Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor Range Bug

(XBOX)Nokimaro

Bug: When firing the Tonkor the grenade only goes about a foot in front of me.

Description: I've looked all over the internet and was unable to find a fix for this. I fully understand that the Tonkor has a minimum detonation range and does not explode on impact anymore. The main issue is that when I fire it my Tonkor won't shoot the grenade more than a foot at its maximum. This makes it impossible for the grenade to prime and ultimately makes it useless. Other videos show the Tonkor firing a good distance with NO mods to affect the distance. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

I grabbed my vanilla tonkor and it appears to be behaving as expected the grenade flies off into the distance. Are you doing anything particular when you fire the rocket? bullet jumping, aim gliding, wall-latch, standing perfectly still?

On 2021-07-26 at 12:42 AM, (XBOX)Nokimaro said:

Bug: When firing the Tonkor the grenade only goes about a foot in front of me.

I can't replicate this on my end (with a regular Tonkor I kept for some reason),
even the "old standby" of shooting through Volt's shield to see what that might break didn't seem to have any negative effect.

So yeah, a -Flight Speed Riven would be the most likely explanation.

21 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

I can't replicate this on my end (with a regular Tonkor I kept for some reason),
even the "old standby" of shooting through Volt's shield to see what that might break didn't seem to have any negative effect.

So yeah, a -Flight Speed Riven would be the most likely explanation.

That's so bizarre. For me the grenade literally just rolls out of the barrel and drops to my feet lol. I dont have the Lich based Tonkor yet and I hope that fixes it.

On 2021-07-25 at 5:45 PM, Tiltskillet said:

I don't have a normal Tonkor to test, but my KTONK is working normally.

Crazy question, but you don't have a negative flight speed riven on it, do you?

Great question, but unfortunately I dont have a riven for the Tonkor specifically.

On 2021-07-26 at 12:05 AM, Drasiel said:

I grabbed my vanilla tonkor and it appears to be behaving as expected the grenade flies off into the distance. Are you doing anything particular when you fire the rocket? bullet jumping, aim gliding, wall-latch, standing perfectly still?

Unfortunately the grenade seems to just flop out of the barrel regardless of a motion I make as well as standing still. At first I thought they changed it to a charge based attack but I couldnt get something like that to work either.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Nokimaro said:

Unfortunately the grenade seems to just flop out of the barrel regardless of a motion I make as well as standing still. At first I thought they changed it to a charge based attack but I couldnt get something like that to work either.

you're on xbox so you have in built recording software and can upload it to your one drive from the xbox (if I remember right) would it be possible to grab a video of this happening?

Hey guys just as a heads up my friend fixed the issue. He asked me of I tried removing the mods and testing it then. I removed these mods:

Serration

Point Strike

Hammer Shot

Firestorm

Split Chamber

Primed Cryo Rounds

Vital Sense

I tested the Tonkor with no mods on and it fired normally. The grenade traveled far enough to detonate. I put the mods back on and tested it again. Thankfully it works now, but Im not sure why unless one of my mods was bugged lol. Thank you for your help with this! 😀

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Nokimaro said:

Hey guys just as a heads up my friend fixed the issue. He asked me of I tried removing the mods and testing it then. I removed these mods:

Serration

Point Strike

Hammer Shot

Firestorm

Split Chamber

Primed Cryo Rounds

Vital Sense

I tested the Tonkor with no mods on and it fired normally. The grenade traveled far enough to detonate. I put the mods back on and tested it again. Thankfully it works now, but Im not sure why unless one of my mods was bugged lol. Thank you for your help with this! 😀

this actually explains a test I did. I started putting on the mods you had equipped starting with multishot. I shot the tonkor and it only travelled a few feet. I took the mod off and it was normal, I put the mod back on and it was normal. I thought I must have just aimed the first test poorly because I could not get it reproduced. I have a suspicion that the first time you put on multishot it might mess up the flight speed for reasons I can't comprehend.

Archived