Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any way I can refine my Excalibur Umbra build?...Any Excalibur tips?

-SilverWolfPrime-

Question

https://i.imgur.com/EPXcfzJ.png

I understand this is kind of a stupid question to ask, given how long I've been playing this game as well as the simplicity of Excalibur as a character, but I've loved this guy ever since he was my starter Warframe. Is there anyway I could improve or fine tune the build that I have?

Some things I was thinking about:

• Is low Efficiency ideal on Excalibur? I personally don't mind it too horribly much, but it feels annoying to manage given the high costs for Warcry and Exalted Blade.
  • I'd like to remove Arcane Energize to make this more offensively oriented. What kind of Arcane would be okay to emphasize using Exalted Blade?
  • Is Warcry absolutely necessary? I kinda wanted to test to see if Furious Javelin was worth running, or should I just tack on Streamline and use a different ability?

Here's to hoping the Umbra Transference glitch gets patched sometime soon, thank you all for the help!

7 answers to this question

It seems like an alright setup.

My only real question is whether or not Eternal War's duration gets refreshed by Exalted Blade kills that are outside of the physical melee range.

Warcry is kind of redundant when running with the full Umbral set. The additional armor's usefulness drops off pretty quick. Attack speed is valuable but with arcane fury and the mods on your exalted blade it is unlikely that warcry's bonus is necessary.

Personally I like my excal to have at least moderate efficiency. I'd dump blind rage in favor of energy conversion. It gives less overall power strength but IMO it isn't necessary to go full whamwham on exalted blade.

48 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

It seems like an alright setup.

My only real question is whether or not Eternal War's duration gets refreshed by Exalted Blade kills that are outside of the physical melee range.

Warcry is kind of redundant when running with the full Umbral set. The additional armor's usefulness drops off pretty quick. Attack speed is valuable but with arcane fury and the mods on your exalted blade it is unlikely that warcry's bonus is necessary.

Personally I like my excal to have at least moderate efficiency. I'd dump blind rage in favor of energy conversion. It gives less overall power strength but IMO it isn't necessary to go full whamwham on exalted blade.

I think I'm gonna go ahead and take Warcry out, I really don't find myself using it that often and it's too much of a hassle to keep up. It does however count to increase the Duration with Eternal War when using Exalted Blade's projectile.

Is there a certain ability I could replace Radial Javelin with? Should I replace it?

8 minutes ago, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

I think I'm gonna go ahead and take Warcry out, I really don't find myself using it that often and it's too much of a hassle to keep up. It does however count to increase the Duration with Eternal War when using Exalted Blade's projectile.

Is there a certain ability I could replace Radial Javelin with? Should I replace it?

I would approach Helminth from a "what do I want to be able to do with this setup" mentality.

If it were me I would make some alterations and run with some extra defensive abilities via subsume (pillage, shooting gallery, gloom etc.). 
Though depending on what you're trying to do you may want some extra CC/offense etc.

Excalibur, to me, is kind of a one trick pony. I've only really spent time with exalted blade setups and when running exalted blade I've never really felt like more abilities were needed outside of survivability/sustain. 

Radial Javelin is a fine offensive ability but I don't think it scales well into the mid/late game.

4 hours ago, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

Is low Efficiency ideal on Excalibur? I personally don't mind it too horribly much, but it feels annoying to manage given the high costs for Warcry and Exalted Blade.

I wouldn't recommend it.... You really don't want to go into Negative Values with any of his Stats.... But that's going to depend on if you feel like you need Radial Blind.... If not then Negative Range is Fine....

•  
  • I'd like to remove Arcane Energize to make this more offensively oriented. What kind of Arcane would be okay to emphasize using Exalted Blade?

Any of Melee Arcanes I suppose.... Strike and whatever the Damage one was called....

Is Warcry absolutely necessary? I kinda wanted to test to see if Furious Javelin was worth running, or should I just tack on Streamline and use a different ability?

Is that the Augment ? 

I doubt it's worth using but I'm only Basing that one the Mod's Description... Which in this Game could be Completely Inaccurate for all we know.... So you might aswell test it just to be sure...

Here's to hoping the Umbra Transference glitch gets patched sometime soon, thank you all for the help!

I thought they fixed that in the last Hotfix....

Is it still Misbehaving ?

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

I wouldn't recommend it.... You really don't want to go into Negative Values with any of his Stats.... But that's going to depend on if you feel like you need Radial Blind.... If not then Negative Range is Fine....

I see. I think I'll replace Blind Rage with Energy Conversion (as recommended above) and then add in either Streamline or Stretch into the mix, or another augment ability if I can find a replacement for Radial Javelin.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

I thought they fixed that in the last Hotfix....

Is it still Misbehaving ?

I checked the previous hotfixes and I haven't found anything yet. I still need to test it out, but I assume it's been acting the same as before.

Archived