Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need advice for my heavy blade build

Jadous

Question

Do you think it's worth building a heavy blade with 0 slash in the stance for example the scindo or galatine? (since all heavy blades have useless stances)

I will have to use weeping wounds to be able to proc slash and I'm going for a heavy attack build. Is it worth it for long steel path survival? Or is it not that good?

8 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, Jadous said:

(since all heavy blades have useless stances)

I BEG YOUR PARDON, SIR?!?!

i feel offended in cleaving whirlwind.

But if you want to ditch fun and strictly talk meta, well forget heavy blades and slap on sovereign outcast like everybody else.

7 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

I BEG YOUR PARDON, SIR?!?!

i feel offended in cleaving whirlwind.

But if you want to ditch fun and strictly talk meta, well forget heavy blades and slap on sovereign outcast like everybody else.

Cleaving whirlwind is actually the worst stance tbh.

1. You can't perma spin /self stagger (lol)

2. spin does 2x less damage than all other stances. So even if you could perma spin it's still meh

3. Reduced combo counter on spin

If wanting to make a heavy atk build for heavy blade, give it up. No force slash, so have waste a mod slot for that, whereas scythes, daggers, warfans, nikanas, etc all have it. Animation isnt even fun, really. But if you still want a heavy combo build up one, use weeping wounds, blood rush, amalgam organ shatter, sac steel, sac pressure, berserker, primed reach and reflex coil. Use with viral primer, Cedo recommended

11 minutes ago, (PSN)namsilatalisman said:

If wanting to make a heavy atk build for heavy blade, give it up. No force slash, so have waste a mod slot for that, whereas scythes, daggers, warfans, nikanas, etc all have it. Animation isnt even fun, really. But if you still want a heavy combo build up one, use weeping wounds, blood rush, amalgam organ shatter, sac steel, sac pressure, berserker, primed reach and reflex coil. Use with viral primer, Cedo recommended

This made me sad because deep down I know you are right yet I love heavy blades and axes. Guess I have to wait for heavy blade stance rework (with forced slash). I have to give up a slot for weeping wounds to make it work. So I'm at a disadvantage already

1. Rending crane exists 

2. Gram prime, vitrica, paracesis exists

3. Most heavy blades don't do great with a heavy attack build, plus if your heavy attack doesn't force proc slash, then it's not most likely not gonna preform well in long SP runs.

Your best option for most of the heavy blades is to make a combo build and use whatever stance you like most (rending crane is recommended)

7 hours ago, Jadous said:

Do you think it's worth building a heavy blade with 0 slash in the stance for example the scindo or galatine? (since all heavy blades have useless stances)

I will have to use weeping wounds to be able to proc slash and I'm going for a heavy attack build. Is it worth it for long steel path survival? Or is it not that good?

You are correct. Heavy blades are not that good compared to some other melees, because of the lack of forced bleed procs (what you call "0 slash in the stance"). If you want an optimal melee, you should stay away from heavy blades.

There is one thing you are wrong about however - you imply that would only use Weeping Wounds on a melee that doesn't force bleed, but the correct building technique would be always using Weeping Wounds on slash-based melees, even on those with the most forced bleed procs in their combos. 

7 hours ago, Jadous said:

Cleaving whirlwind is actually the worst stance tbh.

1. You can't perma spin /self stagger (lol)

2. spin does 2x less damage than all other stances. So even if you could perma spin it's still meh

3. Reduced combo counter on spin

7 hours ago, Soy77 said:

Archived