Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggested New Warframe: FENRIS - The Werewolf Warframe

(PSN)BMWWOW

(Please see the very bottom of this post for the awesome Concept Art by artist "@anzuarden_art" that inspired this whole idea from me)  🙂

Saw this in a reddit. Just thought it looked kinda of SUPER EFFING COOL  :D

So with nothing more than the image / concept art, I started thinking about what his powers would be….. This was my Brainstorm.  😄

Come Brainstorm on this just for fun.  These are just some ideas I was playing around with (I love Werewolves and Wolfman stories).

Please feel free to add your community imagination.  No negative comments please - only constructive criticism - add to the ideas!  😃

FENRIS: The Lycanthrope (Werewolf) Warframe.

Passive - 50% immune to all Toxin & Viral damage, and 50% chance to auto-resist a Toxin or Viral Proc (Possibly modded to 100% at Strength of 200%). 
Demoralizes (scares, lowers chance of attack) of all feral animals.

Extra Passive r.e. Mythic Origins....

When Loki and Fenris are in the same squad, they both gain +10% Armor & Shields

ABILITES:

#1-3 in Wolfman Form…

1 - WOLF HOWL - 50% chance to terrify enemies into temporary immobility in 10m radius.  Allies buffed in affinity range +20% Attack Speed on all Melee Attacks, and +20% DR from enemies also within Affinity range.  Scales with Strength to 100% chance to terrify enemies into stillness at Str 200%.  Affects all Animal Companions (organic only - e.g. no robot dogs) exactly the same as allies.

On Fenris himself only - Clears all current status effects

Cost: 50

OR Cost 25 with 15-20 second Cooldown

Duration: 30 seconds

Animation - arms throw wide, head goes up, audible Wolf Howl; Fenris is immune to damage during Wolf Howl for 1.5 seconds.

Possible model:  A less powerful Rhino Roar meets a less powerful Banshee Silence with a teensy touch of Terrify

2 - HUNTER’S GLARE - Improved hit & Headshot chance: +50% on all Primary & Secondary weapons (hitbox increases + zoom of given weapon is doubled on L2 + additional 50% accuracy while active + 20% added Crit Chance with all ranged weapons); Lowers possibility of being hit by enemies within a 70 degree cone in the direction of the Hunter’s Glare (+50% increased miss chance / -50% lowered accuracy of all enemies in cone)

Cost: 25

Duration: 20 seconds

OR additional cost over time 4 energy / second

Animation - the very edges of the screen go translucent-silver-grey and animate in a waves-like manner, minor zoom effect, over 0.5 seconds, followed by normal vision and grey edges recede almost completely; Color of edges can be changed to match left emissive.

Possible model: blocking mechanics of a shield (e.g. angular degree of effect) get turned into a demoralizing effect on the enemy, with Fenris-only weapon hit-chance buffs

3 - WILD LUNGE - a Leap-Kill Attack with a Swipe on multiple enemies (up to 4 enemies at once) & covers distance quickly.  Has added 50% possibility to knock down enemies in 2m radius around landing point (can be modded to 100% at Str 200)

Cost: 75

Range: 20m

Damage: Razor Claws Exalted Weapon (see below)… Four automatic swipes (4 attacks) of the claws, Slash based + Toxin with 50% Proc chance (modded to 100% Toxin Proc at 200 Str.). Only one attack-set (4 swipes) per Wild Lunge.

Animation - actual covering of the distance as seen through eyes-only over 1.5 seconds, with four (L-R-L-R) very wide swipes of Fenris’ arms with the Razor Claws emphasized over another 2 seconds.  All 4 swipes over 1 second (total 3.5 seconds for the entire leap + swipes animation).

Potential model: Kavat’s Swipe & Pounce / Valkyr’s Hysterical Assault together, but with no innate armor stripping.  However you can mod that into the Exalted Weapons if you want, e.g. Corrosive.

4 - FULL LYCANTHROPE

Cost: 100

Additional Cost Over Time: 6 energy / second

Massive health / armor boost (Health +25% / Armor +75%) while in Full Lycanthrope form.  All damage-only-status effects (e.g. Viral, Burning, etc) all clear during the animation of going into Full Lycanthrope.  Non-damage procs can still affect Fenris, e.g. can still be knocked down / knocked back / frozen, etc.  Two Exalted Weapons are gained: Razor Claws & Rending Bite.  These are the only two usable physical Weapons of any kind while in Full Lycanthrope (see below).

While in Full Lycanthrope the only options are Movement, Exalted Weapon Attacks, and Abilities (obviously cannot get any gun buff from Hunter’s Glare, but can still demoralize enemy).  Cannot revive allies., use any consoles, nor pick up any items (e.g. mobile defense keys).  Full Lycanthrope is a killer… and that’s all!

Fenris’ Companions still act normally as per their mods.

Animation: literally tears own skin apart / bursts from his own skin into a gigantic, monstrous, terrifying Werewolf over 1.5 seconds.  At the end of the animation Fenris lets out a full WOLF’S HOWL automatically at full effect, and with no energy cost for the once-per-animation Wolf’s Howl.  The animation of Returning to “Wolfman Form” causes Fenris to stop moving (feet-only freeze in place) and progressively appear to slightly “shrink”  in waves (no actual effective height change) while his Wolfman Form skin over 1.2 seconds.

During the animation in either direction, Fenris is invulnerable in all manner of ways.  When transforming into Full Lycanthrope, all gear “goes invisible” effectively, when the Wolfman’s skin is “torn off” at the start of Full Lycanthrope animation.  All gear returns by fading back in place when Full Lycanthrope is switched off or runs out of energy.   Pickups are collected normally throughout Full Lycanthrope.

Possible model: Sevagoth’s Shadow but no separate set of abilities, meets Titania’s Exalted Weapons in a wildly different form.

--->>> ONLY in FULL LYCANTHROPE.... Additions....

— EXALTED WEAPON: RAZOR CLAWS - Modded separately.  High Slash damage modded separately + innate Toxin with 50% Proc chance (modded to 100% Toxin Proc at 200 Str.).  Automatic Damage source for #3 WILD LUNGE.  ONLY during Full Lycanthrope also has BLOOD REND: 5% Lifesteal on Kill modded to 10% at 200% Str.

• Attack Speed: 1.2 (fast!)
  • Activated by [Melee Attack] [PS4 = O]
  • Animation: Once Per Attack, a HUGE a terrifying monster-animal claw swipes through the air in front of you, alternating Left-Right. The center-point of the aiming hitbox decides the landing point, regardless of which side the swipe originated.
  • Possible model: Valkyr’s 4th in its various incarnations over the years

— EXALTED WEAPON: RENDING BITE - Mainly Puncture + lesser Slash Damage.  Modded separately.  Hit has innate Viral Damage & 50% Proc chance  (modded to 100% Toxin Proc at 200 Str.).  Only possible to use in Full Lycanthrope.

• Attack Speed: 1 (average)
  • Activated by [Gunfire Attack / trigger] [PS4 = R2]
  • Animation: See your own wolf snout spread wide (come toward you as jaw opens)… you can just see the edges  of your fangs… and then you chomp down on the [neck / shoulder / head / upper body in general] of your enemy with plenty o’ splatter.

— Only while in Full Lycanthrope, when you activate #3 WILD LUNGE your Rending Bite can also be activated once per incidence of Wild Lunge without any extra energy cost, but only while the normal Rending Bite animation is playing, or within 1 second after the animation ends. A subsequent immediate second activation of Rending Bite would be normal energy cost.

— Only while in Full Lycanthrope, using #3 WILD LUNGE increases all aspects of WILD LUNGE by 50%.  Up to 6 enemies and a distance of 30 meters, with a 4 meter knockdown radius - scales with modding.  WILD LUNGE Damage is from Razor Claws with the Added Toxin damage. Only during Full Lycanthrope is BLOOD REND Lifesteal added to Razor Claws used in WILD LUNGE.

— Extra Full Lycanthrope-Only PASSIVE - Beastial Ferocity - Exalted Weapon Damage Buff.  When Health severely goes down.  When Heath gets below 55% of maximum a +5% Damage buff begins for Exalted Weapons for every 5% that it falls below 55%.  E.g. health at 55% of maximum or greater = no damage buff.  At 50% Health, Fenris gets a 5% damage buff on his Exalted Weapons; At 40% of maximum health Fenris would have a 15% damage buff on Exalted Weapons, reaching 100% (doubled) damage buff at 5% or less remaining health.

Here is the Original Concept Art from "anzuarden_art" that inspired my entire description above....  🙂

13 minutes ago, (PSN)BMWWOW said:

Sorry - originally posted this in Suggestions because I did not realize there was a Fan Concepts forum.  🙂
Anyway - here you go!  😄

Kind of imagined what if Alad V created a more ferocious Zanuka Hunter. But it managed to gain a will of its own. Maybe it was created using a frame capable of shape shifting and Alad V tried to create a Zanuka that can be the perfect hunter in any environment. Maybe even messed around with sentient technology. 

But as a result, the Zanuka Hunter gained a mind of its own and had faint memories. With its shape shifting it took on a more humanoid form. Due to its will being used to maintain the form, in it’s true Zanuka  form, it’s true power comes out.

The artwork I picture as a deluxe skin if not the default. But the artwork is extremely close to what I picture. 

Part of its passive is basically rage meter. Especially an intense one for Alad V. When the meter is reached it’s last ability allows it to take on it’s true form. 

That’s the sort of origin I picture for how this frame came to be. Since Zanukas are made with warframes. Makes me picture him creating a Sentient Zanuka and possibly infested Zanuka. As the sort of upgrades for those who have completed a lot and the current assassins aren’t much of a challenge. Could see them being replaced after the quest for this frame is completed. 

Abilities would be difficult to decide on without being too similar to others. The only unique thing I can picture is it being able to scale up walls and cliffs really fast. Possibly has the fastest wall jumping than any other frame due to its grip.

That’s just my opinion though.

• 5 months later...

On 2021-09-03 at 1:31 AM, (PSN)BMWWOW said:

WOLF HOWL - 50% chance to terrify enemies into temporary immobility in 10m radius.  Allies buffed in affinity range +20% Attack Speed on all Melee Attacks, and +20% DR from enemies also within Affinity range.  Scales with Strength to 100% chance to terrify enemies into stillness at Str 200%.  Affects all Animal Companions (organic only - e.g. no robot dogs) exactly the same as allies.

Sounds good, real good

HUNTER’S GLARE - Improved hit & Headshot chance: +50% on all Primary & Secondary weapons (hitbox increases + zoom of given weapon is doubled on L2 + additional 50% accuracy while active + 20% added Crit Chance with all ranged weapons); Lowers possibility of being hit by enemies within a 70 degree cone in the direction of the Hunter’s Glare (+50% increased miss chance / -50% lowered accuracy of all enemies in cone

So creative, so useful, lovely

The ability is doing a lot but I thought It'd be cool if it worked more in your benefit. Like enemies within this cone of your view would also give you a movement speed buff per enemy you see, and allowed you to highlight enemies through walls

It's would be like the wolf is smelling the enemies and gets hungry the more he sees, moving faster to take them down.

WILD LUNGE - a Leap-Kill Attack with a Swipe on multiple enemies (up to 4 enemies at once) & covers distance quickly.  Has added 50% possibility to knock down enemies in 2m radius around landing point (can be modded to 100% at Str 200)

Cost: 75

Range: 20m

Damage: Razor Claws Exalted Weapon (see below)… Four automatic swipes (4 attacks) of the claws, Slash based + Toxin with 50% Proc chance (modded to 100% Toxin Proc at 200 Str.). Only one attack-set (4 swipes) per Wild Lunge.

Animation - actual covering of the distance as seen through eyes-only over 1.5 seconds, with four (L-R-L-R) very wide swipes of Fenris’ arms with the Razor Claws emphasized over another 2 seconds.  All 4 swipes over 1 second (total 3.5 seconds for the entire leap + swipes animation).

Potential model: Kavat’s Swipe & Pounce / Valkyr’s Hysterical Assault together, but with no innate armor stripping.  However you can mod that into the Exalted Weapons if you want, e.g. Corrosive

This 

Single target damage has its time to shine but I feel like it's not the coolest ability for a wolf to have. Hear me out. Move this ability to the heavy attack function of his exalted claws

And then make this an ability to summon 6 wolves that are extremely fast, able to travel at 20m per second. After your first kill since the cast of the ability, 10% of health of the enemy is stored and begins decaying by 20% percent per second (so it last for 5 seconds before its depleted). The kill sends your wolves on a frenzy, allowing them to deal that stored health as damage to enemies. Getting more kills saves an additional 10% of enemies health to the pool per kill, so the faster you kill, the more ferocious your wolf pack becomes. 

Werewolves are dope but so is a wolf pack, wolf packs are made to increase their lethality, at the command of their alpha, so this sort of simulates that. Giving you more of that wolf experience 

FULL LYCANTHROPE

Just epic

I hope the suggestions sound good to you, if not it's whatever. Nice frame! I'd like to have this design as our werewolf frame for sure

Archived