planets, and a planet has a maximum of 1 open squad.

Well, compared to the xbox I get at least some randoms at various Lich nodes. 

No chance getting a team with my xbox account. So frustatet at the murmur farming that I rather do bruteforceing my lich with one requiem after another, aborting missions until I have a good chance for the right combination. 

10 hours ago, mrpyro12345678 said:

I don't agree. On PC EU during prime time, I get a full squad for anything I want to do, and at least one or two players a bit before and after prime time. It's a given that I wouldn't find people, even during prime time, to do "irrelevant" missions or ones that are only beneficial for star chart completion; but whatever has a progression system tied to it or is a good spot to farm anything on, there'll always be a squad. I remember this being a bit annoying when I was a newbie and couldn't complete something, but I managed to anyway with clan help or someone from the recruiting channel; that's not to say that I wouldn't like changes made and have the "irrelevant" nodes be popularized.

About surveys, that's a good idea in my book as well. To the contrary of what someone said a few posts up, surveys are typically not made for gameplay balance and whatnot, so there'd hardly be a chance that something gets added/changed that some people would absolutely despise; it's usually about what people want to see next introduced, which surveys are... quite essential for, so I'm all for surveys. 

Test servers are also necessary, a lot of companies push out imbalanced and buggy content even with players testing it and giving feedback on it, so I'm not sure if DE would be any different in that regard, but in theory it's always a good idea.

Archived