The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf The Brakk

Etellex

No, they're pretty close. That 75 damage that the lanka has on the vecits? Yeah. That counts. A LOT. That being said, the lanka still has the upper hand on most enemies because it deals serrated blade damage. The vectis deals armor piercing. Which means that they have different places that they excel. But in raw damage per shot, the lanka still wins. Numbers don't lie.

You get to ignore fire-rate mods on the Vectis though, which means you can stack another couple damage-increasing mods on there (woo, rainbow damage ಠ__ಠ). Trust me, Vectis has the highest damage per shot. Before armor mitigation, obviously, but still.

So I got the Brakk after 100 long missions, and I went to test it out. I absolutely slaughtered everything with nearly no effort. I put a day or two of work into getting this hand cannon, but what about the people who farmed much longer for the now weaker bronco prime? This is a huge problem in Warframe, because no matter how hard I work to get something, something stronger will come out and make whatever I have obsolete. So my proposal is to nerf the brakk to be a little worse than the bronco prime.

1 stfu 2 stfu and 3 it's an event weapon. Other people have already said the things I want to say so what they said lol

Its unfortunate that a so rare Prime weapon as the Drakka lose for a Grineer weapon.

If the Vectis, a Tenno weapon, is more powerful than the Vulkar, a Grineer weapon, than the Prime variants should be more powerful than the Wraith variants.

The same can be said with relation to Bronco Prime and Bragg. Bragg is not even a Wraith weapon, but do more damage than a Prime weapon.

Solution is to buff both Bronco Prime and Drakka Prime.

And make the brakk worthless? If the brakk is going to wind up being worse than other weapons already in existence, then what was the point of doing 100 missions in an exclusive event?

While we're at it, lets also nerf the strun wraith (I don't own it) because boar prime is technically more advanced. That was sarcasm, in case some were concerned.

Edited by Pizzarugi

No, they're pretty close. That 75 damage that the lanka has on the vecits? Yeah. That counts. A LOT. That being said, the lanka still has the upper hand on most enemies because it deals serrated blade damage. The vectis deals armor piercing. Which means that they have different places that they excel. But in raw damage per shot, the lanka still wins. Numbers don't lie.

You forget that Vectis has better mod scaling through Charged/Primed Chamber, and that it's damage type is at an advantage against more enemies(Grineer, Corpus and Corrupted) than Lanka is(only Infested).

If you take the mod system out of the equation they're sidegrades, although both are OP compared to what used to(and should) be the standard: Snipetron and Vulkar), however since the mod system counts as one of many good ideas with poor execution, Vectis is the only way to go.

Edited by Naqel

You forget that Vectis has better mod scaling through Charged/Primed Chamber, and that it's damage type is at an advantage against more enemies(Grineer, Corpus and Corrupted) than Lanka is(only Infested).

If you take the mod system out of the equation they're sidegrades, although both are OP compared to what used to(and should) be the standard: Snipetron and Vulkar), however since the mod system counts as one of many good ideas with poor execution, Vectis is the only way to go.

Nah, the infested thing is just a bonus. They're not really OP so much as... better? I don't quite know how to put it. It's like having a weapon that under preforms and then having a weapon that can actually do what it needs to do. They both have drawbacks. But what I'm saying here is that the lanka has the higher DAMAGE PER SHOT. Even with charged chamber. Prime chamber makes it come a lot closer, if not overshadowing it with the 100% damage increase. HOWEVER this mod is not available to the masses as of yet so I'd rather not include it in any standard builds. But if we were to add the mod to both rifles, and measure the damage per shot of both rifles, the lanka would win due to the 75 damage it has on the vectis. I'm not saying it's a worse rifle, but the damage it can achieve isn't on par with the damage the lanka can achieve PER SHOT. Not per second.

You get to ignore fire-rate mods on the Vectis though, which means you can stack another couple damage-increasing mods on there (woo, rainbow damage ಠ__ಠ). Trust me, Vectis has the highest damage per shot. Before armor mitigation, obviously, but still.

It techincally doesn't. I could sit down and do the math but i'm a smidgeon lazy. And yes, you can remove fire rate mods, but you then have to factor in a RELOAD mod. 1 for 1. The Lanka has the better DAMAGE PER SHOT. The vectis can gain a higher DAMAGE PER SECOND.

Its also funny how machete is better than the dakra prime, which is one frickin hard-to-get weapon, event stuff that is accessible to everyone should not be better than the weapons we farmed 10 days for.

Dakka-Dakka-Dakra is kinda better imo due to attack speed and usability and no awkward &#! attack animation, Machete Wraith is only better on paper alone tbh.

It techincally doesn't. I could sit down and do the math but i'm a smidgeon lazy. And yes, you can remove fire rate mods, but you then have to factor in a RELOAD mod. 1 for 1. The Lanka has the better DAMAGE PER SHOT. The vectis can gain a higher DAMAGE PER SECOND.

For all intents and purposes, the Vectis has a 1.0s reload speed (Fast Hands will decrease that to about .75s?). Therefore, a higher DPS for the Vectis rather literally means a higher damage per shot. If you're comfortable with a 1s reload speed (which is already rather fast) you could stack both Primed Chamber and Charged Chamber on it, which is - frankly - flat out obnoxiously effective especially when you also add in Split Chamber.

And for the record, thjere are TWO RoF-boosting mods (Speed Trigger and Shred), and ONE Reload Speed mod (Fast Hands).

Points currently stand 2-0, my favour.

Dakka-Dakka-Dakra is kinda better imo due to attack speed and usability and no awkward &#! attack animation, Machete Wraith is only better on paper alone tbh.

You can also reach some brutal charge dps with it. Also, my problem is not really the values, but the easy availibility for its power. We have to farm for days and weeks for prime weapons or other rare resources to get a good weapon, maybe farm void keys first. Then theres some event where everybody jsut has some easy missions to do and tadaa, we get a medium to strong power weapon with a slot and potato.

Also, Dakra needs to be stronger, alone for the epic looks ^_^

For all intents and purposes, the Vectis has a 1.0s reload speed (Fast Hands will decrease that to about .75s?). Therefore, a higher DPS for the Vectis rather literally means a higher damage per shot. If you're comfortable with a 1s reload speed (which is already rather fast) you could stack both Primed Chamber and Charged Chamber on it, which is - frankly - flat out obnoxiously effective especially when you also add in Split Chamber.

And for the record, thjere are TWO RoF-boosting mods (Speed Trigger and Shred), and ONE Reload Speed mod (Fast Hands).

Points currently stand 2-0, my favour.

You're not paying attention. DPS=/= Damage PER SHOT. I'm not arguing that the vectis can achieve a higher DPS. And again, literally 100 and a handful of people have primed chamber from the mixup and the event. Yes, but when you add shred, you tend to not add speed trigger unless you're going for even more charge speed. Quit treating this like a contest you have to win.

On a side note, it comes down to preference and learning curve for the dakra vs the machete wraith. I'm not arguing that the serrated blade damage is great, but I've seen it in action against level 50 infested, fully modded, and it fails to kill them effectively, with either the swing OR the charge attack. Not saying the dakra can either, but the swing speed makes up for that quite a bit.

then what was the point of doing 100 missions in an exclusive event?

I did 100 missions and didnt got my Detron. So whats the point?

The point is, the missions were fun, much more fun than the $&*&*#(%& rushing in Slingshot and Arid Fear. And also they give blueprints for formas, catalysts and reactors.

This is the point, and some people can do more than 100 runs in the Void to get all parts for the Bronco Prime, spending much more time there than in the super-fast invasion missions. I myself got it by chance, while I was searching for Formas bps.

You're not paying attention. DPS=/= Damage PER SHOT. I'm not arguing that the vectis can achieve a higher DPS. And again, literally 100 and a handful of people have primed chamber from the mixup and the event. Yes, but when you add shred, you tend to not add speed trigger unless you're going for even more charge speed. Quit treating this like a contest you have to win.

I would like to know where I said DPS = Damage per shot. I DID say, and I quote:

For all intents and purposes, the Vectis has a 1.0s reload speed (Fast Hands will decrease that to about .75s?). Therefore, a higher DPS for the Vectis rather literally means a higher damage per shot.

Translated to something you can understand:

Because the reload time on the Vectis is EXACTLY 1.0s, then the damage per second and damage per shot are going to be almost (if not always) exactly  identical.

I will concede that Primed Chamber being included in your build is a bit of a stretch. Regardless, my point still stands.

On the topic: Brakk needs a nerf, yadda yadda, DE doesn't give a F*** because whiners needs bigger numbers.

Lulz at those that actually thing its exclusive.

It will most likely be dropped by the new Ruk.

Vandal and Wraith versions of weapons are the only things that are gonna be exclusive.How can you possibly even conceive that they made a new weapon model just for an event reward and then make it unobtainable for everyone that missed the event?

Also yes, it does need a huge nerf.Just like the Soma.

But no, it won't get a nerf because of all the huge babies that will start whining.At most it will just get a mastery requirement of 6 or something while every single logical post regarding powercreep in this game keeps getting ignored.

Edited by Cabadath5

Lulz at those that actually thing its exclusive.

It will most likely be dropped by the new Ruk.

Vandal and Wraith versions of weapons are the only things that are gonna be exclusive.How can you possibly even conceive that they made a new weapon model just for an event reward and then make it unobtainable for everyone that missed the event?

Also yes, it does need a huge nerf.Just like the Soma.

But no, it won't get a nerf because of all the huge babies that will start whining.At most it will just get a mastery requirement of 6 or something while every single logical post regarding powercreep in this game keeps getting ignored.

Someone's butthurt about the soma. The Brakk is fine. It does 10 more damage than the bronco prime. It does it's job as a shotgun pistol. Can it kill things? Yes. Does it kill then fast? Yes. Do most weapons in the game? Yes.  I honestly don't see all the fuss about this pistol.

Event weapons have always been strong....doing 100 missions for something worse than bronco prime (and thus useless) is not an option for most.

Also if you are asking to nerf the Brakk...why aren't you yelling Acrid OP as well? The acrid can deliver up to 4 (!!!) times the dps of a Brakk. The Brakk doesn't even have the single target dps of the Hikou/Despair.

You are basically asking something that is FOURTH in line to be nerfed while disregarding the other weapons. 

Also...Bronco prime...farming longer? I don't remember having to run 100 freakin' missions for my Bronco Prime...I had it after like 10 at most.

Stop the outcry for nerfing if you can't even see things in perspective =_=" 

TL;DR : Not sure what you are smoking, but Bronco Prime takes only 10-50% (based on your luck) effort of what it took to get the Brakk. It deserves to be stronger...and it's not even close to the strongest sidearm.... so get outta here please

Brakk delivers the damage you need in the time you need ...In my book that's better than Acrid.

How did you build your Brakk or at what range do you shoot it?!.... I pop lvl 80 ancients with 2~3 shots, from ~10 meters (inside  Frost's globe).

But yes ...If Soma exists, and it's a market weapon, than Brakk, an event weapon, must stay like this.

Edited by nekrojiji