Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Missions Not Bringing In More Recovered Ones.

So I completed all recovered Nightwave missions assuming it would bring me to rank 30 Nightwave so I could get the two umbra forma before they are gone. However, when I completed the last recovered missions, no more missions started popping up which makes me think that it could be locked to a certain amount of standing per reset day? I'd figured since it ends on the 28th that there would be PLENTY of missions to grind so I could get there, so why are they not showing up anymore?

From my own testing, you can't recover tasks that are in the current weeks night task list.

Personal example:

Spoiler

I decided to test out a couple of Solo Tridolon builds.

Since I skipped absolutely every "Capture Hydrolyst" task in this intermission, I had several of them stacked up.

I cleared my current Capture Hydrolyst task and right after I returned to cetus and then back to my orbiter, I had another capture hydrolyst task recovered.

Now, litereally a day later, one of the current weekly tasks was also a Capture hydrolst task, I cleared out all the other nightwave tasks first and then tried out another solo hydrolyst build, after completing it, I did NOT get another recovered hydrolyst task.

This makes me fairly certain that this is exactly what breaks recovering tasks.

You are pretty much relying on RNG to recover the right tasks, in a way that enables you to reach your desired rank late and in time.

I think this should be classfied as a bug and hopefully DE fixes it one day.

Edit: I am on PC BTW. I just found this thread using the search function.

Yes. I am having the same issue, more or less. I started grinding nightwave just before the last weekly reset, and got this far and am stuck now.
I got this Eidolon challenge a couple of days ago which I did not complete as I play solo, and for a while I would get 2 other recovered challenges.
You should have 3 incomplete recovered challenges at a time. However, after several more challenges, I started to receive only 2 at a time, and now I'm getting only this one and nothing more. The set of challenges coming after reset wont be enough to get me to 30, and I'm really worried now that I will be stuck with only this one recovered only. And based on what the OP is saying, even if I go outside of my comfort zone and find 3 people to carry an Eidolon noob to complete it, I still probably wont get additional recovered challenges!  😟

I already had everything from previous nighwaves, and only invested this effort for the umbrals, which will end up being just out of my reach if I don't recover more challenges.

20210725213938_1a.jpg

This has been an issue since act recovery was implemented two years ago. A friend of mine reported it to DE support ages ago. They responded with an explanation of how it's supposed to work because they plainly didn't read more than the subject line. Don't hold your breath on getting this fixed any time soon.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb 16Bitman:

From my own testing, you can't recover tasks that are in the current weeks night task list.

This is also my impression, but this exact bug was supposedly fixed two years ago in 25.3.3.

Indeed, I'm getting new recovered challenges again. That's a tremendous relief. Can get my umbrals now!

And comparing to the weekly challenges last week, the bug does indeed appear to be as some said. The new challenges in my screenshot were among the weekly challenges last week, so that was why they couldn't repeat themselves in our list. DE needs to code in a skip for situations like that, so the challenge can skip to the next ones in queue. 🤷‍♂️

But going forward, to be safe, we should start catching up 3 weeks before nightwave ends to make sure we get enough challenges.

20210726104859_1.jpg

Same here. I grinded from rank 8 to 25 and now I'm out of recovered missions completely. I was only going for the Forma Umbras and now I feel completely cheated and all my effort was pointless. I had everything else already, only Umbra was interesting to me. Bad taste. Good job, DE. 

2 hours ago, Leontiesh said:

Same here. I grinded from rank 8 to 25 and now I'm out of recovered missions completely. I was only going for the Forma Umbras and now I feel completely cheated and all my effort was pointless. I had everything else already, only Umbra was interesting to me. Bad taste. Good job, DE. 

you need to do eery task. sometimes they reset after a few hrs and u get new ones. thats how I did it

Archived