Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Take Away The 24 Hour Wait To Redo Mastery Rank Tests

MuricanHawtSauce

Think about it this way...

Ranking up is a big deal. It unlocks loads more weapons for you to use, and gets you credit amongst other tenno. If you make it less difficult to get those ranks, more accessible to people who aren't necessarily as skilled as someone as the same rank, it devalues them.

Having a long waiting period also gives you an incentive to log in the next day, to keep you looking forward to something. You shouldn't feel entitled to a rank just because you fill the prerequisites. You need to earn it.

13? Just how many weapons have you ranked to 30?

all of them.

and all the frames too.

(ill bet)

yup all of em... all the alert weapons and frames, all the event weapons, all the shop weapons and frames, and all the founder weapons and frames.

Yeah that's great when you're leveling your mastery to level 7 to get everything. After that, there aren't any more weapons to get and you get the mastery levels for prestige really.

also when they releases a new weapon with a higher master rank, i no longer need to rush or cram or what not. i just craft and use it. :3

Edited by _Rue_

Think about it this way...

Ranking up is a big deal. It unlocks loads more weapons for you to use, and gets you credit amongst other tenno. If you make it less difficult to get those ranks, more accessible to people who aren't necessarily as skilled as someone as the same rank, it devalues them.

Having a long waiting period also gives you an incentive to log in the next day, to keep you looking forward to something. You shouldn't feel entitled to a rank just because you fill the prerequisites. You need to earn it.

BUT GOD DAMMIT 24 HOURS, i get what you mean, and im not saying remove it, im saying nerf the waiting time, plus majority of the time i log in every day anyway (dem juicy log-in rewards.)

Gotta be honest; I actually like the 24 hour cooldown for one simple reason: it makes you sweat while taking the test.  Nothing else in this game really has that effect.  I know, I know, what we need to do is create more, proper challenges, not impose annoying cooldowns.  But I always liked taking the tests because I enjoy some pressure in a game.  But then again, I stopped at mastery 7, so the tests didn't get that hard.

yup all of em... all the alert weapons and frames, all the event weapons, all the shop weapons and frames, and all the founder weapons and frames.

also when they releases a new weapon with a higher master rank, i no longer need to rush or cram or what not. i just craft and use it. :3

Dang, I've level'd all but 4 frames (Mag prime, regular frost, Volt (he's at 20), and Excalibur prime. I'm only MR 9.

Gotta be honest; I actually like the 24 hour cooldown for one simple reason: it makes you sweat while taking the test.  Nothing else in this game really has that effect.  I know, I know, what we need to do is create more, proper challenges, not impose annoying cooldowns.  But I always liked taking the tests because I enjoy some pressure in a game.  But then again, I stopped at mastery 7, so the tests didn't get that hard.

thats why it should be like 10 mins - 1 hour max. once a day for a mastery test that is SUPER hard is too much.

none of the tests are that hard.

24h wait is not a big deal.

the only time that its an issue is when a bug happens, but that is not really something that we should or can count.

24h wait for testing bugs is a big deal because we have to wait another day to even confirm the bug first place. If we could do it multiple times instantly(like missions), we would confirm the bug before 3 days of waiting. That just takes a tow on bug reporting. It should be reduced by a lot just like how Orokin Derelict Assasination crafting time was reduced from 24h to 1h.

it's all a question of perception. For me the 24hrs wait is way too much and yes some tests are difficult to some. Not everybody is a genius in Warframe and all of its game mechanics.

Somehow i am (still) in the process for mastery lvl 8 and i cant seem to pass the wall jumping test. I even practiced for it and just did it for the fifth time and again i failed. This time i made stupid mistakes due to the pressure and did not even pass the second part of the test. In-game i sometimes have problems with walljumping and -running but most of the time i am doing allright. Now i have to wait another f*c***g 24 hrs to try again! And to what end??? The wait has no meaning for the game does not help you too get better at it during the wait. The challenge surely remains the same regardless of a wait so whats with the wait???

I like a good challenge in a game. And i have my share of games were i really had too push to progress (some levels of super meatboy for instance) but never with a stupid long wait like this. And the pressure will be on for every more time i fail. But maybe Warframe is a game that is meant to cause frustration instead of joy. Maybe some are meant to hit a wall at some point so that eventually they leave the game for other shooters (BF4 anyone?)

Not a smart move for a game that is free-to-play and hopes you will spent real money?? I for one am starting to regret i did. Soo my vote is to get rid of it yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

The wallrun test only screws over DE, because I won't give them any more money until I pass it and I haven't been able to for months.  I don't see the point of waiting 24 hours, it's just a d0uch3 move, in an otherwise okay game. Being unable to progress a certain test though that's not fun. I only play maybe once a week so I can't really learn to master a wallrun test. I hate wallrunning.

Edited by BloodDoll

The wallrun test only screws over DE, because I won't give them any more money until I pass it and I haven't been able to for months.  I don't see the point of waiting 24 hours, it's just a d0uch3 move, in an otherwise okay game. Being unable to progress a certain test though that's not fun. I only play maybe once a week so I can't really learn to master a wallrun test. I hate wallrunning.

Maybe you should stop getting upset with DE and improve upon your skills instead. If you've been at the same test for months now that HAS to tell you something.