Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Normal skin variants for prime weapons

TheNeonGod

Oh Yeah.... I remember running into this issue I wanted to revert one of my Prime Weapons back to its orginal's Skin but I couldn't do that....

Unpopular Opinion:.... The Astilla Prime is Ugly... It's too big and encrusted with too much Crap.... I like OF Astilla.... Give me that with a cleaner Fresh off the Assembly Line look and I'm sorted 😝.... Causs right now it looks like someone dropped it in the Swamp....

4 hours ago, chaotea said:

I believe it might be an issue with how skins are applied. Its likely that its just alot of work to impliment.

I don't think its hard.

I already can put Solstice Corinth skin on a Prime Corinth.      It just uses Prime stats, while keeping Original reload animations.  It loads only one bullet, using standard Corinth animation  (because Corinth P uses clip instead).

It really is as simple as slapping Prime stats onto a non prime model.

18 hours ago, Kainosh said:

I don't think its hard.

I already can put Solstice Corinth skin on a Prime Corinth.

The Solstice Corinth skin is a skin however. Its made to be overlayed.

If it was easy, they would have done it already. Most likely whatever they would need to do would need to be implimented per weapon and likely would need to be implimented for every weapon, not just those whith prime varients (as having 2 different systems for weapons would only cause more issues down the line).

2 hours ago, chaotea said:

The Solstice Corinth skin is a skin however. Its made to be overlayed.

Solstice skin = Retextured Corinth. No new mesh or animations. Just paint.

When you use Solstice on Corinth prime, this happens:    Corinth Prime stats are applied to Basic Corinth wearing Solstice Paint.    That is why it works like it works, using Basic Corinth reloading animation.

Basically, instead of putting Solstice on Corinth Prime, you put Corinth Prime Stats on Corinth in Solstice Skin.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Doesn't explain the Reload Animation Though... 🤔

It does, The animations are tied to skins. The issue isnt simple like that, its more likely a structural issue within the code base.

With stuff like this, the action of making a change might be easy in concept, but its built on years of overlapping code that could take months to restructure. So its not impossible, but is it worth the time?

50 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Solstice skin = Retextured Corinth. No new mesh or animations. Just paint.

Yes. But its a 'skin'. It was built as a 'skin'. It was programmed as a 'skin' and coded as a 'skin'. Its not just paint. Its lines of code implimented in a particular way to make it modular and capable of replcing the existing model. The standard models likely are not.

52 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

When you use Solstice on Corinth prime, this happens:    Corinth Prime stats are applied to Basic Corinth wearing Solstice Paint.    That is why it works like it works, using Basic Corinth reloading animation.

More likely, when you apply the skin, it simply swaps out the model and animation for the set determained as the skin. Its still referencing the prime as far as gameplay is concerned. The skins are distinct version of weapons, just hollow ones without stats. Its seperating the base model from its intertwined information that likely takes time.

55 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Basically, instead of putting Solstice on Corinth Prime, you put Corinth Prime Stats on Corinth in Solstice Skin.

My point is that its easy to say, but is never as easy to impliment. This is like saying "Basically, instead of making your table in Excel, you open word and make it there". Sure its doable, its just not as simple as a breif summery seems to make it.

Archived