Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Come The More I Read, The More I Hate?

ErudiusNacht

I'm not sure why you're comparing Warframe to these specific games, since they aren't really that similar.  Dark Souls 2 will have co-op (and random competitive play), but it is much more slow-paced and single-player oriented.  The Witcher 3 isn't going to have any online whatsoever (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/04/27/the-witch-is-dead-witcher-3-multiplayer-off-the-table/).  Metal Gear Solid V is going to have multiplayer modes (details are unspecified as far as I know), but Metal Gear Online wasn't a massive success the last time they tried it, and the developers don't really have much experience (the studio was just formed this September).  Lastly, none of these games are F2P. 

Warframe is going to face stiffer competition eventually, but it's most likely going to be from other F2P shooters (such as Planetside 2), not boxed games with multiplayer components. 

I don't find these to be entirely fair criticisms (with the sole exception of DE ignoring core gameplay problems, which is true).  Warframe is by no means ugly in the graphics department, especially for an online game.  Pseudo-MMOs require a constant stream of new content, and many of the people making the new weapons would never be fixing core gameplay problems even if they did have time to do so.  And honestly, graphical fidelity is the least important part of a game. 

Thank you for your counter argument, but my point was that WF is already a year old and even though the titles I mentioned are boxed games, they still take away a large portion of the gamers off WF itself. I'm saying that they better move fast, because, like it or not, directly related or not, players are players and they will find something better and new to play.

As for the graphics, I have never ever mentioned any criticism nor complaint about the aesthetics and the overall game design. I never complained about the video quality, I did not even mention the problem they had with multi-core rendering. All I'm saying is that, again, we are in the business of gaming. Any unit, game or device that is about 5-6 months old can already find itself an upgrade and or improvement.

Warframe is still up there in my list of "Whoa" graphics games, but how long will that last? The better question here is, when they do officially release, is it still competitive when the time comes?  Time and change doesn't stop for anybody.

Guys, I apologize for the double post, but I just had to point something out.

I was about to turn off my laptop and turn in for the night when I came upon the main Forums page. Scrolling up and down just to have a final check before I sleep, I notice the "IMPROVING WARFRAME" section (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/6-improving-warframe/).

My point is simple: Why is there no Customer Service Feedback sub-forum? Not even a Community Feedback sub-forum.

And with that my friends, I have said my piece, for now. I shall sleep devoid of greedy milk and Rashoud (whatever the hell that is). If you guys no longer find me posting, well, you already know. See you in the next game. If not, "Good Afternoon, Good Evening and Good Night."

Life is about choices. If I get a bit bored with a game, or play it too much and experience burnout, I leave it. I left Warframe for a few months over the summer. Didn't think I'd play it again, but came back and like it more than before. 

The other choice available would be to make a frankly embarrassing, entitled-brat style rant on the forums. 

The other choice available would be to make a frankly embarrassing, entitled-brat style rant on the forums. 

Life is about choices. When I don't understand the scope of a topic, I read up on it, especially if i have been out of the loop for a while. Once I have an informed opinion, I partake in conversations pertaining to that topic.

The other choice available would be to make a frankly embarrassing, holier-than-thou style post in a discussion thread.

Edited by Ced23Ric

You obviously haven't checked out DotD Soma then.

Not sure how to use Soma. Own it... I think I maxed it out. Stopped using it along time ago even though I crammed in tons of awesome mods. Just doesn't seem logical like Ignis, Dual Ichor, Prova, Flux rifle, Lanka, Acrid, or Supra...

The existence of Soma is...

image.png

Edited by Arlayn

I shall sleep devoid of greedy milk and Rashoud (whatever the hell that is).

It's "Rraahuud," and according to the wiki it means "Listen." Presumably the word was spelled that way due to the way Sargas drags it out, and would regularly be spelled more like "Rahuud." My interest in linguistics compelled me to look it up a while back, and though there's no source given I'm inclined to believe it for now.

Incidentally, its that interest in linguistics that got me into coding in the first place. C++ and C# (and others) are just like other languages, but I can talk to computers and tell them to do cool stuff with them :)

Edited by Siubijeni

It's "Rraahuud," and according to the wiki it means "Listen." Presumably the word was spelled that way due to the way Sargas drags it out, and would regularly be spelled more like "Rahuud." My interest in linguistics compelled me to look it up a while back, and though there's no source given I'm inclined to believe it for now.

Incidentally, its that interest in linguistics that got me into coding in the first place. C++ and C# (and others) are just like other languages, but I can talk to computers and tell them to do cool stuff with them :)

Hmm, gotta brush up on my linguistics as well. Thanks.

Going back to my OP. So, my guess is, since this Thread has been pushed down, people are still under the effects of the Real Greedy Milk. Well anyways, as I have stated in my Steam Graph, I'm not jumping off the sinking boat even before the rats do. Just gonna finish up my novel, use up my remaining plat, and start with other, more productive things like playing with my kid.

See you guys, it's been a ride. An anticlimactic one.

This was my PM to Rebecca when I got a warning point for pointing something out.

This was her heartfelt reply.

I, I, I can't say anything anymore. Disheartening.

I can't help but see you gave her a nothing apology, so she gave you a nothing response. Were her actions justified? If you insulted DE then you are essentially saying "I'm sorry about not being sorry about insulting you and I meant every word". Kind of loses it's meaning. What did you expect her to say?

Edited by thatdamnlobster

[...]A moderator has quit (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/110391-1500-hours-10-months-an-belated-open-letter-of-resignation/), because DE itself would not listen to an employee. My real-life friends have quit, since players never get any attention at all, even if you're in DC. We're paying customers, and yet the simplest tickets take 3-5 days for a reply, much less resolution. My in-game friends have quit, due to the same reasons, and the fact that upon reaching rank 7-8 gives you nothing much to look for afterwards. It's just a cosmetic number on your profile pic that only newbies look up to.

And the frustrations. They said Frost Prime was going to be exclusive, well it's in my inventory now! They said snipertron was obsolete and removed it from the game, but now I've even forma-ed the Vandal version. They said they were finally going to replace that farting golem, and what did we get? A new boss that needed grinding for nav coordinates, to grind for Golem nav coordiantes, to access the new boss and grind for the new frame. A frame, that IMO, would faint from a finger flick from Rhino.[...]

Just to clarify, Ced23ric wasn't an employee. We aren't employees and we do not receive any sort of payment, not even in-game shinnies. All we do is look at all the collected bad examples of people who couldn't follow the rules and are/were being poor human beings toward others. It isn't a particular pleasurable thing to do and the only good thing we get out of it is knowing that we are contributing to a better environment here. That said, his resignation cannot be simply summed up to "He quit because DE wouldn't listen to him." 

As for the second paragraph even if they had said, clear as day, that Frost Prime was going to stay exclusive, the game is subject to change. I understand that it isn't as simple as this, but this isn't like someone said that a beach would be exclusively yours and then allowing other people to use it. It's a virtual item. Allowing other people to use it does not - in any shape or form - affect your own capability of using it yourself.

Besides by now it's common knowledge that obsolete and removed items aren't really removed from the game forever, but simply mothballed into "The Vault".

Interesting read.

By "interesting" I mean "depressing" of course.

Even being reminded of past problems I'm really trying hard to see a bright future for the game having upgraded my founders last minute in high hopes that the coming updates will improve the game in the many ways it truly needs.

Edited by A1CZERO

I read what has been said in this thread, what Devs say to confirm their actions, and I am utterly astonished.

To wave everything away and have a mindset that people want you to hate your game, and you're more entitled then feedback from a plebian such as a casual gamer, and Ced, and to respond next to not at all, is just astonishing. 

I love this ****ing game, and I thought DE was doing better, but to hear that they would ever say anything like that is beyond me.

I'm not being a doomsayer here, I might continue playing, but I honestly feel Warframe is headed down a bad path.  Looking at those graphs has shown me that it's quick, too. About 1/2 the population that normally plays upon Steam release show, and every weekend event, despite being better in general, are getting less numbers.

If we truly had 4 million Tenno, and the retention rate is low for about 8k-12k a day *counting people that only login for login rewards, mind you*, then it's time to wake the F*** up and realize what is going on in your game.

The OP may have not made many valid statements, but this discussion did.

It's time to get your elitist attitude out and get off your high horse. PS4 crowd is coming soon and I can tell you all of those kids will want to play, and your numbers will rise, but any sensible person is not going to pay so much for a weapon or frame that is weak and going to be worse then next week's release.

As for the second paragraph even if they had said, clear as day, that Frost Prime was going to stay exclusive, the game is subject to change. I understand that it isn't as simple as this, but this isn't like someone said that a beach would be exclusively yours and then allowing other people to use it. It's a virtual item. Allowing other people to use it does not - in any shape or form - affect your own capability of using it yourself.

Six citable times they said Frost Prime was to remain exclusive.

Six.

Oh.. this again...

Let's see.. I got MANY triple A titles here..

- average cost: 50 to 60 Euro's

- average playtime: 20 to 40 hrs. some of them over 40, none of them even close to 100 (save morrowind & oblivion)

- average communication from and with developers: none.

- replayability: maybe two or three runs

let's compare that to WF shall we?

- average cost: NOTHING (though I did spend money, I didn't have to, I just want to have ALL TEH FRAMEZ0RS...)

- playtime: 1298+ hrs

- average communication from and with developers: livestreams every other week/three weeks. active on forums. weekly primetime

- replayabillity: new content after each major update, events, enough stuff I haven't yet got... IMMENSE.

I'm sorry, but in the greater scheme of things, you're a spoiled brat and your points are invalid.

I sometimes think the only reason some of you keep kicking at DE is because they are one of the few developers that actually listen. Sad really.

i've worked in the service industry

i've worked in the IT industry (heavily)

i've worked in the retail industry.

one thing i've noticed about all of them. people whine more about free things than the things they've paid for.

it's never good enough, it's never they way they like it and it's never quick enough.

personally, i've been a DE fan for two decades (yes, seriously, 20 years) (1993)

this is by far the best they've put out. 

issues, sure.

growing pains, definitely.

build a live environment game, and try to balance everything while keeping patches, content updates and customers happy.

this is a tall order.

this is something that's entirely new to DE (live environment) 

as well as working with sony to be a release exclusive for ps4.

DE isn't blizzard, they don't have the resources to throw at it like they do. and nor should they.

personally, even with all the issues surrounding this game, they've done a phenomenal job and i (for one) applaud their efforts.

certainly mistakes happen, and people's expectations are almost never met (see my comments about free stuff above)

that said. could things be done better? sure! there's always room for improvement.

does that mean "it's all broken and they don't care, waaaaahhhhh!!" no.

give them time. once the game has been out of beta for a year and things are still broken and gorpy, sure, then you can complain like this. i'll even join you. but right now. in the midst of major overhauls and iteration... not fair to throw this kind of vitriol at them.

i've worked in the service industry

i've worked in the IT industry (heavily)

i've worked in the retail industry.

one thing i've noticed about all of them. people whine more about free things than the things they've paid for.

it's never good enough, it's never they way they like it and it's never quick enough.

personally, i've been a DE fan for two decades (yes, seriously, 20 years) (1993)

this is by far the best they've put out. 

issues, sure.

growing pains, definitely.

build a live environment game, and try to balance everything while keeping patches, content updates and customers happy.

this is a tall order.

this is something that's entirely new to DE (live environment) 

as well as working with sony to be a release exclusive for ps4.

DE isn't blizzard, they don't have the resources to throw at it like they do. and nor should they.

personally, even with all the issues surrounding this game, they've done a phenomenal job and i (for one) applaud their efforts.

certainly mistakes happen, and people's expectations are almost never met (see my comments about free stuff above)

that said. could things be done better? sure! there's always room for improvement.

does that mean "it's all broken and they don't care, waaaaahhhhh!!" no.

give them time. once the game has been out of beta for a year and things are still broken and gorpy, sure, then you can complain like this. i'll even join you. but right now. in the midst of major overhauls and iteration... not fair to throw this kind of vitriol at them.

This, this, a thousand times this.

Just gotta comment on the ticket part. Ciao (at least I think that was the name) answered a ticket I sent the very next day and persisted in helping me with the technical problem for 5 days until it was fixed. DE may take time but they in no way half &#! their help.

Just gotta comment on the ticket part. Ciao (at least I think that was the name) answered a ticket I sent the very next day and persisted in helping me with the technical problem for 5 days until it was fixed. DE may take time but they in no way half &#! their help.

I will second this. The few times I'd had tickets in, they've been prompt, extremely professional, helpful and courteous.

But they lied about drop rates, and they hid all the evidence. They don't communicate with playerbase about major changes they are going to implement, armor changes is the first time. Stamina nerf came out of nowhere and nobody was complaining about it. They are very detached from playerbase and have no idea what we need in this game.

the drop tables were hidden - DE is maiking codex to show everyone the drop tables, without the need of dataminning them.

changes - "wow, DE changed stamina one time, they are the worst company ever!" yes, but they rolled back the changes in 1 or 2 days. plus, you say armor is the first time they communicated? well, it´s the only big change they ever made. the other one was the mod system, and they comminicated that one too

very detached from the community - 2c1.gif

look, i have many complains about DE (mostly, things about the game that need improvement since the release of them) but your complains are rather invalid.

Edited by lautalocos

• 3 weeks later...

It's U11, and in just a few days, 5 fixes have been deployed. I've got nothing about Germans, they're ok in my book. But my problem (again) is that DE just releases stuff too often and just patches and patches it. Again, WF now looks like a pitchy-patched up house with extensions going into different directions. If possible, I just want to have one simple, clean 2 floor house.

This is how warframe has been for me last months:

-Login

-check market

-Buy interesting cosmetic stuff.

-disconnect and only come back on the next major update.

Thanks to the glorious update 11 this is how warframe is for me now:

-Login

-check market

-check for new mods.

-Buy them with platinum

-disconnect and only come back on the next major update;

I'll most likely stop playing WF when my platinum runs out, no kidding.

This is how warframe has been for me last months:

-Login

-check market

-disconnect and only come back on the next major update.

Thanks to the glorious update 11 this is how warframe is for me now:

-Login

-check market

-check for new mods.

-Buy them with platinum

-disconnect and only come back on the next major update;

I'll most likely stop playing WF when my platinum runs out, no kidding.

Lol, you forgot to take "pictures". "Gotta Scan 'Em All!"

EDIT: The latest SteamGraph on WF...

sKk0cfU.jpg

EDIT2: As of today, I now have 2 warning points! Yay! Hooray for freedom of speech!

Edited by ErudiusNacht