Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I missing something about the MR14 test?

Darthplagueis13

Like, I don't think Warframe is neccessarily a hard game or that it should be one. However, I don't quite understand why the Mastery Test for Rank 14 - a point in the game that I reached after 400+ hours, consists of killing three waves of lv. 17 enemies.

No matter how bad or casual you are at the game, unless you are deliberately going in with unranked and unmodded gear as well as an unmodded frame, this won't even be remotely as hard as your average exterminate mission.

Not saying it should be some incredibly hard or tricky challenge, but I don't quite understand why this is the test used to determine if you are worthy of crafting the most powerful gear in the game.

Again, doesn't need to be super hard, but I think lv. 45-50 should be something any player who reaches that point should handle with relative ease.

difficulty on MR tests is all over the place just did MR 18 couple days ago and it was simple 5 wave defense mission. I think it was MR 11 which had that timed course where you need to shoot targets to get extra time, that one took me probably three to four tries finally cheesed it with Titania and even then barely made it. 

looking forward to MR 19 I heard it's one of the difficult ones. 

Truth be told, DE needs to rework their MR tests, some of the tests are for content players would have gone through long ago, example the MR24 test which is with the Operator and requires the player to void beam an Orb wile avoiding/killing the Infested. This should be an MR8~10 test as players by those MR will already have unlocked their Operator`s full potential.

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Truth be told, DE needs to rework their MR tests, some of the tests are for content players would have gone through long ago, example the MR24 test which is with the Operator and requires the player to void beam an Orb wile avoiding/killing the Infested. This should be an MR8~10 test as players by those MR will already have unlocked their Operator`s full potential.

That one was weird (it's the one I did last week).  Not hard, either, but I gathered after that you use the mote amp unless you die?  I had meant to practice but I guess chose test and it was over pretty quickly (later I had wish I'd gotten to swap amps after dying or whatever).

Hm. I’ll have to look at the test again, but from what I’ve seen, it’s not meant to test your modding ability, but your ability to use core mechanics of the game. Which means unmodded items will see you through (though I’m not sure about the MR30 test; still playing my way up to that)

edit: 🤔 I wonder if it could also be a thought experiment. 400+ hours in, and do you need all the damage and survival mods equipped all the time?

Hrmm. Now I’m thinking of a test that tests restraint instead of overkill capacity. This topic has become a thought experiment for me, haha

• 2 weeks later...

Archived