The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf The Brakk

Etellex

I don't have a lot to contribute to the point of the thread, but I wanted to point out how reasonable the OP became, because manners and good conduct deserve all our +1.  Also +1 to ObviousLee for bringing the thread back from the edge with some nice, good points.

I recall Steve saying something in a devstream along the lines of 100 runs being about right for rewards at the tier 3 for the Gradivus event, which suggests that the overall strength of the Brakk and the Detron was determined by the event somewhat.  That was a new thing for DE to try, and there are a bunch of kinks to work out, especially regarding the rewards, reward payout, etc.  To that end feedback on the balance of gear introduced through top end event rewards is pretty important to DE, because it can help them improve events and balance. 

Edited by Rajko

If the brakk was weaker than bronco prime, then where's the interest in obtaining these weapons if they're going to be overshadowed by something else?

This should be the end of the thread. What's the point in grinding through 100 missions in a limited period of time to get a new, event-exclusive weapon if it's just going to be weaker than its pre-existing, non-exclusive counterpart?

Brakk is hella OP, yeah. It wrecks anything up to level 100, and sometimes higher.

However, I farmed a lot of freaking missions to get it. I placed something like 650th in the leaderboards for freaking Corpus to get it. Out of tens of thousands, that's a noteworthy amount of dedication just to get a piece of gear. No, it didn't take a lot of skill. I freely admit that. Still, I think I ''worked'' for my OP gun. I had to use my own Cata and Formas on it, too, being on the losing side of the event. I had to level it up to 30 several times. My point is, I didn't get Brakk for nothing.

Being able to use it in no way impacts anyone else's gameplay either. It's a PvE game. If I perform better against the AI, so does my team. We are all working towards the same goals here. In any case, Brakk doesn't stop level 100 enemies for shredding me to pieces in 5 seconds flat. It won't carry me much farther than 35 minutes in survival for example. It isn't a magical way to cruise control in all end-game content.

Bottomline is: Yeah, my Brakk is OP. Why would anyone care? There is enough OP around for all players to get theirs. Bullets still hurt my frames. 

Nerf the Brakk? Nope.

Its also funny how machete is better than the dakra prime, which is one frickin hard-to-get weapon, event stuff that is accessible to everyone should not be better than the weapons we farmed 10 days for.

Machete Wraith better than Dakra prime? I would love some feedback on that. I was told the Machete Wraith was crap. I use Dakra Prime myself and I enjoy the melee build I have. it's viable up to a pretty decent lvl of maybe 80-100.

Machete Wraith better than Dakra prime? I would love some feedback on that. I was told the Machete Wraith was crap. I use Dakra Prime myself and I enjoy the melee build I have. it's viable up to a pretty decent lvl of maybe 80-100.

Machete Wraith stops being useful after mobs get to like level 45-50, It's not crap, but like a lot of other weapons it doesn't scale well into lategame.

Machete deals 45 serrated blade damage with normal hits, but they are slow. The charged attack is 125 serrated blade damage and hits up to 3 enemies (like the normal swings). Its a slow sword, but with the right mods...

Dakra prime was the weapon I did most missions for, it was the first longsword with multi-hit, and It deals only 80 serrated blade witha charge and 55 blade damage with a normal strike.

I think machete wraith is better, the damage maximum is just higher.

Sorry about this, I'm going to yell a little.

Are you that stupid?!?!?!?

An exclusive weapon that you get from an event is of course going to be better than your stupid Bronco Prime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got all the parts for the Bronco Prime without even trying, so did a lot of people, so that point is crap.

BRONCO PRIME IS LIKE 70 BILLION TIMES EASIER TO GET THAN AN EVENT WEAPON THAT WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE ONCE!!!

There would be no reason to even own the Brakk if the Bronco Prime was better.

Just because the Bronco Prime took some people longer to get, should we make it better for them?

That's like saying DE saying to me, "Oh, your favorite Warframe is Vauban? But lots more people have Excalibur, so we're going to nerf Vauban into oblivion so it's fair."

There would be no reason to even own the Brakk if the Bronco Prime was better.

Just because the Bronco Prime took some people longer to get, should we make it better for them?

That's like saying DE saying to me, "Oh, your favorite Warframe is Vauban? But lots more people have Excalibur, so we're going to nerf Vauban into oblivion so it's fair."

Assuming this is true about the Brakk(most likely isn't), do you really believe that an endgame weapon should be only available ONCE and only to those who happened to be playing at that time?

What if every game you buy had it's final boss and all endings available only if you preordered it, and that content was never again to be released?

I mean, are people really this stupid, or are you just being sarcastic, and Poe's law is in effect?

I'm not even talking here about how both weapons could be equally viable.

Even rolling with the "tiered progression" crap some people talk about in defense of the power creep, having a limited availability item be the top of that progression would be pretty damn $&*&*#(%&.

Edited by Naqel

AKA "useless" if you're looking at it objectively, since "endgame" is going to require all your "best" gear (if it doesn't already). Therefore, if something is not the "best" you might as well not play "endgame" due to being "useless".

Tiers man, those tasty tiers. So bad for you, yet so delicious.

If playing MMOs has taught me anything, endgame requiring The Best Gear is generally a great way to screw up an endgame.

DC Universe Online, for example, has an 'endgame' mode that basically ended up self-isolated because it required The Best Gear. So now you have to play the endgame raids to get the equipment... that you need to be allowed into a group for the endgame raids.

As you might have suspected, this means the endgame is basically stagnant and few people are reaching it. It's hilarious.

I doubt the "endgame" is going to require The Best Gear Period (unless DE gives in to whiners who are all "I spent ONE THOUSAND HOURS in this game! Why is it so easy now?!" instead of giving them a pat on the head and going "maybe because you spent a thousand hours gaining experience in the game?") because of that self-selecting problem.

If playing MMOs has taught me anything, endgame requiring The Best Gear is generally a great way to screw up an endgame.

DC Universe Online, for example, has an 'endgame' mode that basically ended up self-isolated because it required The Best Gear. So now you have to play the endgame raids to get the equipment... that you need to be allowed into a group for the endgame raids.

As you might have suspected, this means the endgame is basically stagnant and few people are reaching it. It's hilarious.

I doubt the "endgame" is going to require The Best Gear Period (unless DE gives in to whiners who are all "I spent ONE THOUSAND HOURS in this game! Why is it so easy now?!" instead of giving them a pat on the head and going "maybe because you spent a thousand hours gaining experience in the game?") because of that self-selecting problem.

Giving players powerful equipment is all well and good - for the most part. However, if the powerful equipment being given makes other equipment essentially null and void, then you're not doing yourself any favours ("I spent hundreds of hours grinding out the Forma and Catalysts to max out my weapon and now there's something stronger and my current one is pointless!"). For example, Latron Prime compared to Soma and Vectis: both the Soma AND Vectis are better than the Latron Prime in every way it could be used, so there's no reason to theoretically even look at it, despite being a Prime weapon, obtained from the "endgame" content. Hell, the only way Latron Prime beats Vectis is in fire speed and clip size, but if you're looking for a larger clip and better rate of fire, why not take the Soma, which is ALSO more accurate than the Latron Prime and does more damage to boot!

Edited by Volthorne