Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parasitic Armor (Helminth ability) is underwhelming and counterproductive.

Deminisis

I won't bother with the math here, but the way the ability works is very counterproductive.

The armor value added is based on both power strength and your total shield value. The problem is that strength alone cannot make a substantial armor addition with unmodded shield. What happens if we mod for more shield?

The armor value goes up more, but shield conversion means we lose all our shields. Aside from losing shield gating entirely when active, we also have used up mod slots for shields that no longer exist.

There is plenty of laughable abilities in Helminth, but this one honestly takes more away than it gives back. Elemental Ward, Defy, and Warcry are so much better than this thing.

So, armor doesnt work for shields, so i'd say this is more for 'Warframes that mostly use health to get more survivability from shields'. 

I plan on putting this on some frames were i want the enemy to get through my shields so i can make use of rage and hunter adrenaline for energy.

This actually work really good for Rhino. When using IS he doesn't lose shields until he loses the IS. Meaning that I can literally have 1k shields, transform in armor, use Ironclad Charge, buff my Iron Skin and forget about shields 'til I need to cast it again.

And this probably should work for Nezha and Frost too because they use the same system. Especially Frost that already have a high base shield and can be somewhat tanky

On 2021-07-08 at 7:47 PM, --F--NerevarCM said:

Especially Frost that already have a high base shield and can be somewhat tanky

P. Armor is really the superior choice for Armor on Frost, but Cold Elemental Ward has such a good thematic synergy with him that I aint willing to swap it out.

• 2 months later...
On 2021-07-08 at 2:39 PM, Deminisis said:

@--F--NerevarCM

I guess that makes sense for Rhino, but Frost/ Nezha would benefit more from scaling damage absorption for their abilities over additive armor.

Kinda late but better late than never. Their abilities are both benefitted by armor aswell as ability strength, due to parasitic armor also benefitting from strength, and scaling off of shield if you build a high strength/shield build w/PA on them you achieve higher ability stats than if you don't, my Frost's Snow Globe has 120k health if activated while PA is active, the highest I could achieve with just strength and/or armor is negligible in comparison. Gara's Mass Vitrify also benefits the same way.

Also Chroma gets a very good synergy with this ability as vex armor is benefitted from a lack of shields and the shields that are removed from the activation of PA increase the scorn % increasing armor further.

Lastly any build that uses rage/hunter adrenaline on shielded frames synergize well with PA.

I agree with the Rhino user here. 

Parasitic Armor is useful for converting frames into rage/adrenaline armor tanks that has high base shield and low base armor. These are typically non-tank frames that relied on shields and rolling guard prior. 

Considering this the following frames aside from Rhino and Frost are potential benefiter of Parasitic Armor. 

Revenant (675 shield 300 health)

Hydroid P (525 shield 300 health)

Atlas P (450 shield 525 health) Even more armor now!!

Gauss (450 shield 300 health)

Harrow (450 shield 300 health)

Mag P (450 shield 300 health)

Nekros P (450 shield 300 health)

Protea (450 shield 300 health)

Trinity P (450 shield 300 health)

Volt P (450 shield 300 health)

Yaleri (450 shield 300 health)

Zephyr P (450 shield 450 health)

Archived