Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path Star Chart - Unlocking

CrimsonDarkLord

I can't seem to find the answer for this.

Say you've only unlocked the nodes in 1 planet of the SP Star Chart, and someone else invites you to their game where they've progressed past different planets and you spend a good amount of time helping them clear more nodes in their game.

Once you're back to your own game, where does your progress in your own Star Chart stay at?

It will stay at every nodes you have played. Solo and with other players.

It's called getting taxi'd, and yeah that applies for SP as well. Can confidently confirm it since i just spent the last couple of days taxying my friends all over SP.

1 minute ago, Soy77 said:

It's called getting taxi'd, and yeah that applies for SP as well. Can confidently confirm it since i just spent the last couple of days taxying my friends all over SP.

Yeah, you can also Taxi yourself around doing the daily Steel Path missions, completing them unlocks the node if it was locked, and opens adjacent nodes as well.

Why is it that I have played Mot, Void multiple times with others but it is still locked for me?

Do nodes you play with others only unlock once you have completed the junction to reach the planet first? As in, reaching the Void would mean all nodes will be locked except for the first node and Mot?

vor 3 Stunden schrieb CrimsonDarkLord:

Why is it that I have played Mot, Void multiple times with others but it is still locked for me?

Do nodes you play with others only unlock once you have completed the junction to reach the planet first? As in, reaching the Void would mean all nodes will be locked except for the first node and Mot?

During normal star chart progression nodes only unlock if you have completed a junction to the planet. Presumably, Steel Path progression works the same.

That kinda sucks in a way.

For instance, if I'm up to Mercury Steel Path and a friend of mine who only plays on weekends is only up to Earth Steel Path, if we spend one weekend playing together where my friend clears up the SP Star Chart with me from Mercury onwards, all her progress would be for nothing?

It would make more sense if it was completed while still being locked, so that once she finishes Earth and Mercury junction, everything she had completed with me will be fully unlocked. Otherwise we would always have to progress together at the same time?

• 4 months later...
On 2021-09-07 at 10:23 AM, CrimsonDarkLord said:

For instance, if I'm up to Mercury Steel Path and a friend of mine who only plays on weekends is only up to Earth Steel Path, if we spend one weekend playing together where my friend clears up the SP Star Chart with me from Mercury onwards, all her progress would be for nothing?

It would make more sense if it was completed while still being locked, so that once she finishes Earth and Mercury junction, everything she had completed with me will be fully unlocked. Otherwise we would always have to progress together at the same time?

As i understand it, you will unlock any node you can also unlock. Lets say you are at planet 2, and you join someone at planet 1, and unlock everything from planet 1-2-3, you will also have that progress on your starchart. But if you get taxied to someone at planet 7 while you have not unlocked a path there, you will not unlock any nodes you clear. You will keep other rewards.

9 hours ago, NightEye007 said:

As i understand it, you will unlock any node you can also unlock. Lets say you are at planet 2, and you join someone at planet 1, and unlock everything from planet 1-2-3, you will also have that progress on your starchart. But if you get taxied to someone at planet 7 while you have not unlocked a path there, you will not unlock any nodes you clear. You will keep other rewards.

Doing Steel Path menu Alerts will also permanently unlock that node.

On 2021-09-07 at 10:23 AM, CrimsonDarkLord said:

It only take 1 hour to taxi him to the nodes directly at the junctions, then he do the junction solo and on the next planet you taxi him to the next one.
With this method he'll quickly activate all planets and opens the nodes for those every time he plays one - no matter if its by taxi or SP daily.

-c0y

Archived