Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Terrify on Xaku yay or nay

The_Undying_Player

29 minutes ago, The_Undying_Player said:

Just asking if its a good option for xaku

Base Terrify is NEVER a good option, IMO.

I never understood abilities like that, why would you want enemies to run away, making them more annoying to kill?

The Augment can be decently fun / effective, but for mass slowdown we already have Gloom (also Warcry),
Xaku also already has his 4 for a slowdown effect (LOS, alas), plus of course the Armor reduction is silly when you have Gaze.

FWIW, on my Xaku, I've tried Roar on a ~200% Str 250% Range build, nice Squad buff and not least also helps Grasp,
on another build, to allow a bit more Efficiency, I used Empower to get my 150% Str up to 200% when needed.

17 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

I never understood abilities like that, why would you want enemies to run away, making them more annoying to kill?

Mobile defense (maybe Interception) says HI.

The Augment can be decently fun / effective, but for mass slowdown we already have Gloom

This sum up my opinion on Creeping Terrify vs Gloom.

The Gloom is one of the best ability when you think about cast-and-forget. There is no recasting, no stupid HUGE energy drain (Grendel), no slowndown (Ivara) and no turn-off-sprint (Lavos, other frames and even Green turrets).

Xaku also already has his 4 for a slowdown effect (LOS, alas), plus of course the Armor reduction is silly when you have Gaze.

Except "time freeze" this ability is HUGE mess. Only time freeze works half decently (of course no freezing for infused abilities!). Issues:

- You need alot of strength (25% at base)

- You have to spam it because it's not .... an aura that slow down enemies in some radius

- Enemies are not distinguishable from normal enemies (effect on Xaku is a mess, one ability, afair, had good visibility while other close to 0; movie EFFECT INTENSIFY slider and you will be blind while VUed enemies still being not so visible)

- It costs 100 energy....

If I could be in Skeleton mode (just for fashion) 100% of the time then I would forget about VU.

17 hours ago, Infirito said:

I don't really see the point tbh, you can just enthrall them with your 3 instead

While it's possible I find it annoying to use.

51 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Holding enemies in place, mass-slowing them down, or simply killing them are better options.

If you are gonna bring "but killing is better" then I have no argument. Probably most nodes would go with this reasoning of "kill = win".

Sure, I could set up infested defense with Limbo and sip my cocoa. Am I playing a game that way? I don't think so. In my opinion it's matter of choice. Of course if you have to do something hard you may cheat. However for "not so hard" content you may pick whatever you want.

Archived