The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Art) Revenant Exalted Arm Cannon Concept

(XBOX)BiG PaPa Drej

V6WRxgw.jpeg

This is my first attempt at full coloring/shading of a project. I wanted to capture the Eidolon theme with the arm cannon, but still give it a unique look.

Hopefully, DE would consider replacing Revenant's current Danse Macabre for this, as it fits his "theme" a whole lot more and would give him a bigger power fantasy.

The three firing modes are from the three Eidolons' cannon attacks; A rapid barrage of bomblets (like Acceltra), a massive laser (like Sol Gate), and a huge energy wave (like Area Plasmor). Obviously if this was considered then DE would be at liberty to decide if there would even be three firing modes, or what kind of damage they would do.

edit: Thanks for the help getting the image in!

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)BiG PaPa Drej said:

https://imgur.com/gallery/D5W5ALC

This is my first attempt at full coloring/shading of a project. I wanted to capture the Eidolon theme with the arm cannon, but still give it a unique look.

Hopefully, DE would consider replacing Revenant's current Danse Macabre for this, as it fits his "theme" a whole lot more and would give him a bigger power fantasy.

The three firing modes are from the three Eidolons' cannon attacks; A rapid barrage of bomblets (like Acceltra), a massive laser (like Sol Gate), and a huge energy wave (like Area Plasmor). Obviously if this was considered then DE would be at liberty to decide if there would even be three firing modes, or what kind of damage they would do.

NO! His 4 is the best ability! Sentients ADAPT to different damage types. Okay now reverse that or combine it into a offensive warframe: They do damage according to the enemy’s weakest damage type! That’s revenant! Replace his 1, 2 or 3 but his 4 is his best…. 

oh my god but seriously that’s a extremely good job for your first try man…. 

good idea, I love it but please don’t replace the 4.

15 hours ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

NO! His 4 is the best ability! Sentients ADAPT to different damage types. Okay now reverse that or combine it into a offensive warframe: They do damage according to the enemy’s weakest damage type! That’s revenant! Replace his 1, 2 or 3 but his 4 is his best…. 

oh my god but seriously that’s a extremely good job for your first try man…. 

good idea, I love it but please don’t replace the 4.

I understand what you mean, and the appeal for it. Revenant is by far my most played frame since his release. However, without arguing too much about the entire Eidolon theme, could we not just put Danse on Caliban if stats show that people use it a lot? He will be the sentient frame, whereas Rev is the Eidolon one. Danse is a take on the Battalyst lasers, so while Caliban his adapting to the damage taken (through his passive), he can deal it back. While Rev would have this piece of the creature that possessed him.

It's funny seeing players say that Rev's 4 is his best ability, I'm pretty sure Mesmer Skin (his 2) takes the cake. But I don't like using Revenant's kit. His Dance of Death Ultimate is his redeeming quality, although not cerebral imo. I would say, swap out Reave (3rd ability) for your arm-cannon power. You could even say you are harnessing that energy into a weapon instead of riding it. It would still apply the same synergy from Reave when used on his Thralls.

16 hours ago, (XBOX)BiG PaPa Drej said:

https://imgur.com/gallery/D5W5ALC

This is my first attempt at full coloring/shading of a project.

You did this artwork? Fantastic job! 😻

16 hours ago, (XBOX)BiG PaPa Drej said:

edit: The BBcode for putting that link into an image doesn't seem to work

No worries. Just add the file-suffix to your link and it will post the full image. (.jgp/.jpeg/.png/.gif)

V6WRxgw.jpeg

17 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

I'd rather Danse be replaced with something more adaptable, like swapping aspects each with different passive and active effects. Unfortunately, Danse Macabre is more power fantasy than the arm cannon idea, because people like press-4-to-win gimmicks, which sucks because of how cool the rest of Revenant's kit is.

I read through your ideas along with many others' through the years. They are well thought out and I would love for any of them to be legitimately considered by DE, but I always come back to the arm cannon. It's my favorite aesthetic on the Tridolons. From sounds to visuals when they charge it up and fire in that long sweep, it's awesome. They have a lot of aspects that DE could rework into Revenant (one glaring issue is his passive doesn't work with 2 activated), and I hold out hope that they'll do an in-depth rework like with Ember.

On 2021-09-27 at 8:04 PM, (XBOX)BiG PaPa Drej said:

V6WRxgw.jpeg

edit: Thanks for the help getting the image in!

Idea: Make this Revenant's signature archgun instead of his 4th ability, and whip up a wicked-cool archwing to go along with it.

On 2021-09-27 at 9:39 PM, Pizzarugi said:

I'd rather Danse be replaced with something more adaptable, like swapping aspects each with different passive and active effects. Unfortunately, Danse Macabre is more power fantasy than the arm cannon idea, because people like press-4-to-win gimmicks, which sucks because of how cool the rest of Revenant's kit is.

It could just be a special helminth ability

Archived