Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am feeling really unmotivated to farm Kuva

(PSN)Frost_Nephilim

Before the update that added a timer to the drops of Steel Essence, I used to be able to bring my Smeeta Kavat and wait for it to proc the ability called Charm twice or more. With a resource booster, i was able to collect 8x as much Steel Essence than without my kavat. I used to play Steel Path missions for about 1-3 hours on and off and had a wonderful time. I enjoyed the challenge of trying to survive as long as i could for my kavat to proc with the risk of losing everything, and i also loved that feeling you get when the kavat finally procd. This method allowed me to get up to 400 steel essence in 3 or less hours if conditions were right (which i'd say happened about 50% of the time). Nice right? I made about 2million kuva off of this before the change was implemented (took about a month to get that much kuva). I have near 20 rivens i would like to get perfect roles on, and even with the ability to gain all of that kuva, i managed to get not a single perfect role on any of my rivens. Now? i get 62-200 steel essence every 1-3hours respectively. Such a goal was already absurdly time consuming to complete, but now? I've given up on trying for it, and have lost near all motivation to play warframe as i now have nothing to achieve in the game within a reasonable amount of time.

And as far as the fun challenge goes, you are better off playing steel path on the lowest difficulty than the highest. Get resources faster for chosing not to challenge yourself so, hurray there.... I get that DE wants to have something that keeps players playing the game but this has actually had the opposite effect on me. No reason to keep playing if i can no longer experience anything new (make any progress) while there's another grindy game out there where i can experience things new in you know? love warframe but i hate that the way they're going about keeping players playing right now. Grind is fine, im okay with spending weeks to get something, anything at all, but nothing? i have to wait months to a year? It's absurd...

Anybody suffering from this as well when it comes to kuva and steel essence? Or are you still having a good time farming it all? 

I have many idea to make the grind more pleasurable imo, while keeping the grind. Weekly events that boost the amounts of steel essence players can get through a similar risk reward type of challenge. Would likely boost player activity amongst the more end game players like crazy. Add in some rare instances where players can earn even more rewards too like a 100k kuva drop from a rare enemy being found and defeated, can you picture the screams of joy when a player gets a rare reward like that? It makes things more thrilling. My whole desire for wanting sanctuary onslaught in the past was the hope that it would help DE better understand how to bring balance to the game (preferably through buffs instead of nerfs), if it was used for that then i feel such an idea could be more than possible to effectively be made challenging and rewarding near perfectly. 

your first few sentence is the exact reason it got nerfed lol why are you trying to make it as a defending point.

players having too many SE is going to make their umbra forma / forma bundle way too easy to access costing their plat sales or event engagement when umbra forma appears.

7 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

your first few sentence is the exact reason it got nerfed lol why are you trying to make it as a defending point.

players having too many SE is going to make their umbra forma / forma bundle way too easy to access costing their plat sales or event engagement when umbra forma appears.

The rest of the post speaks about the kuva it offers. Ill reword it 

edit: just needed to reword the title really. 

4 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

Changed title to kuva

45 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

I just do Incursions regularly and I have all the Essence I need, to the point where I stop bothering with Defense and Interception incursions and only sometimes bother with Excavation, just because they're all annoying or slow in their own way.

I'm also not a Kuva addict. It's better this way. 

At this point I'm with you. I've lost all desire to farm it as well

6 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

20 rivens i would like to get perfect roles on

I can't help but think this is perhaps where you made a mistake. And you may have also underestimated how many rolls (i.e. kuva) you would need to get a perfect roll.

I gotta admire the ambitious idea, sometimes it can be difficult to find new goals to reach for in Warframe, so this is definitely a very ambitious goal.

The nature of riven rng means you could dump 2mil kuva into a single riven and still not get a "perfect" roll, so to set your sights on 20 perfect rolls is indeed a challenge. (One of the main reasons many people simply choose not to engage with rivens)

The new kuva farm is basically kuva survival in Steel path, afaik. It probably won't be as lucrative as your old strategy, but that's gone now, and there's nothing to be done about it. You're basically feeling the effects of having your favourite toy taken away.

What is perhaps interesting is that you seemed to suggest you did enjoy this game play loop, but now the Steel essence haul is less, you don't enjoy it as much. Obviously that makes sense, but it does perhaps highlight that you enjoyed the gameplay because of the Steel essence, and not necessarily the actual gameplay itself.

I'd say this is just another reminder of how heinous the rng is within the riven system, and just how badly it could do with an overhaul.

1 hour ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

I can't help but think this is perhaps where you made a mistake. And you may have also underestimated how many rolls (i.e. kuva) you would need to get a perfect roll.

I gotta admire the ambitious idea, sometimes it can be difficult to find new goals to reach for in Warframe, so this is definitely a very ambitious goal.

The nature of riven rng means you could dump 2mil kuva into a single riven and still not get a "perfect" roll, so to set your sights on 20 perfect rolls is indeed a challenge. (One of the main reasons many people simply choose not to engage with rivens)

The new kuva farm is basically kuva survival in Steel path, afaik. It probably won't be as lucrative as your old strategy, but that's gone now, and there's nothing to be done about it. You're basically feeling the effects of having your favourite toy taken away.

What is perhaps interesting is that you seemed to suggest you did enjoy this game play loop, but now the Steel essence haul is less, you don't enjoy it as much. Obviously that makes sense, but it does perhaps highlight that you enjoyed the gameplay because of the Steel essence, and not necessarily the actual gameplay itself.

I'd say this is just another reminder of how heinous the rng is within the riven system, and just how badly it could do with an overhaul.

Yeah just about sums it up. The way one could aquire so much steel Essence with such a risky decision, along with the fact that you never knew when the karat would proc, made the experience quite fun. The uncertainty and huge reward felt amazing. Really got me thinking at times, trying to figure out how I could survive another wave. I had this bunny hop method once on my last revive that barely was working but it helped enough to finish that last wave. Was a 400 Steel essence run, felt so good and had me thinking of ways that I could do better next time.

Now? there's no sense of excitement while you're farming. No thrill. Nothing unexpected. Just back to normal warframe with a painfully slow and unrewarding grind to get, nothing. It feels horrible getting in high level content cause I don't gain anything, only put myself at risk of losing everything which is beyond frustrating if it happens. 

Missions offer nothing to me but a form of lullaby now.

As Meatloaf once said "You took the words right out of my mouth" .. my main yippy moment these days is finding that last rare reinforced Corpus crate to finish my Objects in the codex..  soo OP I totally agree with you and feel it too... but we know just based on what DE are saying is an "Event" lmao .. we know the direction is for the new playerbase that havent spend the game allowance yet.. not really interested in the rest of the playerbase..at least when the New War is released I should have some more codex entries to scan :) god I hope DE fix the codex in TNW update.. 

On 2021-11-15 at 5:07 PM, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Anybody suffering from this as well when it comes to kuva and steel essence? Or are you still having a good time farming it all? 

I don't farm Kuva.... I Aquire it when it's convenient to do so....

I said it before and Il say it again... RIVEN MODS ARE EVIL !!! 

They only make the game worse.... And I want nothing more for them than to be Deleted.... Along with Nullifiers.

On 2021-11-15 at 5:54 PM, Dauggie said:

players having too many SE is going to make their umbra forma / forma bundle way too easy to access costing their plat sales or event engagement when umbra forma appears

That makes no sense... You can buy Umbra Forma with plat and the purchases of Both that and The Forms Bundle are one time only per rotation... Whatever affect it has on sales is going to be negligible 🤔.

On 2021-11-15 at 10:08 PM, TheLexiConArtist said:

I just do Incursions regularly and I have all the Essence I need, to the point where I stop bothering with Defense and Interception incursions and only sometimes bother with Excavation, just because they're all annoying or slow in their own way.

I'm also not a Kuva addict. It's better this way. 

An Hour Ago I was teamed up with a Host so Laggy that the game refused to open the menu and let me abort....

Uhm.... So... Does this mean that even the menu isn't Client Side ? 🤔

I can tell you being Held Hostage by in a Disruption Mission is no Fun 😱 !!!!

On 2021-11-15 at 11:26 PM, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

My Definition of a Perfect Roll is anything that allows me to Free Up a Slot....

Heres a Perfect example:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

Free Viral in one Slot.... The Low Disposition is actually better in this case because if it were higher then the Magazine might become a Problem....

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Free Viral in one Slot.... The Low Disposition is actually better in this case because if it were higher then the Magazine might become a Problem....

That never made sense to me. The multipliers on negative stats should be reciprocal (1/dispo), so they're more lenient on the high dispo weapons that 'need' the riven more, and more aggressive on the low-dispo that are already good. You practically already 'need' a god-roll on the worst dispo to even be worth the slot anyway, so it hardly matters to have the negatives more punishing.

Archived