Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Friend and I scanned 4 of his targets for daily Simaris quest. For some reason I only got points for 2 of the targets.

ThePHiLsTeR

I was the one to scan them all. I had not reached my daily standing cap for Simaris, so daily cap wasn't the issue. In fact, it was right after daily reset, so I had gotten no standing for that day before that point. My friend got 16k points since it was 4k per target. I got 8k points. Anyone know why this is?

I also vaguely remember having this same problem a while ago with another friend as well. I forget all the details but something similar happened.

7 minutes ago, ThePHiLsTeR said:

I was the one to scan them all. I had not reached my daily standing cap for Simaris, so daily cap wasn't the issue. In fact, it was right after daily reset, so I had gotten no standing for that day before that point. My friend got 16k points since it was 4k per target. I got 8k points. Anyone know why this is?

I also vaguely remember having this same problem a while ago with another friend as well. I forget all the details but something similar happened.

Was you in range?

6 minutes ago, ThePHiLsTeR said:

I was the one who scanned them. But I do also scan them and run to extract. So you're saying I have to be within certain range when it registers as scanned?

I actually never tested WHEN it register your standing for simaris
But only thing that comes to my mind is when ppl scan targets they tell others "come into range if you want simaris standing"

So maybe thats your issue

Wouldnt be hard to even test it if you care

6 минут назад, ThePHiLsTeR сказал:

I was the one who scanned them. But I do also scan them and run to extract. So you're saying I have to be within certain range when it registers as scanned?

Yes, you need to be close enough to the target when it disappears after being scanned, otherwise you don't get Simaris standing and the scan don't count toward the nightwave task progress.

1 minute ago, ThePHiLsTeR said:

You need to stay close let them fully dematerialize.

If someone else is scanning them you must stay in Infinity range until the scanned target disappears, it happen to a mate of mine the other day I finished scanning and he didn't get it, even though I'd finished scanning all the spots on the target the mate ran out of Infinity range before Simaris had fully dematerialized/uploaded it, I was watching the top of the screen and seen that he moved away from me, so we figured until target is fully gone from the map stay in Infinity range.

3 hours ago, Schwitzer said:

Affinity* range. I wish affinity had infinity range!

Yeah I've been noticing the range of late, the mate lags behind at times and I'm not speed running just bullet jumping killing things, then I notice the symbol disappear from the top of my screen, I have to stop and wait, 50 metres seems small, I'd like to see it at 65 or 75, though it would really help if he wasn't standing in the middle of the corridor sleeping when I go back to to see what he's doing. 🤣

There's another limitation, Simlaris has a Daily Reputation cap just like all the other factions, if your sharing captures with several other players, you'll reach the cap and be unable to gain more points no matter how many you scan. This can even include your own captures. If your doing your scans on Steel Path, the rep power scan increases dramatically, you can cap out evening doing just your own if your rank is low enough. 

Archived